What did you pay for your CX-5?

hi all,
lurker here who has to say thanks to all who have helped out in explaining and showing the pricing info they've gotten. it has helped immensely and is far better than reddit's /mazda group and definitely better than /askcarsales (at least for pricing info). that being said i wanna also give my nugget of info and experience in this. this was in southern california/los angeles area.

2016.5 CX-5 FWD White Touring w/o any option packages

- Emailed about 8 dealerships within 100 miles of downtown using their website "Contact us" sections using newly created gmail (it filled up quick so highly recommended)
- 5 responses. Weirdly the highest Yelp rated Mazda dealership didn't respond at all.
- Dealership A by far had the best price right off the bat and gave the best breakdown of fees/taxes. The others gave prices way higher or just kept calling and telling me they couldn't do anything online but could "easily" beat that price.
- Dealership A person also emailed me to tell me that the white model I wanted was sold the day before I was scheduled to come in so I asked if they could do a dealer swap with the nearby ones and they got the car in the same day. Inventory of the other dealerships for a base Touring model was waaaay higher than Dealership A cause I assume they've sold a bunch of theirs.
- PM me for dealership info if you wanna save time doing online. Didn't wanna put any on blast here on the forum.

Now the info you really want from just email correspondence (I didn't have Mazda loyalty or military promos at all):
1) MSRP: $26,315 ($200 extra for the white paint)
2) Initial quoted price: $24,378
3) Initial Discount: $1,937 (7.4% off MSRP)
4) Doc fee: $80
5) License/Title: $258
6) Tire/Battery/VTR Fee: $8.75
7) Other fee: $29
8) Tax: $1956 (based on 8% x (price + $80 doc fee))
9) Total: $26,710

That was just the price through email. We went in a week later and got them to take $100 more off ($24,280 price) so the discount was 7.7%. We kinda just wanted the car at that point since the wife's lease had ended a few weeks ago and I was kind of over being her personal Uber driver since she didn't wanna drive my 4Runner. I had asked for $26,000 OTD (~10% off MSRP) through email and they literally didn't even counter and said they couldn't do it so we took the 7.7% off.

Final Price: $24,280
OTD (8% tax and fees above): $26,605

They had a 0.0% APR for 60 months dealership special along with 4 free oil changes till end of June. Qualification for that was a credit score above 730 they said which we got. I asked about Mazda's promotion and they said Mazda are less stringent so you only need a score above 670 (I think....sorry, can remember exactly). We got GAP from them since we put $0 down which I'm gonna cancel in a few days (full refund within 60 days) when I find a better/cheaper coverage. I just didn't want the worst to happen on the drive home that night.

Hope this helps people and hoping you can all save some money/do better than I did (magical 10% off MSRP). Wife loves the car and I'm super jealous of all the standard features that came with it. Makes my 4Runner look like a Model T. The CX will eventually be my car when our Tesla Model 3 gets delivered (if ever) so looking forward to that day.

Again thanks to all on this forum who provided such amazing info! You saved us a nice amount of money and confusion in this process!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say that I officially joined the CX-5 club by purchasing a Black AWD Touring model w/o the tech package. Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow, due to having to get it from another dealership.

Idk why, I just hope that I do get a AWD model and not a FWD. I was originally going to go with the gray, because I only saw FWD models in black...I hope the dealership doesn't make a mistake and present me with a FWD model.

I think I'm just paranoid because this is me and wife's first new car purchase.

Last week, I purchased a 2016.5 CX-5 Sport with the following options from Wayne Mazda in New Jersey:

1) Soul Red (~$300 extra MSRP)
2) Wheel Locks
3) Navigation

MSRP: $26,150
Price Prior to Fees and Taxes: $24,124
Sales Tax: $1,689
Motor Vehicle Tire Fee: $7.50
Online Processing Fee: $5.20
Registration/Title Fees: $401
Document Fees: $499
Out the Door Price: $26,725

Did not qualify for any rebates, but got 0.9% financing for 5 years.

