What did you pay for your CX-5?

This is a very good price IMHO. Beat my price by more than $1k.
I think the MSRP is $32k+, so you are getting 13-14% off.

Hi everyone!

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a deal here in Dallas for a 2016.5 Soul Red CX-5 GT w/ Tech package. My dealer gave me a final email price of $28,200 + TTL with cargo cover and weather floor mats included.

Does anyone here agree that this is a good price worth taking up on or worth haggling a little more on? MSRP for this (minus accessories was pushing at about $30,925)

Thanks for your input kingchris! Glad to know i'm getting a good deal on this. I'm really looking forward to this purchase this weekend. How are you enjoying yours so far? Any major negative feedback we should know about?

It wouldn't be over $32k unless it is an AWD also, which then would make it an awesome deal (still waiting on a few post above to verify $28,400 price with AWD), however, it is still over 9% off and a good deal. He could
Push for 10% I guess, but this would be a good deal if he ends up settling. Let us know how it goes...

It wouldn't be over $32k unless it is an AWD also, which then would make it an awesome deal (still waiting on a few post above to verify $28,400 price with AWD), however, it is still over 9% off and a good deal. He could
Push for 10% I guess, but this would be a good deal if he ends up settling. Let us know how it goes...

This is very helpful thank NelsonLewis! I'm proud of myself for getting such a great deal through email. When i get to the dealership, i'll push for that extra 1% while I'm there.

This is very helpful thank NelsonLewis! I'm proud of myself for getting such a great deal through email. When i get to the dealership, i'll push for that extra 1% while I'm there.

Yea, I would. Do you know what their doc fee is? If it's outrageous like the $649 I got quotes today, you'll need that extra 1-2% to cover it. Good luck...

Thanks for your input kingchris! Glad to know i'm getting a good deal on this. I'm really looking forward to this purchase this weekend. How are you enjoying yours so far? Any major negative feedback we should know about?

Rick. Is the price for AWD or FWD? Mine was AWD. I got it for $29,459 before incentives ($750 off after fees). But mine was white so it's $100 cheaper than soul red.

I bought my car as a commuter car. It's great for that purpose. Driving in the NJ/NY area (70% highway) I get 25-28mpg. It handles great and has ample power for my need. The only 2 negatives for me are the wind noise and the car sickness my son get from it (because it's too sporty for him). :)

Hi All,

Looking at getting a CX5 2016.5 Touring (no packages no add ons) - a 10% discount + all fees comes to about 25.4k Out of the door.

does anyone in the DFW area have any recommendations? This is the upper limit of my budget range so i wanted to see if Labor day can get me one out of the door for 24.5K or so.
I know one user had his white similarly speced out for 23.5k which is very good if true.

I don't mind driving to any dealers within DFW area - due to work and other commitments OK and Austin / Houston are too difficult.

Thanks
Kaps

Keep shopping or haggling. Got offered $29900 with the $500 rebate to boot for $29400 not too far from you with a simple email. Got to $29500 within another email or two. If they can break $29000, they will sell me a car... :) good luck, and let us know how it goes...

is this OTD price quote or TTL is extra.

I got a quote for 29,699 OTD White 2016.5 with tech package. Is this good price here in NC.

is this OTD price quote or TTL is extra.

I got a quote for 29,699 OTD White 2016.5 with tech package. Is this good price here in NC.

Hard to compute OTD prices for everyone with all the different taxes and fees.
So what's the selling price only on that 29,699? Dealer's doc fee?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I am in process of working a deal for a Mazda 2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with Tech Package and roof rack addons. The MSRP for this vehicle is $32,255 however they proposed $30,396 (includes freight) plus tax, tags and pf with Mazda Standard Financing which would take it to probably 31.5k atleast. They also through in a 3yr/35k miles Maintenance Plan.

With their current offer it is about 6% off of MSRP, this includes the current $500 loyalty rebate. I haven't haggled with them at this point and still shopping around the northern Virginia area.

I will be putting 10k down with 0% APR financed for 36 months.

What do you all think? Good deal?

Thanks!

Been working with Priority in NOVA now and was able to get it to:

MSRP $ 31,925
Sale price $ 28,732 + tax, tags & processing. (10% off MSRP)

I think I will a new owner of CX-5 soon.

Thanks!

Been working with Priority in NOVA now and was able to get it to:

MSRP $ 31,925
Sale price $ 28,732 + tax, tags & processing. (10% off MSRP)

I think I will a new owner of CX-5 soon.

Thanks!

