What did you pay for your CX-5?

So when you all are shooting for your goal % off of the MSRP are you including the $900 destination charge in that price?
Also are you including rebates in that % off MSRP or are you figuring your negotiated price and then taking rebates off of that?
Thanks!

Yes, and no for me.
The reason is rebate price is applied after the tax+fees are applied. I use the bottom-line price, which is OTD.

Leased a 2016.5 for $248 mo . (all included). $1100 total drive off. No first mo payment. 36 mos. 36k. If I like, I buy for $15k in 3 yrs, get certified first for extended warranty. I like it. Less money up front. Sport, white with rails. $23,680 total cost. Two other CA dealers would not match, so I felt OK. Key for me was low monthly payments, very little dp. this way my money can play elsewhere, earn $100 a mo. Also needed a lease as this is a biz car.

Last edited:
seems really great except 1000 miles vs 1200. I pay $248 a mo with all included taxes, and out of pocket was $1100 to drive off. My residual is $15,200. AND I only have a pearl white Sport.

New to this forum, quote from dealer:

2016.5 Grand touring FWD CX-5

MSRP: $ 28,570

Destination Fee: $ 900

Packages & Options

Packages:

GRAND TOURING TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE $1,155

Total MSRP: 30,625

Dealer asking price $27,949 plus tax and fees.

Good price? or I should try harder?

Doesn't look bad. Have you tried asking another dealer to beat it?

New to this forum, quote from dealer:

2016.5 Grand touring FWD CX-5

MSRP:$ 28,570

Destination Fee:$ 900

Packages & Options

Packages:

GRAND TOURING TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE$1,155

Total MSRP: 30,625

Dealer asking price $27,949 plus tax and fees.

Good price? or I should try harder?

Not bad at all, but I do feel you could get it a little bit lower. At this point it I would try to see if other dealers can beat that price.

Not bad at all, but I do feel you could get it a little bit lower. At this point it I would try to see if other dealers can beat that price.

My girlfriend and I went to the dealership yesterday. We did the test drive and tried to work on lower numbers. The sales/sales manager wouldnt drop a penny so we walked. So far no call back or anything.

new member to this forum..

Read through lots of recent post and truely appreciate response .

Planning to buy Mazda CX-5 GT FWD ....any reference to dealer who can do best pricing during this memorial day weekend...appreciate all your.
Am getting ~5% off MSRP, but as many said in this forum %10 is doable , but no dealer seem doing...

Any reference to dealer would be helpful

Alex,

I am unable to sell a Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring I Activ for $30,900.00

M.S.R.P. is $33,725.00

Can I see your quote for that specifc Mazda CX-5?

Is that at a local dealer that I compete with In the twin cities area?
I want to buy a 2016.5 grand touring with technology package and I activsence package with soul red , The dealer just reply me like this , I do not know how to reply him.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Hi all,
New member to the forum and new owner of Mazda CX5 2016.5 GT AWD i-ACTIV Meteor Gray color with Black interiors.

MSRP was $33,700 and final OTD was $33,354.

I would like to thank this forum for all the help I got, to help me decide on the best buying price. I did visit quite a few of the dealers and I would like to suggest anyone looking to buy a Mazda, to do give a try with All American Mazda dealer in Brick, NJ. I live in N-NJ and had to drive 80 miles to their dealership, but I need to say that it was well worth the drive. The folks there are super nice and treat you very well unlike some I have seen like in Wayne Mazda (my worst experience).

Hey everyone, I am new here to MZ427.
I recently bought my first CX5 this past Memorial Day weekend. MSRP was $33,725 for a 2016 Soul Red AWD GT w/ Tech and i-Activsense package. I was able purchase the vehicle for under invoice at $31,900 plus tax & lic.

Last edited:
I leased CX5 Touring awd red from All American Mazda in Brick NJ for $265 per month 12k/yr for 3 years. Great friendley dealer. Thanks forum to get better deal.

Hi all,
New member to the forum and new owner of Mazda CX5 2016.5 GT AWD i-ACTIV Meteor Gray color with Black interiors.

MSRP was $33,700 and final OTD was $33,354..