I had test drove the vehicle a month before at Wayne Mazda and negotiated some decent prices with other dealers by phone and email. Initially, I offered Wayne Mazda $26,000 OTD and they countered with a ridiculous number in the $29 thousands. Ultimately, I gave them a print-out of the price paulnotpaul got from Ramsey Mazda recently and told them I will just go to Ramsey Mazda or Maxon Mazda and get that price. They tried to claim his price excluded an extended warranty and that was why it was so low. I told them I don't want the extended warranty and started to get up and they came back and accepted my price adjusted for the slightly different options I had compared to paulnotpaul's price. I really didn't want to spend anymore time negotiating and just went with this price even though I'm sure I could have got it for slightly less money.

Wayne Mazda also tried to give me a car with damage. I told them I want a car with less than 12 miles and they brought one out with 13 miles and claimed it was the lowest mileage Soul Red Sport they had. The car, like all their cars are filthy (they keep them on a dirt lot), and it was hard to even see scratches, but my wife noticed a really deep one. Suddenly, they found another Soul Red with just 3 miles on it, which is the one we bought. When I bought it, they did a full detail and the one I bought had no scratches.

Overall, the sales guy and finance guy were decent, but their business manager who had to approve the price was sleazy.

New addition to the Mazda family here, looking for some assistance on my purchase.

Right now, the best offer I have in South FL is:

2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD

MSRP: $29,470
Quoted Price: $26,999
OTD Price: $29,714
3 year maintenance included.

Is this a good price or do you pros think I can do better? (If so, how? :))

Just picked up a 2016.5 CX-5 Sport FWD Auto the other week. Came with wheel locks, tint and floormats (not sure what's standard).

MSRP: $24495
OTD Price: $24495

Working backwards, I think it came to $22600 base price plus TTL and fees bring it up to the OTD price. The car is fantastic, love the styling and the technology on the car, even though it's a sport. The newest vehicle I owned was a 2003 toyota, so the features found on new cars today are a huge step up. This was my first new car purchase, and I did a decent amount of research on the buying process. Did the email quote thing which worked moderately well, some salesmen were straightforward and to the point, others were vague or just didn't seem worthwhile to deal with in person. The dealership I bought the car from came out with the price right off the bat and was the best price offered. All the reading I did perhaps made me overly skeptical and cautious of dealerships and salesmen. Ended up paying cash as the inquiry into credit was taking too long and probably would have saved a lot of time offering cash right off the bat, but it does feel good to own the vehicle outright and not have to make payments.

My fiance just got a CX-5
2016.5 Mazda CX5
Grand Touring
AWD
Crystal White Pearl
Grand Touring I-Activesense Package
Grand Touring Technology Package
MSRP: $33,625.00
Selling Price: $29,878.00
- $500 Recent College Grad

Final Price: $29,378.00 + TTL

That's over 11% off MSRP before incentives (unless more are built into the selling price not listed). Please do tell where and what dealer...

My fiance just got a CX-5
2016.5 Mazda CX5
Grand Touring
AWD
Crystal White Pearl
Grand Touring I-Activesense Package
Grand Touring Technology Package
MSRP: $33,625.00
Selling Price: $29,878.00
- $500 Recent College Grad

Final Price: $29,378.00 + TTL

That is a great price !!!enjoy

I am looking to buy a CX-5 Touring FWD with both Tech and Sunroof-Bose packages. Here is the initial quote I received from a local dealer over email for a Soul Red color car. Let me know the scope of negotiation here. I am based at Memphis TN.

MSRP: $29,425
Offered price $28,218
Taxes and others $2217

Last edited:
Funny you say that -- I used an out-of-town dealer's price when negotiating mine, and after my first walk-out, they actually contacted the dealer and found their "internet price" included every possible incentive, regardless of whether you'd qualify for it or not, showed me the email correspondence and everything. That is some BS for one thing, but it also blew a huge hole in my negotiating stance!

My dealer told me they didn't have a 0.9% APR available, just the 0% for 36 months deal, even before they ran my credit :( I just used the 1.9% blank check from PenFed that I came in with, but 0.9% would've been nice.

I notice you are/were also looking for a Touring model with Sunroof and Tech packages at Memphis area. I have a similar requirement for 2016.5 version. Were you able to get a good deal ? What was the final number you got?

