What did you pay for your CX-5?

Hi to all,
First time registered but checking for a couple of weeks.
I am in the process of getting a CX 5 for my daughter.
I was reading that many members of the forum were able to get prices between 5 and 7 or 8 % lower than MSRP, which it is lower than "invoice".
I went to a couple of dealers and the first one was way off the MSRP, like a 1.4 k more than that and the other one gave the "invoice" saying that was the best (lol). The $500 as loyalty were given after the invoice, when we all know that those $500 will be refunded to the dealer, not that the dealer will loose that. At the very end he said that maybe talking with the manager may get me another $ 200 off.
Is at this time the CX 5 the hot cake that everyone wants or are all playing prima donnas?
Another dealer that contacted by email sent me to their web page with MSRP in which it shows that have 50 cars 16 and 16.5 and also 20 17's. It really made laugh hard because I am trying to buy and seems like they do not want to sell.
I am located in Long island and I was trying to price for a 17' touring and sport.
Any price idea that anybody can help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good deal is subjective. You got some mopes that pay MSRP and consider wheellocks, a carwash, and a air freshener a good deal.

Members have been great posting the deets of their transactions. Decide what discount you want and go for it. If you want 4%, 7%, 10% off MSRP, calculate that based on your trim, color, and packages. If you belong to any credit union or membership clubs like Costco or Bjs, they all have auto buying clubs that get you at minimum the invoice price on the car that you want and no fees other than tax and tag.

I just purchased an AWD GS (no options) in Calgary. Got roughly $1200 off MSRP not including $500 loyalty or the free nav ($425). All in OTD was about $33,600 incl. 5% GST.

Congrats to the lil Sis!!! Take some pics! But put some respeck on Snowflake's name lol!

Snowflake!!!!

2virxts.jpg

What a BEAUTY!!!!! How's the Sis loving it so far? Snowflake is looking pretty mean next to your 16 :)

She loves it. Especially when we got the parchment leather to go along with the white exterior. Only problem right now is that there's a strong burning smell coming from the engine bay. According to the guys at Mazda, the smell is coming from a coating thats burns off when a new engine breaks in. Do you guys know if this common or not? I dont recall my CX-5 having that smell when I first got it at 5 miles on the odometer.

She loves it. Especially when we got the parchment leather to go along with the white exterior. Only problem right now is that there's a strong burning smell coming from the engine bay. According to the guys at Mazda, the smell is coming from a coating thats burns off when a new engine breaks in. Do you guys know if this common or not? I dont recall my CX-5 having that smell when I first got it at 5 miles on the odometer.

All new cars have this smell to some degree or another. It would only be "not normal" if it never goes away.

I had the smell in my 16 for the first 100 miles or so.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yes, we are now at 500 miles in ours and the smell is still there. Very common on new cars.

One unrelated question... I hear a fan continuing to run after the car is turned off. If it was a turbo I would expect it. Is this normal?

Yes, we are now at 500 miles in ours and the smell is still there. Very common on new cars.

One unrelated question... I hear a fan continuing to run after the car is turned off. If it was a turbo I would expect it. Is this normal?
I was about to say "all my cars have done that. It's normal".
They were all Turbos. Haven't heard my 16 do that yet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Perfectly normal. It helps remove engine heat after shutdown and I think would happen more in the summer. Although I can't remember my fan running after shutdown on either of my CX5's and I live in Texas as well. Has happened frequently on VW and Audi that I have owned.

Edit, just realized they were turbos as well so maybe 7 is onto something, but I can't imagine that was the only reason. But maybe turbos are set to cool longer at a lower temp than non-turbos.

Last edited:

smell lasted about 500 miles for me on my '16.5 - and the fan thing is totally normal, i admittedly freaked the first time i noticed it but as i've since learned it's supposed to do that

I have been following this forum for about two months and finally pulled the trigger. Going to be picking up my new 2017 CX-5 AWD GT with Premium Package in white.

MSPR $33,720
Paid $31,750

I think I got a pretty good deal, mainly just emailed a bunch of dealers and played a couple off each other.

I have been following this forum for about two months and finally pulled the trigger. Going to be picking up my new 2017 CX-5 AWD GT with Premium Package in white.

MSPR $33,720
Paid $31,750

I think I got a pretty good deal, mainly just emailed a bunch of dealers and played a couple off each other.

Good job, Lealu. Enjoy your new ride...

MSPR $33,720
Paid $31,750

Heyyyy congrats!!!! And good on you for looking out for yourself and getting a deal.

Thanks everyone.

Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow, my brother had a 2003 RX8 and I always wanted a Mazda since. It was nice doing everything online and made it a lot less stressful

Leeloo Dallas

Hi Mazda Enthusiasts!
I have been lurking around this forum for 2-3 months now and find the discussions really informative, so kudos to all of you!
I currently drive a Honda Civic and now looking to buy a 2017 CX-5 now. Let me tell you all that I am a driving enthusiast and one of my main past times is to read, watch car reviews/ videos etc! Looking for suggestions from this expert forum. Here's what I am planning to buy:
Model: 2017 Mazda CX-5 (Noise insulation poor on 2016.5, so its a no-go for me)
Variant: Definitely Grand Touring (I like me car squeaky clean and what better ambience than a freshly conditioned leather interior)
Drivetrain: FWD
Color: I like the Soul Red but still contemplating between Soul Red v/s Metallic Grey. Is the $600 charge on Soul Red worth it?
Package: What are you guys' thoughts on premium package? I agree heads up display and power passenger seats are good options, but is the premium package worth it? I mean do you think the GT variant is 'incomplete' without the premium package?
Finally the million 'dollar' question: Any suggestions on what price range should I target for the before-TTL cost? Also, I am in SoCal so any references for any dealers/ sales rep offering good prices are highly appreciated!

Looking forward to great advice from this great forum! Thanks

Hello!

I have a local dealer that is willing to do 27,500 OTD on a 2017 CX-5 Touring.
While I didn't get the exact numbers, the 8.75% sales tax and dmv fees leave me thinking the actual sales price of the car is about 25k.

What do y'all think is that a decent price for the touring model? Does anyone have any info on any 4th of july sales cash from mazda?

Let me know!

Back