Thanks for the info, however it is much more helpful if you give base pricing before any rebates or additions (taxes, tags, etc).

All states have different fees, so the base price is best to go on with regards to comparing how well of a deal you got.

I am very close to buying a 2016.5 CX-5 GT FWD. I just want to know if I am getting a good deal or if I can do better. If I do another Google search on the topic my brain may begin to bleed... so I really just need to know yes, this is a good price or no, you can do better. Really appreciate any help or advice. I test drove this past weekend and instantly fell in love!

MSRP - $29,960
INVOICE - $29,149

Total OTD - $31,076 - (that is roughly getting $650 below INVOICE)

OPTIONS:
ROOF RACK SIDE RAILS (PIO) (RCK)
WHEEL LOCKS (PIO) (WLK)
CARGO MAT (PIO) (CGM)
REAR BUMPER GUARD (PIO) (RBG)

I am very close to buying a 2016.5 CX-5 GT FWD. I just want to know if I am getting a good deal or if I can do better. If I do another Google search on the topic my brain may begin to bleed... so I really just need to know yes, this is a good price or no, you can do better. Really appreciate any help or advice. I test drove this past weekend and instantly fell in love!

MSRP - $29,960
INVOICE - $29,149

Total OTD - $31,076 - (that is roughly getting $650 below INVOICE)

OPTIONS:
ROOF RACK SIDE RAILS (PIO) (RCK)
WHEEL LOCKS (PIO) (WLK)
CARGO MAT (PIO) (CGM)
REAR BUMPER GUARD (PIO) (RBG)

That's less than 5% off MSRP. You can do way better than that.

Little confused here as im not sure what fees people are including in their posts. Looking at a new GT. It is fully loaded up MSRP $34,550. Certified factory Invoice $33,257. Final price is $32,457.00 + $291.50 government fee and $299 proc/doc fee. $32,847.50 + tax final price all fees. 0 down 0.9% for 63 months. Any thoughts on the price? I thought it looked good but I'm seeing a lot of people saying they got 29-30k but maybe there were missing options or they left out the fees.

One dealer quoted me the following for a Soul Red 2016.5 CX-5 Sport with the following options:

1) Mazda Mobile Start

2) Rear Camera

3) Navigation

MSRP: $27,270

Invoice: $26,470

Price Quote before Fees: $25,477

Doc. Fee: $299

NJ Tax and state fees: 1,790

NJ 4 Year registration: $396

Total Out the Door Price: $27,963

Good deal or bad deal?

Also, would it make sense to wait a couple of weeks to see if they'd go lower at end of month/quarter?

After much reading and research, I am hoping for some assistance from this fine community.

I live in Central Massachusetts and want to purchase an AWD Touring in Pearl white. I want it stock with no additional options other than the color. Msrp is $27,615

The best offer thus far is $25,942 plus $900 delivery and $399 document fee. Tax and registration are irrelevant as they are the same everywhere. It also includes 0.9 financing for 60 months. I have tried to push them down but this is their final offer. Other quotes are either much higher or for non-stock vehicles which is a game I won't play.

Thoughts on this deal and/or suggestions from other MA folks who have bought recently? I also wonder about the document fees because I really try to not pay for this kind of profit maker.

Thanks.

Update:

New quote at $25,098 plus the standard $900 delivery and a $469 charge for registration, title, documents etc.

Not available until the end of the month.

A mica gray is ready now for $24,798 plus the above mentioned charges.

Update:

New quote at $25,098 plus the standard $900 delivery and a $469 charge for registration, title, documents etc.

Not available until the end of the month.

A mica gray is ready now for $24,798 plus the above mentioned charges.

Get them to drop the $900 "standard" delivery, and buy the car. It's doable. Good luck and enjoy your new CX-5 once you get it...

Get them to drop the $900 "standard" delivery, and buy the car. It's doable. Good luck and enjoy your new CX-5 once you get it...

I am not having any luck with dealers dropping the charge.

Right now I am looking at either:

AWD in white

$26,008

$299 document fee

OR

AWD in gray

$25,344

$399 document fee

All other costs are the same.

OR

AWD in gray

$24,898

$299 document fee

But about a 90 minute drive to get the car.

Last edited:
Back