What did you pay for your loaded MP5? Im in the market for one.

:
03 P5
First off let me say im more then impressed with the car. The only thing it lacks for me is power and we all know that can be taken care of (psssssshhhht).

Anyhow. I want the top of line model. Leather interior, chrome/polished wheels, sunroof etc etc. But id like to know what to expect to pay from actualy car buyers.

Edmonds is tell me $17K. Car and Driver is telling me $16K. Ive got a good idea of paying around $16.5K for the car but i want to make sure im doing everything correctly.

What kind of interest rate did you qualify for on a 60 month term.

What kind of monthly payments are you at right now?

Personally, im paying $410 a month for my 2001 VW GTI 1.8t on a 60 month term. I was upside down $3K going in and im currently oweing about $14K left on the loan. KBB says i should be able to get close to $13K for it, and if im pushy enough...maybe i can get them to simply pay it off to make the deal go through.

So, any tips for a possible new owner? I live in Northern Virginia (Fairfax area) and will more then likely be going to Browns Toyota to seek potentional prospects. Anyone have any feedback from them? Maybe a saleman i should look into speaking with directly? Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

Drew
www.wannarunthatshit.com

Ah Prices......

Alright I got a pretty good deal on my P5, but my uncle owns the dealership. I got mine with maual trans, leather, moonroof/6 disc changer, Side airbags/ABS brakes for 16000 even. This was with a 1500 factory instant rebate. includes tax delivery and all that other nonsense. The thing is this rebate was offered if you didn't finance and I didn't. If you can get close to that price than take it as you are getting an amzing deal which is still 3000 below the msrp for a loaded P5. Have a good one and enjoy the car.

Mish

Re: Ah Prices......

Mish said:
Alright I got a pretty good deal on my P5, but my uncle owns the dealership. I got mine with maual trans, leather, moonroof/6 disc changer, Side airbags/ABS brakes for 16000 even. This was with a 1500 factory instant rebate. includes tax delivery and all that other nonsense. The thing is this rebate was offered if you didn't finance and I didn't. If you can get close to that price than take it as you are getting an amzing deal which is still 3000 below the msrp for a loaded P5. Have a good one and enjoy the car.

Mish

So your telling me if i can get $16K for a loaded P5 its an amazing deal, yet the guy above said not to pay more then $15K? :confused:

Volkswagons!!

I checked out your link, those are some sick volkswagons.. Just curious why are you thinking about a protege 5?

Mish

15k?!?

I know my uncle didn't rip me off. I work at his dealership and he definitly gave it to me at cost which was 15 something, with tax and title it was 16 even. If you paid 15k the dealership would most likely be losing money, i don't know if they have volume discounts or anything like that but 15k doesn't seem too plausible, just look at the msrp. but if you could get it for 15k more power to you and I'll have words with my uncle.

Mish

Re: Volkswagons!!

Mish said:
I checked out your link, those are some sick volkswagons.. Just curious why are you thinking about a protege 5?

Mish

Thanks, the Silver one was mine. Factory turbo and bolts ons running mid to low 13's.

Basically heres how it goes, $$$$.

$410 a month isnt exactly cheap. I can afford it yes, but not cheap.

AND

Back in Octover of 2002, i got hit with 2 speeding tickets within 4 days. (dont care to explain, but it was more of being in the wrong spot at the wrong time type of deal. Out of 3 cars the first time i got picked, and the 2nd car in the middle of traffic i got picked again) So my insurance went from an outstanding $104 a month for 5 months with the 6th month free, to an obsurd $188 a month for 5 months with the 6th one free.

So now im paying $600 a month on a car that i dont put but maybe 50 miles on a week. (drive a work van for business).

So in general, with ALOT less power im hopingt o keep my foot off the gas and simply enjoy the ride. Not to mention get back into a car thats affordable. My insurance should drop a lil bit too because technically im going to a "station wagon".

Drew

:D

damn....

I feel sick
I'm hoping that either

A. It's not fully loaded or
B. The dealer's kid drove it for a few months and put like 1000 miles on it

Oh well nothing i can do now, either way I'll have a chat with my uncle.

eggynatey said:
Yeah, brand new. "1 at this price!"

Drew,

sorry to hear selling your dub. i think i have seen your name on Vwvortex. i still own one but my GF is getting P5 tomorrow!
she paid $16.5k with moonroof, abs/side airbag, auto dim mirror, cd changer, and security alarm. she did use $1000 rebate and this price doesnt include Tax.

GOOD LUCK;)

mine was $15,797($100 over invoice not including tax) with an auto and side airbags/abs + $1750 rebate. if you do the proper research, you can save a ton and get the whole thing done in less than 2 hours.
i got all my dealership stuff done in 1 1/2 hours.

YEEAH!! SUNNYVALE MAZDA!!! RAISE THE ROOF!!!
WHOOT WHOOT

I paid a whopping $13,400 ($14,400 out the door) for a 2003 MP5 w/ 36 miles, mine was without the sun roof, 6 cd, or leather (and it's a 5-speed) but the best $14,400 i have ever spent (the sticker was $17,300)

$17,800 with moonroof/6 CD changer, polished wheels, wheel locks, leather, side airbags/ABS, bumper guard. It's a 2003 purchased in Jan 2003.

in july of 02 i paid 17,200 everything except leather and the cd changer. saw a brand new 03 the other day sport shifter, no sunroof, no cd changer $12, 599

Cheap

Got mine for $13400 out the door, cause it was a hail damage, but actually has no real damage at all. Just a few nicks. It has leather but is an AUTO (puke) anyways, that was my deal, 13400 out the door. btw i live in columbus, and they have a few more left at similar prices if anyone cares.

Ok i just got an email back from an internet quote from Browns Mazda. Hows this sound?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On all '03 Protege5s in stock, our low Internet Price is just 3% over the true factory invoice minus $1,750 dealer cash!

2003 Mazda Protege5 - stock# 4633
Sunlight Silver Metallic / Off-Black trim
Options included--
--5-speed Manual transmission
--100-watt Subwoofer
--Moonroof / 6-CD Package
MSRP: $17,845
Invoice: $16,736
----------------------
Internet Price: $15,488

Now it doesnt come with leather like i would like, but i AM liking the price tag.....

Drew

I bought mine 4/28/03 ... 2003 Sunlight Silver, 5-Speed, 100W Woofer (standard after 01/2003) -- it's one of those plastic woofers that fits INSIDE your spare tire.. sounds good and takes up no extra space -- side air bags, ABS, sunroof, 6 disc in-dash .. which is exactly like the model you posted a quote on, except I have the abs/side air bags package also... sticker price was 18,335 .. I got it for 17,438 - 1500 incentive, $15,938 overall price. I put $2000 down, after taxes, tags, etc, i pay $288 a month (except that I haven't made my first payment yet).

Oh, I didn't notice your location (you don't have one specified) but I'm in Baltimore, and I went to Schaefer & Strohminger, my sales rep was Murel Hurt (pronounced Murl, like Murl the Pearl)and I was very pleased with the whole experience.. www.sandsauto.com is the website.

Last edited:
Back