What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Just got back from a NYC to Toronto and back via Niagara Falls. I kept wondering if I saw any of you guys running around. If you saw a Stormy Blue with INNO bumps and New York plates, it was me! I even parked next to a twin at the Toronto Zoo, my 4yo thought it was the funniest thing ever.........

DKAZ, with Canadian cash just above par, we spent lots, but got good value. Fred Meyers and Costco got most of our cash and we donated some to local artisans. Avoided the pricey traps (except for paying 54 bucks to ride the tram up the mountain above Juneau-well worth the money) and took in the natural wonders. WOW.

2011-08-21 16.25.04.jpg2011-08-21 16.24.48.jpgJust did a "transplant" of RX-8 Multi-Color (yellow when on, blue/yellow when off, yellow light output) fog lights. Since the part number on the glass is the same for my 05 RX-8 and 07 mazda5, why not try it? I think it worked well, let me know what you think...

Finally got around to cleaning the 5. Good wash, and filled the tires up. Still have to vacuum, but the kid is awake now.

I moved my 5 out into the street to get it out from under our trees in anticipation of the coming storm! In the unlikely event that we have to get out of here, it's going to be the getaway car!

I moved my 5 out into the street to get it out from under our trees in anticipation of the coming storm! In the unlikely event that we have to get out of here, it's going to be the getaway car!
I was just thinking the same thing, I usually park right in front of my house, but I don't want MY tree falling on MY car, rather someone else :)

So far, it's turned out to be no big deal where I live, but 15 or so miles away, old town Alexandria has some flooding. We cleared everything out of the yard, tied stuff down, etc. but it seems we didn't really need to. The wind hasn't been too bad.

Took a nice drive up to the Pappadeaux in Cincinnati. Amazing restaurant. Very comfortable drive in the 5. All around nice short road trip.

Got an Exedy Stage 1 Performance Clutch put in and replaced transmission fluid with Red Line MT90 gear oil. Member of another forum had a used one for sale used for less than 15,000km before he swapped a Mazdaspeed 3 transmission into this 3 GT which had been aftermarket turbocharged.

LOVE IT!!!!

Old burnt out clutch (top), new-ish Exedy Stage 1 Clutch (below)
2c25f359.jpg

Replaced the cabin air filters. Could they have put them in a more inaccessible place??
Also last weekend replaced all 4 speakers with Pioneer TS-A6874R 6x8". Sound 100 times better then the stockers. Front speaker were probably the easiest I've ever done. The rear ones more than made up for it. Not really difficult, just a lot of work to get to and put everything back together. Result was worth the hassle.

25015 miles and the crappy Toyos are history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Installed a set of Michelin 215/50/17 Primacy MXV4s with alignment, mount and balance with nitrogen fill (rolleyes) and the funky green valve caps. HUGE difference, smooth and quiet, well a lot quieter, not as quiet as my other car, but YAHOO, I'm happy.

Last edited:
25015 miles and the crappy Toyos are history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Installed a set of Michelin 215/50/15 Primacy MXV4s with alignment, mount and balance with nitrogen fill (rolleyes) and the funky green valve caps. HUGE difference, smooth and quiet, well a lot quieter, not as quiet as my other car, but YAHOO, I'm happy.

wow, you made it farther than me; replacing the Toyos this afternoon with just a little over 22K miles. Both driver side tires had massive tread wear on inside of the tires. Needless to say, i will rotate my new set (Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum XL) more often than I did the Toyos.

Last edited:
wow, you made it farther than me; replacing the Toyos this afternoon with just a little over 22K miles. Both driver side tires had massive tread wear on inside of the tires. Needless to say, i will rotate my new set (Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum XL) more often than I did the Toyos.

How are the Kumhos, I looked long and hard at those, but afraid they might be noisy, really liked the looks, but all I've read about the Michelins have been that they are quiet so I decided to try a set. I could have saved about a $100 and they might be my next tire.

How are the Kumhos, I looked long and hard at those, but afraid they might be noisy, really liked the looks, but all I've read about the Michelins have been that they are quiet so I decided to try a set. I could have saved about a $100 and they might be my next tire.

they're still sitting in the back of the car, they don't don't get installed until this afternoon (along with an alignment). This will be my first try at Kuhmos, I'm hoping for good things -- hard to believe they'd be louder than the Toyos. They reviewed/tested fairly well on Tire Rack which led to me pulling the trigger.

Last edited:
25015 miles and the crappy Toyos are history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Installed a set of Michelin 215/50/15 Primacy MXV4s with alignment, mount and balance with nitrogen fill (rolleyes) and the funky green valve caps. HUGE difference, smooth and quiet, well a lot quieter, not as quiet as my other car, but YAHOO, I'm happy.

Nice. Enjoy.

Kuhmos are on; first impression is positive, much quieter and smoother than the Toyos. Rear toe on was out on the driver's side, though not by much. I promise to rotate more religiously...though i'm not too sorry to get rid of the Toyos.

Back