What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Got these from B&R Autowrecking. They're a little dirty but they're the brown leather seats from a first gen that I've always wanted. My 2014 has cloth seats that suck ass. These are just the fronts, getting the rears tomorrow.

tuanies, I'm not going to lie, I was hoping you'd come up with some gen2 Speed3 seats to put in your 5. I guess these will do. ;) Since you have them apart you may be able to " bolster" the bolstering a bit if that would be of interest to you.

So.....I got new tires on my wheels. The 245/40/18s were rubbing a bit even after the fender pull.

So now on to 225/40/18s. Almost identical rolling diameter to stock and ride great. Not to mention no rub and no "donk" look. Lol
ca45ab5715918f2792d33aabba4664ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice. What offsets are the wheels?

Nice. What offsets are the wheels?
18x8 with 32 offset. I had 245 and rolled the fenders, but they still rubbed. 225s are doing great and are damn near flush with the fenders. Love it! Now, to go moar low.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tuanies, I'm not going to lie, I was hoping you'd come up with some gen2 Speed3 seats to put in your 5. I guess these will do. ;) Since you have them apart you may be able to " bolster" the bolstering a bit if that would be of interest to you.

Gen2 Speed 3 seats are regular 3 seats with different fabric, unfortunately. If I can find espresso brown RX8 seats, I'd give them a shot :)

If those came out of a first gen GT wouldn't they also have the heaters? That would be well worth the time and effort to wire up IMO. I always thought the white exterior, brown leather interior was the most desireable first gen 5...

MX5 NC wheels installed.. painted by myself (not well). I was trying to avoid spending more to have them professionally done than what I spent to buy them...will eventually get them done...Tour Bus_resized.jpg

One seat in! Was a big pain in the ass - had to swap the entire upper seat frame/foam and everything from the brown seats, swap the side airbag from the cloth seats into it, swap the seat pan from the cloth seats (brown seat pan had a lot of bad rust). Looks like the lower seat cushions are shorter but they might be better for me since I'm only 5'7". Will tackle the driver's side and rear seats tomorrow.

cuSp7w-FCg0tve7EBe0wGCrPLzck6sBXhKTYI7g0WeI=w543-h965-no

Getting ready for a road trip. Tired of touching up rock chips so I installed this...clear bra on the hood, where most of the damage occurs..(wink)

attachment.php

Last edited:
If those came out of a first gen GT wouldn't they also have the heaters? That would be well worth the time and effort to wire up IMO. I always thought the white exterior, brown leather interior was the most desireable first gen 5...

In that case, I'm one lucky dude to end up with that set up (cabpatch).. When I was looking for an MZ5 at the time, I didn't think much about MZ5 trim levels til I've read about it from other posts. The seats do come heated. I do wish it has an arm rest for the front passenger seat, and arm rests in the mid rear seats (door side)..

Last edited:
You are lucky, thats one sexy little van! Tuanies, the brown leather looks fabulous in your interior. I would love to be a fly on the wall at a car show as the Mazda wonks try to figure out how you got a stick shift Mazda5 with leather seats LOL

You are lucky, thats one sexy little van! Tuanies, the brown leather looks fabulous in your interior. I would love to be a fly on the wall at a car show as the Mazda wonks try to figure out how you got a stick shift Mazda5 with leather seats LOL

They also stopped offering the brown after 07 too, so that may be confusing :D.

Definitely a nice contrast with the beige interior trim. Btw, what did you use to get them filthy seats so clean??

Scrubbing bubbles lemon scent, 100% natural horsehair kiwi shoe brush, Griots leather rejuvenator and lots of patience.

Went through an aggressive rebedding process to cure a braking shimmy. Turns out a rotor was warped. Had them turned and grabbed some pads from NAPA. Braking is smooth now, but definitely unimpressed by the initial bite the NAPA premium ceramic pads offer.

Replaced the cabin filters this weekend. Placement of these filters were not designed for quick and easy access. This was my third time changing these filters and it still took me almost 45 minutes!

Did this the other day too after 70k miles. The passenger seat track seemed to be in a real bad place for my build. Nothing like a seat track in your ribcage for a half hour or so.

Did this the other day too after 70k miles. The passenger seat track seemed to be in a real bad place for my build. Nothing like a seat track in your ribcage for a half hour or so.

lol, and a heater core to burn you. It's so obvious those filters were an afterthought.

Added a 3xlock start ability on my factory remote. Nice to be able to remote start the car and not have to have another remote on the keychain. (cool)

Back