What did you pay for your CX-5?

Mazda 2016.5 CX5 Sport 2.5L AWD. Options: Roofrack (no crossbars)

• Sales Price: 24,040
  • NJ Sales tax: 1,683
  • Fees: 708
  • OTD: 26,429.36

I've been on the hunt for a CX5 for the past 3 months. Up till recently I was looking at certified pre-owned but had a couple of really bad experiences. One dealership put a 3 foot long scratch on the hood of the car after I put a deposit on it (then pretended they hadn't seen it after they pulled the car up for me to pick it up) and another literally lied about the certification and almost sold me an uncertified used car (stay away from Koepple Mazda in Queens, NY!). Also, a new Sport model one was only 3 grand more than my used budget, so I made the decision to go new.

I'm the NJ, NYC area and looked at prices at:
Island Mazda, Wayne Mazda, Lodi Mazda, Lodi Mazda, Garden Mazda and Ramsey Mazda.

Ramsey Mazda gave me a true car quote of 24,040 and it was about a 600 less than what I was able to haggle at the other dealerships. I saw here that someone had gotten a Sport AWD at 25,800 OTD so I gave them a low offer of 25,500 and walked out. No call back for a week while hunting at other places and not getting prices anywhere near Ramsey's original 24,040. At this point I really just wanted a car and was so absolutely tired of dealing with car dealers; so I called them up and said I'd take it. I think I could have gotten at least a couple of hundred bucks off if I pushed harder. Also, they had a 0% interest offer which I took. I actually recommend Ramsey Mazda because out of all the dealership as they weren't too pushy with bulls*** and had good prices off the bat.

So, yay I have a CX5 finally! No loyalty or trade-in. The sport is def not as nice as the touring, but I like it still!

Good deal. Looks like they gave you better than Truecar? I'm in the NJ area too and ran that configuration through Truecar and get 25,125 with no incentives. True, the touring has more bells and whistles but i think the seats are more comfortable in the sport.

Last edited:
Hey all...thank you so much for the advice regarding what kind of deal to look for. I really appreciate it and look forward to my vehicle!

I just picked up a 2016.5 GT Tech (White) for $32k OTD. I am in NJ, so I shopped at Wayne, open road Morristown, Maxon and Crystal.
I started with asking for $30.5K OTD, they countered $33K. We ended up with $32k. I ended up with Open Road Morristown.

One of the dealers I visited actually gave me $28.8k (eprice) price + tax+fees. I went in and they started changing the story, saying that the quote was based on 2016 model, not 2016.5. And it includes incentives that I did not qualify. I pretty much walked out right away.

The financing deal with Mazda was pretty sweet. They offered 0% 36 mo, or 0.9% 63 months. I picked the latter.

So far so good. I am enjoying the car a lot.

I just picked up a 2016.5 GT Tech (White) for $32k OTD. I am in NJ, so I shopped at Wayne, open road Morristown, Maxon and Crystal.
I started with asking for $30.5K OTD, they countered $33K. We ended up with $32k. I ended up with Open Road Morristown.

One of the dealers I visited actually gave me $28.8k (eprice) price + tax+fees. I went in and they started changing the story, saying that the quote was based on 2016 model, not 2016.5. And it includes incentives that I did not qualify. I pretty much walked out right away.

The financing deal with Mazda was pretty sweet. They offered 0% 36 mo, or 0.9% 63 months. I picked the latter.

So far so good. I am enjoying the car a lot.
i bought mine from Open Road Morristown as well. congrats - it is a great car.

Funny you say that -- I used an out-of-town dealer's price when negotiating mine, and after my first walk-out, they actually contacted the dealer and found their "internet price" included every possible incentive, regardless of whether you'd qualify for it or not, showed me the email correspondence and everything. That is some BS for one thing, but it also blew a huge hole in my negotiating stance!

My dealer told me they didn't have a 0.9% APR available, just the 0% for 36 months deal, even before they ran my credit :( I just used the 1.9% blank check from PenFed that I came in with, but 0.9% would've been nice.

Good deal. Looks like they gave you better than Truecar? I'm in the NJ area too and ran that configuration through Truecar and get 25,125 with no incentives. True, the touring has more bells and whistles but I think the seats are more comfortable in the sport.

That is the Truecar quote I got from Ramsey. It looks like the dealers change their truecar pricing all the time though. I really really really love my sport so far! Also, make sure you do a really thorough inspection of the car you're gonna buy, I found a tiny scratch in the parking lot at Ramsey after I signed all the papers, but they said they're gonna fix it. The fuckers love to rush through this process.

Attached is the actual truecar quote.

View attachment Ramsey Mazda – TrueCar.pdf

I've already spent like 400 bucks on accessories. Got the stainless steel door sill scuff pads that are on the touring among other stuff.

Last edited:
That is the Truecar quote I got from Ramsey. It looks like the dealers change their truecar pricing all the time though. I really really really love my sport so far! Also, make sure you do a really thorough inspection of the car you're gonna buy, I found a tiny scratch in the parking lot at Ramsey after I signed all the papers, but they said they're gonna fix it. The fuckers love to rush through this process.

Attached is the actual truecar quote.

View attachment 213888

I've already spent like 400 bucks on accessories. Got the stainless steel door sill scuff pads that are on the touring among other stuff.

