What did you pay for your CX-5?

And since I live in Colorado, can anyone speak to the touchscreen and electronics not working well in the cold?

wing, is that Front wheel drive, and what color? Some of the colors come at a premium. Otherwise that's almost exactly what I got mine at last night. [$24,904 + $300 worth of accessories already on the sticker (I'm guessing the accessories is dealer pre-installed window tinting but am honestly not sure) for a '17 Silver, FWD, with PEP] I think that's about 9/10% off sticker which seems pretty decent to me depending on how much time you put in to negotiating. I will say though that my doc fee was only $80 and I don't see them offsetting that anywhere else.

Last edited:
About to buy a 2017 CX-5 Touring with the Preferred package and I want to hear it from others if it's a good deal...

Retail: $28,935
Sales Price: $26,930

Government Fees: $27.20
Doc Fees: $479

Total Sales Price: $27,436.20

Rebate: $1,000

Cash Price: $26,436.20

I live in Broomfield, CO and will likely buy from a dealer in Longmont, CO.

About a 7% discount. Ok, not great. But also not a GT, so not sure what Tourings are seeing (typically less discount than GT's).

To answer your other question, my touchscreen works fine. Had it since 2013. Not sure why cold would make it not work. (scratch)

About to buy a 2017 CX-5 Touring with the Preferred package and I want to hear it from others if it's a good deal...

This is AWD. Jet Black color.

Hello everyone! newbie here about to purchase a 2017 CX-5 Touring (FWD)
I was also seriously considered Honda CR-V.

$27,940 Sticker Price (Deep crystal blue, Touring FWD + Preferred Equipment Pack + Cargo Cover + Wheel Locks)
$24,402 Sale price

Add
$1,705.07 State Tax
$47 Tag, Title
$599 Doc Fee

$26,798.07 Total Price

As long as I didn't get ripped off, I'm 99% sure I'll buy it.
Your thoughts?

Is the sales tax included with the "cash price?"

Just bought a new CX-5 in machine grey, GT with premium package. Minimal negotiating done, think I could have gotten a better deal. This was my first car buying experience.
MSRP price was $33,765
Sale Price was $31,701 including wheel lock and all weather floor mats and 1 year maintenance. Came out to $32,000 after fees.

Finance lady tried to add another $400 that "didn't go through" on the computer from the agreed on deal. My wife did kind of force me to eventually agree on the Dupont protection for the interior stain protection warranty.

Last edited:
There's a $500 cash incentive right now running from Nov 29-Dec 10. on New 2016-2018 vehicles. The event is tied to the LA Auto Show.

https://www.mazdausa.com/shopping-t...p=91201&type=ongoingoffers&id=500_LOS_ANGELES

I have my contract here dated for Nov 30 and the incentive has not been factored in to my price, I'm picking up my CX-5 tomorrow. Any perspective on my being able to claim the incentive?

Hyundai had a 1000 dollar Uber incentive, you just had to sign up. Never accept any rider and just print the login page or login before the manager. Thats how incentives work - they dont matter in reality.
They only matter for folks who use it and do not haggle. He will honor it and any rebates on MSRP which will still be more expensive than what you are paying.

Like i said - you can wear a "I hate MAzda" t shirt and come out with more discounts than the repeat buyer who has bought 10 MAzdas from the same dealer and qualifies for military, student, loyalty etc etc. - In short doesnt matter.
Print it out -but most you might get is a small accessory or an oil change.

Yeah, the incentive was moot in the end. Silver '17 FWD with PEP for $28,000 to the penny. I walked in this morning, handed them a cashier's check and they walked me out to the car, explained a few functions and that was it. I drove off. No paperwork or attempts to sell me anything else. Could not have been quicker or easier. I think in total between getting the price and picking up the car I may have spent 30 minutes at the dealership.

That being said, I love the vehicle. Driving a brand new SUV through Santa Monica and Hollywood on a warm sunny day, 10 speaker radio blaring, sun roof open, especially as I'm new to the city was very very cool. I'm looking forward to some drives along the coast to San Diego and San Fran and into to the desert for a look around Vegas.

I've got weather mats ordered and an appointment on Tuesday morning to get the full front covered with XPEL. I'll be street parking in a neighborhood with a lot of trees (and birds) and will look in to ceramic coating also.

Love the car.

Last edited:
Worst buying experience ever, but all said and done, I drove off with a 2017 Black CX-5 GT with a remote starter, premium floor liners (front and back), extra set of rims with winter tires, and block heater for $36575(CDN) OTD, incl. taxes. That was back in October. Went to two other dealers prior to purchasing, and the lowest price I was offered was $38000 w/o tires and starter. Gotta say, I hate the Mazda (17")winter rims, though... looking forward to spring.

I just brought a Soul Red GT without premium, with wheel locks, cargo mat, bumper guard and roof rails. MSRP of $31,580 paid $27,500 out the door, I feel like I stole it at that price. Before tax, tag, and title it was only $26,400. Was at the dealer for less than an hour. Great experience, they even delivered the car to my house as they traded what I wanted from another dealer. If anyone is in the Raleigh, NC area give Frema Mazda of Goldsboro a chance, tell them Carl Collie referred you. Kayla was awesome to work with.

Last edited:
Good catch. Only explanation is South Carolina with its $300 flat sales tax.

Last edited:
About to head in to negotiate for 2017 GT with or without Premium Package depending on deals offered. I have questions:

a)Current incentives posted on Kelley Blue Book show only .09 percent financing...while one dealer near me advertising zero percent. Is Kelley usually up-to-date or is there a better place to look for incentives/rebates? Also Kelley showing Mazda offering $500 loyalty cash

b)Because it's December and the 2018 CX-5s are about to come out, what sort of leverage can I expect. I know this is Mazda's most popular model, but a search of inventory within 50 miles of me shows more than 100 new 2017 CX-5 GTs in two colors I would consider.

c) I saw the price paid by Colliece in most recent posts and it's a stunner. Is it unreasonable to expect similar in Ohio (another state/region?)

d) Finally, I'd like the Premium Package + remote start + backup alarms. Should I start negotiations with basic CX-5 GT w/AWD....and then after I get price start negotiating others...or should I negotiate the whole thing up front? I could live without these package or options, but if I could get a good value, I'd pay extra.

Thank you in advance for help/guidance.

You don't need the backup alarm with the camera. Personally wouldn't waste time on that.
I wouldn't expect KBB to be totally up on every offer. .9 isn't too shabby though.
Where in Ohio?

Back