What did you pay for your CX-5?

New to this forum and looking to buy a CX5 GT AWD with Tech and Activsense packages. Has anyone used the Costco buying program as part of the negotiation process?

Is there a certain amount of time needed to pass before I can do this? Will there be any penalty?

You'll want to read up on your loan docs, but my understanding is the dealership will often tell you that you can't transfer the loan (essentially paying it off early) before 90 days or 12 months or some nonsense. In reality I believe the dealership takes a loss (removes bonus or kickback) when you move the loan away from Mazda captive financing before 60 or 90 days or something along those lines. There was a great Reddit post that talked about it that I'll look for. For what it's worth, PENFED gave me 1.49% for my new car loan.

Edit: here's the thread

Last edited:
CX-5 Touring w/ Bose moonroof package for $26,300 and 1.9 ARP. This was basically the TrueCar "good price". The MSRP according to truecar is $27245. I probably should have tried to haggle to a lower price, but I was tired of shopping and tired of haggling. I turned down everything the finance guy was offering.

I had been in a wreck and had just 1 week rental car before I was on my own. It's so much nicer car shopping when you don't have a time squeeze.

I got a quote for a silver 2016 cx5 gt with tech and iactivesense for $30,800 OTD is this a good price or should I haggle more. With window tint,wheel locks and all weather mat

Just curious, was this for a 2016 or 2016.5? Also, you probably already know this,but if you aren't happy with the APR they gave you, you can always move the loan to your own bank. That's most likely what we will do in 4 months since the APR thru Mazda's financing is 3.99% (yikes!). Anywho, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the CX-5 family!

This was for a 2016. My APR was 3.89%. Not something I am happy with so I am definetly interested to hear more about switching over to my credit union. Have never done this before, how easy is the process of doing so? Is there a certain amount of time needed to pass before I can do this? Will there be any penalty?

I got a quote for a silver 2016 cx5 gt with tech and iactivesense for $30,800 OTD is this a good price or should I haggle more. With window tint,wheel locks and all weather mat

It's hard to say without knowing your taxes, doc fees, incentives and such, but it sounds pretty good.

Is that AWD? I paid $30.8k for my 2016.5 AWD with tech and iactive and taxes and fees on top of that. I thought that was a great deal.

Fwd and just 2016 and OTD price

Well, if you are feeling brave, offer 29,500 OTD. If they ask why, tell them its an older model with FWD. See if they bite. If they refuse, tell them you will go home and htink about it. If they don't go chasing after you, then come back the next day and take the offer. I am pretty sure they would really like to move that model off the lot and make room for some new models.

Hello guys. New member and a lurker. I'm looking for a SUV/CUV that can benefit the future family. So I've been emailing a lot of dealers around my area for a week or so and some of you know some have their mark ups and bogus offers. Yesterday, I emailed a dealer and this is what their offer. A 2016.5 Touring AWD with moonroof/bose and tech package w/ OTD of $29936.15(including taxes and doc/fees) based off a msrp of $29,820. Originally, my want is a black on black but it's hard to get that color with the packages I wanted so I'm trying to make my color choice wider to gray or white or black. Hopefully other people can chime in and help me. Thank you so much!

Hello guys. New member and a lurker. I'm looking for a SUV/CUV that can benefit the future family. So I've been emailing a lot of dealers around my area for a week or so and some of you know some have their mark ups and bogus offers. Yesterday, I emailed a dealer and this is what their offer. A 2016.5 Touring AWD with moonroof/bose and tech package w/ OTD of $29936.15(including taxes and doc/fees) based off a msrp of $29,820. Originally, my want is a black on black but it's hard to get that color with the packages I wanted so I'm trying to make my color choice wider to gray or white or black. Hopefully other people can chime in and help me. Thank you so much!

As stated before, you have to post their asking selling price with nothing else to know if it's a good deal or not as everyone's taxes, doc fees, and incentives vary...feel free to post that, and good luck with your future purchase...for instance, a selling price around $27k would be a great deal...

Last edited:
This was for a 2016. My APR was 3.89%. Not something I am happy with so I am definetly interested to hear more about switching over to my credit union. Have never done this before, how easy is the process of doing so? Is there a certain amount of time needed to pass before I can do this? Will there be any penalty?

I've never done it either, but we confirmed with the financing guy that it can be done. Our sales guy also confirmed, but said that if we do switch over before 4 months, he has to eat the $500 incentive. So to be nice to him, we will wait until after 4 months, but if you don't care about that I assume it can be done whenever.

As stated before, you have to post their asking selling price with nothing else to know if it's a good deal or not as everyone's taxes, doc fees, and incentives vary...feel free to post that, and good luck with your future purchase...for instance, a selling price around $27k would be a great deal...

The selling price is $27,200 Sale price for that package and trim? Sorry I forgot that they did email me the whole breakdown of their pricing and OTD.

The selling price is $27,200 Sale price for that package and trim? Sorry I forgot that they did email me the whole breakdown of their pricing and OTD.

That's not that bad if it's without any incentives. You should be able to get $2-500 more easily if you haven't haggled at all yet, though....

We used the information in this thread as a guide to buy our CX-5 so I wanted to contribute some information now that we are done.

2016 CX-5 GT FWD w/Tech & iActive
MSRP $32,105

We had them add Roof Rails (Installed), All Weather Mats, & 300 mile delivery to our house...
Paid $29,250 - financed @ .9% through Chase.

I pushed for $29,000 and may have been able to get it had I tried to walk but we were visiting family out of town and hadn't really allocated time to work on a deal. Plus we had looked for the color/option combination near our home the week prior and came up empty on the 2016 model. When we found it listed on our trip I sent off a couple emails and then went down to the dealership to hammer out the final details the next day.

Last edited:
We used the information in this thread as a guide to buy our CX-5 so I wanted to contribute some information now that we are done.

2016 CX-5 GT FWD w/Tech & iActive
MSRP $32,105

We had them add Roof Rails (Installed), All Weather Mats, & 300 mile delivery to our house...
Paid $29,250 - financed @ .9% through Chase.

I pushed for $29,000 and may have been able to get it had I tried to walk but we were visiting family out of town and hadn't really allocated time to work on a deal. Plus we had looked for the color/option combination near our home the week prior and came up empty on the 2016 model. When we found it listed on our trip I sent off a couple emails and then went down to the dealership to hammer out the final details the next day.

With those perks added? Nice! Congrats!

Hi...been lurking for a few months now and decided to join.
Just got a quote for $29,998 with OTD $32,359
2016.5 AWD CX5 Grand Touring deep crystal blue with Tech Package
Do you guys think this is a good deal?

Hi...been lurking for a few months now and decided to join.
Just got a quote for $29,998 with OTD $32,359
2016.5 AWD CX5 Grand Touring deep crystal blue with Tech Package
Do you guys think this is a good deal?

Not great, but not bad. I've noticed that $29998 price is what a lot of dealers use as their "sale price". Shoot for lower, good luck, and enjoy your new ride...

Back