Great price! This is the selling price with no rebates or incentives right? It sucks priority charges $599 for processing. I can't pay that. I'll take their offer and go down the street to the $99-299 processing. Then again, You may be able to take advantage of Priority's free oil changes for life and engine warranty, whereas I cannot. Good luck and please let us know what you do end up getting...

Great price! This is the selling price with no rebates or incentives right? It sucks priority charges $599 for processing. I can't pay that. I'll take their offer and go down the street to the $99-299 processing. Then again, You may be able to take advantage of Priority's free oil changes for life and engine warranty, whereas I cannot. Good luck and please let us know what you do end up getting...

This is including all rebates and incentives.

Rick. Is the price for AWD or FWD? Mine was AWD. I got it for $29,459 before incentives ($750 off after fees). But mine was white so it's $100 cheaper than soul red.

I bought my car as a commuter car. It's great for that purpose. Driving in the NJ/NY area (70% highway) I get 25-28mpg. It handles great and has ample power for my need. The only 2 negatives for me are the wind noise and the car sickness my son get from it (because it's too sporty for him). :)

Hi all (UPDATE)!!!

So I purchased the 2016.5 Soul Red CX-5 GT (FWD) w/ Tech package yesterday, hooray! So as a recap from Thursday, my dealer settled on a final price of $28,200 + TTL with the inclusion of the cargo cover and all weather mats for free. Not bad for negotiating down from $30,925.

The final price with $3k trade-in down payment was $27,375!!! Holy cow! I was very shocked that they would agree on it but Terry M. at Town North Mazda in Dallas. I highly recommend him.

Thanks to you guys for the support and letting me know i was getting a good deal.

Hi all (UPDATE)!!!

So I purchased the 2016.5 Soul Red CX-5 GT (FWD) w/ Tech package yesterday, hooray! So as a recap from Thursday, my dealer settled on a final price of $28,200 + TTL with the inclusion of the cargo cover and all weather mats for free. Not bad for negotiating down from $30,925.

The final price with $3k trade-in down payment was $27,375!!! Holy cow! I was very shocked that they would agree on it but Terry M. at Town North Mazda in Dallas. I highly recommend him.

Thanks to you guys for the support and letting me know i was getting a good deal.

Hi Rick,
I am looking for a deal in DFW as well. Town North is in touch with me via emails. Share some tips - my first attempt at Tucson buying was so bad i gave up on Hyundai (that plus the DCT issues).
But the Mazda will be a little over budget and I am looking at Touring Trim (Base) so hoping of pulling the price south.
thank you.

Just an FYI for anyone looking for a 2015 model, about a month ago I purchased a certified pre-owned, black 2015 CX-5 Touring w/ moonroof and bose sound system upgrades with about 36,000 miles on it for $18,750 + taxes and licensing, so about $20,250 out the door. The Mazda dealer was playing hard to get as they seem to have trouble sourcing these from private owners as opposed to rental companies (which I wasn't interested in), but I held out and another buyer fell through so they came down to my price.

So far so good, I'm taking it on a 3,600 mile roadtrip in October from Austin to Sacramento and back, so we'll see how it holds up then!

31315-3200=28115 is the selling price, what do you think. TTL comes 29,699
You're not that far from me I don't believe. Who do I need to contact in NC?
What was their doc fee?
I'd come out even cheaper as my max sales tax here is only $300.
MSRP a little higher for the one I'm wanting though, $31925, GT Awd with tech only

Last edited:
You're not that far from me I don't believe. Who do I need to contact in NC?
What was their doc fee?
I'd come out even cheaper as my max sales tax here is only $300.
MSRP a little higher for the one I'm wanting though, $31925, GT Awd with tech only

This if from dealer in VA beach hall Mazda. Processing fee is $649 kinda high, but no dealer is giving the same price in my area.

This if from dealer in VA beach hall Mazda. Processing fee is $649 kinda high, but no dealer is giving the same price in my area.
I gotta quote from them and it was high, and on a leftover 2016. Then I said I couldn't pay the $649 doc fee. He said "but you're getting. My best deal ($29774) and a car off the showroom (the car has 292 miles on it)". When I told him it's funny a showroom car has 292 miles on it (last showroom car I bought had 3), his price was higher than I'd been quoted elsewhere for a 16.5, and his doc fee was over double another dealership, he still said that's the best he could do. I asked again to bring another offer to the table, and he refused. On to another dealer I guess...

Glad you're getting a good price from them, but they're treating me like a fool, even bringing up TrueCar prices, the biggest joke around. Lol

Last edited:
Hall also had 3 sales associates contact me at almost the exact same time with 2 of them taking live videos of the car and emailing and texting them to me...

Back