What did you pay for your CX-5?

Looking for a 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring. I've been offered a price of $26,420 for a used 2017 with all of 1300 miles on it.

Whaddya think?

2018 Mazda cx5 gt premium awd selling price in California lower than out the door prices in New England States. I used truecar mostly.....comparing with usnewsandworldreport, and KBB,and Edmonds last. Truecar shows any where from $2300 + off in California And New England States hover around $1400+ off do you think this is simply a winter location price difference? Looking forward to reading from folks,(detect) :)

Last edited:
2018 Mazda cx5 gt premium awd selling price in California lower than out the door prices in New England States. I used truecar mostly.....comparing with usnewsandworldreport, and KBB,and Edmonds last. Truecar shows any where from $2300 + off in California And New England States hover around $1400+ off do you think this is simply a winter location price difference? Looking forward to reading from folks,(detect) :)

id say its just that. demand for AWD is probably significantly less in locations like CA, esp compared to New England. Hell, most of the dealers around me (IL) only had about 2-3 FWD compared to 10's of AWDs

Thanks for the input! I think it's helpful to understand/know that as we look at some of the great pricing info. Found on this site. Your location will impact your purchase price.....and your ability to get more money off of the MSRP. Good luck negotiating to all new buyers!(drinks)

Bought 2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring with Prefered Package (Deep Crystal blue color) in Dallas for 24850+TTL; 26800 out of the door.
I think got a pretty decent deal as no other dealer was offering below this.
Love the car so far!!

Congratulations! Welcome! I really. Liked the deep crystal blue, that is the color I test drove..sharp color. I had a dark color car before so I went with white on white. (drinks)

My wife bit the bullet on a black 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring last night. The pricing was as follows:

MSRP: $31320
Dealer Price: $29810
Discount: $2060 (Dealer, no incentives or rebates)
Sale Price: $27750 + TTF

She was able to finance the final amount through Mazda for 0% with no money down.

We went ahead and added their over-priced gap insurance as well since there was nothing down and my wife has totaled a car before. All in all, I feel like she got a pretty good deal.

Good price. Re: totaling. If she totaled one her odds of totaling a second are pretty low. Lol.

Good price. Re: totaling. If she totaled one her odds of totaling a second are pretty low. Lol.

Thanks for confirming it was a decent deal. Makes me feel a little better about having one I had negotiated down to $26500 sold out from under us.

As far as totaling, I hope you are right. However, I've seen her drive and I feel like it's just as likely now as it's ever been haha. If you flip a coin once it doesn't really have any effect on the outcome of the next coin flip, at least that's how I was thinking when I told her to sign up for it.

Just picked up a 2017 FWD Grand Touring w Premium package, Machine Grey, $28950. I did not qualify for military or loyalty discuonts, just the $1750 offered by Mazda on all remaining 2017s.

Picked up a 2018 AWD GT w Premium Package in Deep Crystal Blue Mica for $30,200 on 0.9% (offered $29,200 for cash or other financing) in NorCal. Wasn't eligible for military or loyalty so I guess $28,200 is a bottom line.

Bought 2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring with Prefered Package (Deep Crystal blue color) in Dallas for 24850+TTL; 26800 out of the door.
I think got a pretty decent deal as no other dealer was offering below this.
Love the car so far!!

Can you confirm what the total MSRP was on your car? Was it a FWD?
I assume...$28,390 ($26,215 + $1,200 PP + $975 destination)

Did you have a trade in or purchase any dealer add-ons?

Important to share, as I always do

=====
For people who are leasing.

My overall 3 year cost is $13K for 2018 Cx-5 touring with enterntainment package.

That's $2.5K down and $300 a month exactly. Dealer started me with almost $15K over 3 year lease with 10K miles, tried to push $13.5K for almost an hour. I hate this experience... I came in with "$13K final price and I sign or I walk" at 8pm, and purchased car ONLY at 11PM. I do feel like I could have gotten away with $12.5K or so - so anyone who leases 2018 cx-5 all packages included touring, make sure you're paying under $300 a month with $2.5K down.

This is the current deal that I have for 2018 CX5 Touring trim, White exterior, with no package, FWD from a delaer in TX. I'm not sure whether if this is a good deal or not:

27,390 MSRP
500 Auto show rebate
1,704 dealer discount
1,914 TTL
25,186 sale price

27,160 drive out, w/ 0.9 financing

Let me know what you y'all think!

Good price. Not amazing but you should be happy with that deal, no doubt.

25k after ttl? Yeah that would be amazing... And yeah, probably wouldn't have gotten it.

Thanks, I was aiming for 25k drive out - but is I feel that's too low. What would be an amazing deal?

First of all, you'll love your CX-5. Houston based as well, my 2017 Touring FWD with preferred package in sonic silver color was $23.3K + TTL, mid December. Believe MSRP was $26.8K

Yes, the MSRP was $28,390 ($26,215 + $1,200 PP + $975 destination) and it's a FWD
I didn't trade in and didn't purchase any dealer add-ons

Back