I notice you are/were also looking for a Touring model with Sunroof and Tech packages at Memphis area. I have a similar requirement for 2016.5 version. Were you able to get a good deal ? What was the final number you got?

I had the same issue with some of the dealers I was negotiating with. They were including all sorts of incentives and rebates that I did not qualify for. On top of that, when we went to purchase the car, the dealer told us 0.9 was not available, although they previously told us it was. We just went with 0% for 36 months.

We had originally asked for a white FWD GT (parchment interior) base model and was told it was available. Upon arrival, turns out there was never a white GT, only a grey with roof rack and navigation. They wanted to up the agreed upon price now that this was a more expensive car. I told him that wasnt my problem and after a lot of back and forth, we agreed upon the original price.

16.5 FWD GT with roof rack / nav
MSRP was around $32k
Total out the door price was $29,668

Hello,

Looking to purchase a Mazda CX-5 GT in White with Parchment interior an with Tech package (maybe active sense package too)
What prices have people been getting in NYC/NJ? Dealers dont seem to want to budge.

One dealer had one on the lot for 34,625 with remote start, cargo cover, wheels locks, and other misc accessories, and only willing to go down to 33k. Doesn't seem like much of a discount.

2016.5 Mazda CX5
Grand Touring
AWD
Soul Red
iActiveSense Package + Tech Package
Cargo Mat, All-Weather Floor Mats, Rear Bumper Guard, Roof Rack Side Rails, Wheel Locks.

MSRP: $34,315
Quoted Price: $31,809 + $590 Dealer Service Fee + TTL

In Atlanta metro area. Fair price? I was hoping to get to 30K flat with the Dealer Service Fee included but the manager would not budge an inch, and they also low-balled my trade-in by not adding the correct options my current car has, and wouldn't re-do the trade-in amount either.

2016.5 Mazda CX5
Grand Touring
AWD
Soul Red
iActiveSense Package + Tech Package
Cargo Mat, All-Weather Floor Mats, Rear Bumper Guard, Roof Rack Side Rails, Wheel Locks.

MSRP: $34,315
Quoted Price: $31,809 + $590 Dealer Service Fee + TTL

In Atlanta metro area. Fair price? I was hoping to get to 30K flat with the Dealer Service Fee included but the manager would not budge an inch, and they also low-balled my trade-in by not adding the correct options my current car has, and wouldn't re-do the trade-in amount either.

Walk out after the trade in screwing .

New Buyer Here in Boston Area (Liberty Mazda Wakefield)

Hi Guys,

I need some advice, I am looking to get a CX-5 GT (i-Active sense package is a big deal for me for safety reasons). I did a quick Build on web and I am looking to see if I can get some feedback from senior members as to what do they think about the build, feedback on the closest dealer I have Liberty Mazda in Wakefield and finally most important how to negotiate for a better deal based on how much some other members were able to negotiate.

I am ready to purchase very soon, may be few weeks.

2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD ($29,870)
Crystal White Pearl Mica ($200) OR Soul Red Metallic ($300)
i-Active Sense Package ($1500)
Grand Touring Tech Package ($1155, Required by i-Active Sense Package)

Total (White Color):

2016.5 MAZDA CX-5 GRAND TOURING AWD $29,870
BUILD OPTIONS (6) $2,855
DESTINATION FEE $900
TOTAL PRICE (MSRP) $ 33,625

Last edited:
Hi,
I know this place is mostly for new cars, but I need your expert advice here on a used car.

CX5 - GT
15,600 miles
Price: $23,500 + tax/title/regn
Seller: Dealer

What do you guys think about this? Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi,
I know this place is mostly for new cars, but I need your expert advice here on a used car.

CX5 - GT
15,600 miles
Price: $23,500 + tax/title/regn
Seller: Dealer

What do you guys think about this? Thank you.

FYI to compare, I just got happily involved with a used/non rental fleet 2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring with Bose/Moonroof option with 48,000 miles for $17,500 plus tax and doc fees. Seller: Dealer Location: Indiana

Back