What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Sir, I have changed mine @ 20k and they were disgusting. I think it's the constant use of auto climate for purpose of dehumidification. I am referring to the recirculate air option that auto climate likes to use a lot...but who knows?

Can you share a link for this item on ebay? Thanks!!!
UPDATE: BUY OEM, $50 both! Update to come! :D

But for $55 you can buy the whole https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned).
I'm not sure it would fit 2012+
That's a good price for the complete mirror. I really like that it has the little defrost indicator!! Hmmm….

The quality of the mirror/glass is very important. I'd like to hear twintrbo's impression of the glass. The complete mirror looks nice but you'd still need to take apart and replace the covers. Something things to think about.

Last edited:
Finally installed my Pionneer head unit, didn't have much time to try it out and take pics.
Will do this week end and post my impressions.

Funny you should ask that. One of the reasons I got the bug to change them was flawed optics on the drivers side. I asked the dealer to replace it initially but they said it was normal. The new glass seems to be flawless and was something I considered when I bought them as well. I don't trust the knock off stuff, it costs 1/3 the price for a reason. Optics and overall quality are very important to me, its the main reason I went with a gentex rear view mirror that's used by OEM's instead of a bells and whistles unit from China. OEM does not indicate heated glass btw, that's something I wish it did have!

The quality of the mirror/glass is very important. I'd like to hear twintrbo's impression of the glass. The complete mirror looks nice but you'd still need to take apart and replace the covers. Something things to think about.

Seller carries both sides, ~$30 shipped each or $56 both.
UPDATE: DELETE URL. You can buy OEM, $50 both! Update to come! :D

I saw that guy, but he is from eastern europe, old russian country. Would probably take 1 to 1.5 month to receive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Replaced the front swaybar bushings and re-greased the rear bushings. Goodbye "POP POP POP" every time I drive over a rough surface, hello quiet ride!

And no, I didn't drop the lower sub-frame, I just unbolted the clips for the top. Way easier.

See post 1329 in this thread. No clue what caused it. It wasn't raining, temps were mid 70's and partly cloudy. Upper deck of a suspension bridge so nothing fell from a building and no construction on bridge. Just a pop and no more glass, weird but common.

Thanks. Yes, that is why I asked. It is not brand specific, yet some people think it relates to the brand quality. I've seen it across the board, Nissans, Fords, Hondas...

Replaced the front swaybar bushings and re-greased the rear bushings. Goodbye "POP POP POP" every time I drive over a rough surface, hello quiet ride!

And no, I didn't drop the lower sub-frame, I just unbolted the clips for the top. Way easier.

I remember when the members started reporting the issue and then the TSB came out. Do you know if it was previously done in your car? I've not seen it reported lately (and my 2008 has not had that problem...yet)

What front sway bar bushings did you buy? Were they prothane or other synthetic material? What size were they? Thanks.

Thanks. Yes, that is why I asked. It is not brand specific, yet some people think it relates to the brand quality. I've seen it across the board, Nissans, Fords, Hondas...

I remember when the members started reporting the issue and then the TSB came out. Do you know if it was previously done in your car? I've not seen it reported lately (and my 2008 has not had that problem...yet)
I'm sure there was a TSB issued, but I bought it used and am well out of warranty. Figured I'd do it myself and save the rediculous labor cost the shops charge. Fairly easy process.

What front sway bar bushings did you buy? Were they prothane or other synthetic material? What size were they? Thanks.
I bought mine from NAPA, not sure on the material, I just liberally coated them in synthetic grease before install.
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...-Bushing-Front-Susp/_/R-NCP2652784_0365643989

And I just replaced both serpentine belts. I'm done with maintenance for awhile, lol.

Last edited:
I added a front splitter today. I'm still on the fence about it..

20131020_183448_zpsf99af33c.jpg

20131020_183425_zpsf9bf54c1.jpg

20131020_183406_zps27f430e0.jpg

Can you share a link for this item on ebay? Thanks!!!
I hope you didn’t buy the ebay mirros I posted earlier (not knowing quality). It was the only place where I’ve come across them. I did some emailing last night and found OEM are not much more -less even. 

OEM mirrors can be had for $53.19 pick-up in VA or $60.03 shipped (I think flat rate shipping so buy more stuff but only if you need it). I’m headed down that way this weekend and will be picking them up.
http://parts.arlingtonmazda.com/products/GLASS-&-HOLDER(L),MIRROR-(CC45%2d69%2d1G7).html
http://parts.arlingtonmazda.com/products/GLASS-&-HOLDER(R),MIRROR-(CC45%2d69%2d1G1).html
Driver Side Exterior Mirror Glass Fits:
2007-2012 CX-7 / With Heated Mirror, Without Blind Spot Monitoring
2007-2009 CX-9 / With Heated Mirror, With Convex Mirror Glass, Without Blind Spot Monitoring
2006 + Mazda5 / With Heated Mirror
Didn't know the CX7/9 share the same mirror as the Mz5.

@ twintrbo – You are on the hook for the how-to since you came in here and started posting this and getting me (and others, at least hibern8r) all excited :p

Can’t wait to install them and be prepared for winter. I can vividly remember what it is like when it is ice covered and heavy show covered. Woot!

Last edited:
Thanks for the link!!! OEM FTW!!! This would be my most useful mod to date... ...well, maybe number two behind the roll bar and links :)

Changed all four brakes with E-coated drilled rotors and ceramic pads. Had to bring the car in to replace a torn CV boot and they also spotted bad front sway bar links and changed it out.

Old front rotors.

2dqvz38.jpg

Old seized rear brakes

2eodsi8.jpg

New front rotor

2eq7xop.jpg

2zfmmox.jpg

New rear rotor

ohikaq.jpg

New front rotor and wheel

szv9qe.jpg

Good gawd that's why I like living in the south.... I remember working on cars back in high school and college. The shop I worked at was just off the interstate in Atlanta. We would routinely see cars with NY, NY and Canadian plates stop in on their way to Florida. We would draw straws to decide who HAD to work on them. Everything was always rusted up.

Old seized rear brakes

2eodsi8.jpg

Back