What did you pay for your CX-5?

700+ is considered good. You're fine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just checked the site. Apparently dropped for 2017. Really Mazda? Lame....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Totally. I don't see how they would suffice just for the grip alone. But an extra something is better than nothing I guess. Although it may be one of the cheapest access., it's prob one of my favs.

Thanks. You too. That HUD is awesome but being in Florida I can't justify 1800 for heated seats, heated steering wheel or windshield wiper "de-icer". Knowing my kids, they'd have their heated seats on while I'm trying to cool it down with the AC.

Ha! That's funny! I live in Iowa so all of those features sound great to me! And my kids are super excited to have heated rear seats in the winter... in fact they turned them on last night to try it out (despite it being about 85 degrees outside)

Only that I have a good history and a decent credit line with chase so if a FM tried to claim I was only approved for a higher rate I can counter.

Sorry that'll make you appear a bit douchey and wouldn't be a valid arguing point. You could have gotten the card years ago, you could only be an authorized user, or the card itself could be almost maxed out. Walking with copies of your recent credit reports with your fico and fico auto scores would serve you better than what's in your wallet?

Again, I'm sure you won't have any issues at all. Before even getting started give the FM a ring and inquire if in his experience what score is needed for the promo Apr.

Sorry that'll make you appear a bit douchey and wouldn't be a valid arguing point. You could have gotten the card years ago, you could only be an authorized user, or the card itself could be almost maxed out. Walking with copies of your recent credit reports with your fico and fico auto scores would serve you better than what's in your wallet?

Again, I'm sure you won't have any issues at all. Before even getting started give the FM a ring and inquire if in his experience what score is needed for the promo Apr.

Good advice. Thanks. It looks like they got rid of the guy that offered me what I asked and the dealer tacked on another $400 for "new plates". I old them I am firm on the price we agreed to originally so we will find out more tomorrow.

Good advice. Thanks. It looks like they got rid of the guy that offered me what I asked and the dealer tacked on another $400 for "new plates". I old them I am firm on the price we agreed to originally so we will find out more tomorrow.

Good for you, man! $400 for new plates. Lol That cost like $35 here. Totally trying to tack on a fee that unfortunately some get taking for a ride on because they don't know any better and put too much trust in the stealership. Way to stick to your guns, and I wouldn't worry about it as they hesitate too long on the price and you'll end up getting an even better deal...

Whoa, that is not cool! They should still be able to honor the pricing they gave you!!! Personally, I wouldn't want to do business with them again but if they were giving you the best price then go for it.

Whoa, that is not cool! They should still be able to honor the pricing they gave you!!! Personally, I wouldn't want to do business with them again but if they were giving you the best price then go for it.

Yea, I agree. What does someone not working there anymore have anything to do with it? I'm sure the manager knew of the deal anyways. Oh that's right, they thought you would say okay, let's do the deal anyways. NOT!

To be frank, the original sales associate was unprofessional as his emails didn't contain any greetings, he didn't introduce himself or give me his name, and he had no signature block. That said, the number we agreed on was very fair for both me and the dealership so if they want the sale, they have to come back down.

To be frank, the original sales associate was unprofessional as his emails didn't contain any greetings, he didn't introduce himself or give me his name, and he had no signature block. That said, the number we agreed on was very fair for both me and the dealership so if they want the sale, they have to come back down.

So the price given by the former employee is documented through email? If so, it would really be in their best interest to cut the games.

Documented indeed and I intend on holding them to it.

How are you folks liking your 2017s?

Yeah I wouldn't back down either. Hang tough.

I'm in the same boat as you, waiting for this process to be over soon. Dealerships are closed where I live on Sunday's so hopefully I can finalize paperwork early this week.

Hi to all,
First time registered but checking for a couple of weeks.
I am in the process of getting a CX 5 for my daughter.
I was reading that many members of the forum were able to get prices between 5 and 7 or 8 % lower than MSRP, which it is lower than "invoice".
I went to a couple of dealers and the first one was way off the MSRP, like a 1.4 k more than that and the other one gave the "invoice" saying that was the best (lol). The $500 as loyalty were given after the invoice, when we all know that those $500 will be refunded to the dealer, not that the dealer will loose that. At the very end he said that maybe talking with the manager may get me another $ 200 off.
Is at this time the CX 5 the hot cake that everyone wants or are all playing prima donnas?
Another dealer that contacted by email sent me to their web page with MSRP in which it shows that have 50 cars 16 and 16.5 and also 20 17's. It really made laugh hard because I am trying to buy and seems like they do not want to sell.
I am located in Long island and I was trying to price for a 17' touring and sport.
Any price idea that anybody can help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just went with my little sister to get a 2017 Pearl White CX-5 Grand Touring AWD without the premium package.
MSRP:31,835
Price:29,288
minus another 500 for the Mazda loyalty.

Price paid:28,788 + Tax and doc fees at 1.9 APR financing.

Thanks for the help guys!

Just went with my little sister to get a 2017 Pearl White CX-5 Grand Touring AWD without the premium package.

Congrats to the lil Sis!!! Take some pics! But put some respeck on Snowflake's name lol!

Sounds like you did sis a solid there..sweet ride, super sweet deal!

Last edited:
Back