What did you pay for your CX-5?

Good luck! A dealership should come
On here and lay it out like boom for 9-10% off, and they'd sale at least 5-10 right now...I already know where to get 8%. haha

Ha! I was at a dealership at the end of the last month, looking to buy TWO AWD GT CX-5s with both options each, and they wouldn't budge past 6%. They even called me after I walked, asked what would it take to get me to reconsider, and I told them, "Considering we are buying *two* vehicles, it's the end of the month, and you don't sell many AWD versions since we're in the South, I honestly thought you could work a bit better price for us." "Well, the price is the price, that's as low as we can come down on that" is the response I got.

There are like 5 other Mazda dealers in this area, so I'll just keep trying.

How was your experience with John Kennedy overall?did you have to do a lot of haggling before they offered this price?

I personally didn't have that great of an experience at John Kennedy in Conshohocken. Price offered wasn't the lowest compared to other dealers and they certainly tried to hose me on my trade-in by offering me the lowest amount of any other dealer (and not budging).

Hello,
Want to buy a 2016.5 GT with tech package white.
Got a quote from dealer in VA Beach for
29699 OTD.

MSRP 31315
Discount: 3100
Tax etc xx
Total: 29,699 OTD.

getting almost 10% of MSRP is this a good deal. Will asl local dealer in NC to match it but inventory seems to be low around here.
Any thoughts will be helpful or any Mazda owners who bought a Mazda in NC and which dealer will be help ful.

I personally didn't have that great of an experience at John Kennedy in Conshohocken. Price offered wasn't the lowest compared to other dealers and they certainly tried to hose me on my trade-in by offering me the lowest amount of any other dealer (and not budging).

Where did you end up purchasing? My second offer from anther dealer is selling price of 28,964 + tags/tax for 2016.5 AWF grand touring MSRP 30770. Plus an additional $500 cash back for financing. Any thoughts?

Hello,
Want to buy a 2016.5 GT with tech package white.
Got a quote from dealer in VA Beach for
29699 OTD.

MSRP 31315
Discount: 3100
Tax etc xx
Total: 29,699 OTD.

getting almost 10% of MSRP is this a good deal. Will asl local dealer in NC to match it but inventory seems to be low around here.
Any thoughts will be helpful or any Mazda owners who bought a Mazda in NC and which dealer will be help ful.

I'm willing to go to Va Beach for that deal. What's their doc fee and such and any incentives in that "discount". Where's the destination charge also as that car's MSRP should be $32215. But, if it's for real, they may sell another one, next weekend...

Looked online, if it's "Hall", they actually
Have exactly what I'm looking for, and even in a 2016, but not priced accordingly. It does
Say their internet price does include freight.

Last edited:
How are you getting a 500 cash Back its not a promotion currently on CX-5, can you help me what to ask for or a point me to an ad.

Where did you end up purchasing? My second offer from anther dealer is selling price of 28,964 + tags/tax for 2016.5 AWF grand touring MSRP 30770. Plus an additional $500 cash back for financing. Any thoughts?

Seems decent to me. I ended up going to Piazza Mazda in West Chester. Your deal is decent; close to 7% off with the cash back. As you can tell, some buyers are getting close to 10% off MSRP, but here in the northeast, these AWD crossovers sell like hotcakes. I would contact all the other dealers
via email about similar models and ask about their best lowest price.

John Pinkerton at Piazza was great to work with.

How are you getting a 500 cash Back its not a promotion currently on CX-5, can you help me what to ask for or a point me to an ad.

Are you saying financing through Mazda to get $500 rebate doesn't apply at the moment? That's a bummer if so, hopefully it shows it face before Labor Day for the month of September. That and the 0.9% financing is nice, although 0% is nicer. Haha.

The one thing I've noticed is that you will pay more for Mazda and they don't offer as many purchasing incentives. Right now you can get a 2016 Escape for 0% for 72 months, an extra $1000 off, and if anyone in your household has a Ford, an additional $1000 off. That's even before price negotiations off of MSRP. Honda also has 0% for 60 on the CRV, etc. Mazda's cash rebate incentives are all $500, and I don't think I've ever seen them offer 0% financing on anything.