I too shopped in NNJ. I researched the prices intensely in the past 3 months, and based on my experience, you can get a better deal than truecar's number. I believe I got about 10% off MSRP (not exactly sure since there're so many rebates from Mazda). But I negotiated with OTD price because that's what hit my pocket. The other brand I cross-shopped was Subaru (Forrester). I think they're offering similarly aggressive discounts.

From all dealers I dealt with, I found Open Road Morristown to be the more pleasing and not as 'tricky'. The others are not bad too (Maxon for example). Coming from Acura and BMW, I was actually quite surprised by the quality of dealerships of Mazda.

Can someone tell me how these lease numbers look for 2016.5 Mazda CX5 Touring FWD:

36 months
1500 Total Drive off
10,000 per year
$237.80 taxes included
MSRP: 26,415
CC: 24,612
Residual: 16,641.45
State: CA

Man, I don't know how you guys are getting these deals...some seem too good to be true.

This is what I am looking for:

2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD black/black

- Technology $1,155
- I-Activesense $1,500
- mobile start $500
- parking sensors $475
- roof rails $275
- AW floor mats $100
- cargo tray $75
- cargo cover $200

Hoping to qualify for that 0.0/0.9% 60 months Mazda financing, I should be able to.

I went to a dealer last week, the best OTD price I got was $35,500 and they had zero interest in negotiating. It was very strange...

I did get some of those edmunds price promise emails for $29,919 but when checking the VINs those models were missing the I-Activesense.

We'll see how it goes...

Mazda 2016.5 CX5 Sport 2.5L AWD. Options: Roofrack (no crossbars)

• Sales Price: 24,040
  • NJ Sales tax: 1,683
  • Fees: 708
  • OTD: 26,429.36

qw8LoRc.jpg

I've been on the hunt for a CX5 for the past 3 months. Up till recently I was looking at certified pre-owned but had a couple of really bad experiences. One dealership put a 3 foot long scratch on the hood of the car after I put a deposit on it (then pretended they hadn't seen it after they pulled the car up for me to pick it up) and another literally lied about the certification and almost sold me an uncertified used car (stay away from Koepple Mazda in Queens, NY!). Also, a new Sport model one was only 3 grand more than my used budget, so I made the decision to go new.

I'm the NJ, NYC area and looked at prices at:
Island Mazda, Wayne Mazda, Lodi Mazda, Lodi Mazda, Garden Mazda and Ramsey Mazda.

Ramsey Mazda gave me a true car quote of 24,040 and it was about a 600 less than what I was able to haggle at the other dealerships. I saw here that someone had gotten a Sport AWD at 25,800 OTD so I gave them a low offer of 25,500 and walked out. No call back for a week while hunting at other places and not getting prices anywhere near Ramsey's original 24,040. At this point I really just wanted a car and was so absolutely tired of dealing with car dealers; so I called them up and said I'd take it. I think I could have gotten at least a couple of hundred bucks off if I pushed harder. Also, they had a 0% interest offer which I took. I actually recommend Ramsey Mazda because out of all the dealership as they weren't too pushy with bulls*** and had good prices off the bat.

So, yay I have a CX5 finally! No loyalty or trade-in. The sport is def not as nice as the touring, but I like it still!

Do all the 10% off MSRP prices people have gotten include things like conquest and loyalty rebates?

Just picked up the 2016 GT AWD black on black in the DC area. Final price was $27,500 (was asking $27k), couldn't be happier with it -- OTD was a tick over $30k (DC sales tax on SUVs is 7%, ugh).

I just purchased a 2016.5 touring in white with roof rails. Thought I got phenomenonal deal

MSRP was 26,645
Selling price $24446.73
Taxes and reg - 1753
OTD - 26,200

This was at the 4th dealer I had gone to. The 1st one I got down to 26,600, we would have gone to 26,500 but they wouldn't budge. My wife didn't like the way they negotiated so we walked. He was complaining about how much he was losing. Next dealership wasted our time coming in bc they wouldn't budge from 27,500. The last one of the day, I walked in said 26 and we settled on 26,200. Quickest negotiation I've ever had. I thought that was a phenomenal deal. $2200 off MSRP.

I just don't get the discrepancy in dealer pricing for the same car in the same area

Last edited:
New to this forum, quote from dealer:

2016.5 Grand touring FWD CX-5

MSRP: $ 28,570

Destination Fee: $ 900

Packages & Options

Packages:

GRAND TOURING TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE $1,155

Total MSRP: 30,625

Dealer asking price $27,949 plus tax and fees.

Good price? or I should try harder?

I just purchased a 2016.5 touring in white with roof rails. Thought I got phenomenonal deal

MSRP was 26,645
Selling price $24446.73
Taxes and reg - 1753
OTD - 26,200

This was at the 4th dealer I had gone to. The 1st one I got down to 26,600, we would have gone to 25,500 but they wouldn't budge. My wife didn't like the way they negotiated so we walked. He was complaining about how much he was losing. Next dealership wasted our time coming in bc they wouldn't budge from 27,500. The last one of the day, I walked in said 26 and we settled on 26,200. Quickest negotiation I've ever had. I thought that was a phenomenal deal. $2200 off MSRP.

I just don't get the discrepancy in dealer pricing for the same car in the same area

Looks like an awesome price. qq: Is it AWD? Also where did you buy? Please let know. Thanks

EDIT: Looking at the MSRP looks like AWD.

Last edited:
So when you all are shooting for your goal % off of the MSRP are you including the $900 destination charge in that price?
Also are you including rebates in that % off MSRP or are you figuring your negotiated price and then taking rebates off of that?
Thanks!

Back