What did you pay for your CX-5?

Alright, new price...

Been going back and forth with dealer.
MSRP 27,410
Estimated price of car: $23325
With TTL, he's quoting me OTD $26,200 for a Machine Grey 2018 FWD Touring, with no additional packages.

Seems like a really really good price OTD if this is true based on what others have posted. I emailed another dealer and he was saying this is a very aggressive price, and doesn't believe it, and said his best was $28k OTD, which should "raise red flags" to me.

I'm just on the fence, because I originally was going to wait until 2019 models started to come out because I thought I might get better pricing on 2018s toward the end of the year, and have option of getting into a 2019 if I wanted.

Thoughts???

Last edited:
I loaded up an AWD Touring with all the electronic toys, including Soul Red, and was out the door for $27,2xx USD before taxes, title and license, on the last day of the quarter/half. I think that I did okay.

Last edited:
Dang, that seems really good. Tax around AZ is about 8.1-8.6% which is pretty bad. I have 2 dealerships going back and forth right now, so hopefully I'll hear back from them again today.

Dang, that seems really good. Tax around AZ is about 8.1-8.6% which is pretty bad. I have 2 dealerships going back and forth right now, so hopefully I'll hear back from them again today.
I went to two small family-owned stores, avoiding the mega/group stores ... on the very last day of the quarter/half. I was hoping that they were undercapitalized and needed every sale to make their numbers.

I knew they both had the vehicle I wanted. It was a cash deal, so no opportunity for the finance goon to queer the deal.

Just got back from purchasing from the dealer.

2018 FWD Touring in Machine Grey w/ no added packages except factory tint, floor mats, "smartshield" interior protection and door/hand guards.
Cash/Vehicle Price: $24,150 (included destination fee) (without the accessories, price of vehicle alone was 22,412)
OTD Price $26,189 (there was $1000 rebate, and they had to have messed with the numbers somehow, but not sure)

I financed a small amount, and they were trying to bust the deal if I didn't finance through Mazda. Spoke to the GM and got it resolved. I'm never a fan of dealerships and their tactics, but I think I got a pretty good deal overall, and love the car!

Last edited:
Just picked up my 2016 CX-5 for $3000 under blue book. Had to travel about 2 hours south on a Monday night (also desperately in need of a new car), but it was worth it. Car had somehow been on a Kia lot for almost 3 months. Only 41,000 miles.

Just picked up my 2016 CX-5 for $3000 under blue book. Had to travel about 2 hours south on a Monday night (also desperately in need of a new car), but it was worth it. Car had somehow been on a Kia lot for almost 3 months. Only 41,000 miles.

Transaction price helps my friend!
+ Packages on the Touring.

I loaded up an AWD Touring with all the electronic toys, including Soul Red, and was out the door for $27,2xx USD before taxes, title and license, on the last day of the quarter/half. I think that I did okay.

27200 for car with TTL is around 294xx or so. MSRP for a Loading Touring is 30ish. So yes its a good deal.
Mazda has increased Touring base price by about 1000 ~ 1200 dollars it seems. My Touring with Bose was 27400 I paid 23900 for it with 25800 OTD - got tints + trunk liner thrown in.

Transaction price helps my friend!
+ Packages on the Touring.

$16,000 flat. Could use a touch up pen on the hood for a few rock chips, one scratch on rear bumper from luggage, but other than that in great shape. 41,000 miles.

Here's what I know, admittedly not much as I have been driving a 1998 BMW for the last 5 years and am very new to Mazda:

Touring model
2.5 Skyactive
FWD

Edit:
Heated Seats
Bose
Navigation
**keep in mind it was a rental. Probably a good reason why I was able to talk them down..

Last edited:
$16,000 flat. Could use a touch up pen on the hood for a few rock chips, one scratch on rear bumper from luggage, but other than that in great shape. 41,000 miles.

Here's what I know, admittedly not much as I have been driving a 1998 BMW for the last 5 years and am very new to Mazda:

Touring model
2.5 Skyactive
FWD

Edit:
Heated Seats
Bose
Navigation
**keep in mind it was a rental. Probably a good reason why I was able to talk them down..

If you are going to tow family in this - first thing I would do is check the tires and get good brakes. I had a pre rental that had warped motors and was in a minor wreck - car was totaled - I would get a new set of brakes - rotors + pads on this car asap as rental car brakes are going to be worse off than regular lease cars.

Purchased a 2018 FWD GT Snowflake White Pearl with the Premium Package, mud flaps and trunk mat. After price matching then beating the price from a dealer 300 miles away they went down from $29,989 to $28,168. Loving the car so far.

Purchased a 2018 FWD GT Snowflake White Pearl with the Premium Package, mud flaps and trunk mat. After price matching then beating the price from a dealer 300 miles away they went down from $29,989 to $28,168. Loving the car so far.

Is this OTD??

Not including tax, 6.5% rate when I register it.��

Hi, brand new member here. We've just purchased end of july, a soul red GT with premium package....OTD 35,738, with 14 miles on board. Best price we could find for a red soul with low miles and especially not ruined clear coat. Amazing how many scratched cars and some even with dings in the dealer's lot.

Amazing how many scratched cars and some even with dings in the dealer's lot.

Oh yes! good point to make. Be certain to look over the "New" vehicle very carefully. A lot of things can happen between Hiroshima and your dealer.

Back