Whether that's because it's a foreign vs domestic thing, or large automaker vs small automaker, I don't know, but it seems if you are not totally dead set on the Mazda, almost everyone else has much better deals going on right now

Hi all,

I am in process of working a deal for a Mazda 2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with Tech Package and roof rack addons. The MSRP for this vehicle is $32,255 however they proposed $30,396 (includes freight) plus tax, tags and pf with Mazda Standard Financing which would take it to probably 31.5k atleast. They also through in a 3yr/35k miles Maintenance Plan.

With their current offer it is about 6% off of MSRP, this includes the current $500 loyalty rebate. I haven't haggled with them at this point and still shopping around the northern Virginia area.

I will be putting 10k down with 0% APR financed for 36 months.

What do you all think? Good deal?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am in process of working a deal for a Mazda 2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with Tech Package and roof rack addons. The MSRP for this vehicle is $32,255 however they proposed $30,396 (includes freight) plus tax, tags and pf with Mazda Standard Financing which would take it to probably 31.5k atleast. They also through in a 3yr/35k miles Maintenance Plan.

With their current offer it is about 6% off of MSRP, this includes the current $500 loyalty rebate. I haven't haggled with them at this point and still shopping around the northern Virginia area.

Thanks!
I purchased in NoVA in June and got a 2016.5 GT AWD w Tech (no roof rack) at 27500, no freight. You can do better. Purchased at Priority.

Hi all,

Thanks!
Keep shopping or haggling. Got offered $29900 with the $500 rebate to boot for $29400 not too far from you with a simple email. Got to $29500 within another email or two. If they can break $29000, they will sell me a car... :) good luck, and let us know how it goes...

I purchased in NoVA in June and got a 2016.5 GT AWD w Tech (no roof rack) at 27500, no freight. You can do better. Purchased at Priority.
So $28400 with freight. That's the selling price, no rebates or incentives included? Priority is where I was leaning but they didn't quite offer me that. That's over 11% off MSRP. I'll take this deal, this weekend, please...

I reached out to Priority the other day too. I will followup with them tomorrow, Tyson's corner is closer than Browns's in Alexandria for me. Thanks!

I reached out to Priority the other day too. I will followup with them tomorrow, Tyson's corner is closer than Browns's in Alexandria for me. Thanks!
Please let us know. As stated, I thought priority was okay too, and a deal may be able to be reached with them, but it was nowhere near what this poster just posted. If they can give me a selling price of $28400 +taxes+fees, I'll pick it up this weekend. Now in contact with the Va Beach dealer that was said to be giving the same deals here a few post ago, but so far, they've been way higher than the usual quote I get with the first email...

Priority Mazda

Please let us know. As stated, I thought priority was okay too, and a deal may be able to be reached with them, but it was nowhere near what this poster just posted. If they can give me a selling price of $28400 +taxes+fees, I'll pick it up this weekend. Now in contact with the Va Beach dealer that was said to be giving the same deals here a few post ago, but so far, they've been way higher than the usual quote I get with the first email...

Called priority and they would not be able to give price over phone or email. they are saying i need to come over, can you share person email who you are working with on price.

Called priority and they would not be able to give price over phone or email. they are saying i need to come over, can you share person email who you are working with on price.

They pulled the same "my best price comes in person" with me too when I said there quoted price wouldn't work and I needed to know before I came almost 500 miles.

Salesperson was Haider Shah.

Can you please share the Va Beach dealer and sales associate for the price you listed?
I tried one in Va Beach, and they were the highest quote I've gotten yet along with the highest doc fee of $649 as well. No way am I paying that...

Hi everyone!

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a deal here in Dallas for a 2016.5 Soul Red CX-5 GT w/ Tech package. My dealer gave me a final email price of $28,200 + TTL with cargo cover and weather floor mats included.

Does anyone here agree that this is a good price worth taking up on or worth haggling a little more on? MSRP for this (minus accessories was pushing at about $30,925)

Back