What downpipe?

hdiddy27

:
2003.5 Mazda Protege Mazdaspeed
So I am trying to get opinions about what you guys think the better downpipe is between the Pope and the Corksport. I am a huge fan of Corksport seeing how I already have there 80mm exhaust and FMIC installed on my MSP. My exhaust already bottlenecks and I would have to modify it to make it a true 3in all the way through with the pope. Any input would be excellent.

I'd go with the pope's down pipe. I love mine. Just be warned you will need to do some modifiying to get it to fit properly. You will need to trim down teh AC braket and get a straight neck t-stat housing or a spacer (pope offeres these)

I have had the CS on my car for about five years now and it's a great part. Mine is the old two piece design, but I've never had any problems with it. Makes decent power too!

Britt

3" is serious overkill for the GT25. However, it certainly doesn't hurt anything and since you already have a >3" exhaust it doesn't make sense to put anything smaller coming off the turbo. If you go to a bigger turbo at some point, you already have the exhaust for it. Of course, the biggest you could go is a GT2871R, and 3" is probably still overkill for that as well. Nothing wrong with a little overkill though.

Back