What did you pay for your CX-5?

Just spoke with the dealer (Brown's Fairfax) that is offering the 2016.5 and he is reassuring me that the $500 discount is legit and applies to the $30,500 quote. Being that the 16 and 16.5 with tech package is virtually the same. I would think the competing dealer (Priority Tysons) can go lower than $30,500.

Wow, I'm surprised they are giving you that good of a deal. I also went in and got a quote from Brown's Fairfax and they acted like they couldn't do any better than $28,600 (which is about the same as they quoted you). Not to mention, my quote was for a 2016 without tech package!

Frustrated in the SW

I'm out here in Vegas and have been having a hard time finding an available 2016.5 GT AWD in red on black + tech. I've been contacting dealerships in neighboring states (Cali, Utah, Arizona) for over two weeks and the best lead I've got is all the way up in Salt Lake City. So I'd be flying out to SLC and driving the vehicle back if I opted to purchase. My local Vegas dealerships have either all but given up on me or wanted to pass off a $700 "transport fee" to source the vehicle from a neighboring state.

I'm certainly frustrated that mazdausa.com has not been updated with 2016.5 price and inventory searches. Also super annoying that I can't seem to view the sticker details via mazdausa.com (example).

Any thoughts on this? No extras.

2016.5 GT AWD, red + tech

MSRP$32,225.00
Loyalty incentive($500.00)
Discount($761.00)
Adjusted sale price$30,964.00
Doc fee$359.00
Sales total$31,323.00

Sacramento, CA
2016.5 CX5 GT
FWD
No tech packages
Roof rails & Bumper Guard (already installed)
Sales price $27k (no padded fees; including destination fee)
MSRP $29845

I did not work too hard to find the deal; I had a little patience, emailed several dealers.
Some dealers provided quotes by email; many did not. I agreed on price by email before going to dealer to buy.
20% off on a few other accessories not listed above.
Cheers & thanks for posting on the thread.

Last edited:
I'm out here in Vegas and have been having a hard time finding an available 2016.5 GT AWD in red on black + tech. I've been contacting dealerships in neighboring states (Cali, Utah, Arizona) for over two weeks and the best lead I've got is all the way up in Salt Lake City. So I'd be flying out to SLC and driving the vehicle back if I opted to purchase. My local Vegas dealerships have either all but given up on me or wanted to pass off a $700 "transport fee" to source the vehicle from a neighboring state.

I'm certainly frustrated that mazdausa.com has not been updated with 2016.5 price and inventory searches. Also super annoying that I can't seem to view the sticker details via mazdausa.com (example).

Any thoughts on this? No extras.

2016.5 GT AWD, red + tech

MSRP$32,225.00
Loyalty incentive($500.00)
Discount($761.00)
Adjusted sale price$30,964.00
Doc fee$359.00
Sales total$31,323.00

No sales tax??? I think you can go down to $29,500ish.

Oh yes, there are heaps of taxes and fees unique to my area. Doesn't even include all the high annual tag fees on vehicles since Nevada doesn't have state income taxes.

So $29,500 for this configuration is the consensus? Are y'all really getting $2700 off sticker for a 2016.5? That's before or after doc fees and the such?

ZYPYTPy.png

Attachments

• 3-18-2016 7-43-44 AM.png
    3-18-2016 7-43-44 AM.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
I can't believe they're offering you the $30,500, but won't budge on my $29500 offer, as I'm saving the extra $1k just in taxes alone, and am willing to come 500 miles by train to get the car this weekend...keep us posted, please...

FYI, Fitzmall offered me $30,200 if you haven't checked there, it may be worth it...hell, let's get good deals, together...

Fitzmall is all out of 2016s , I got a GT AWD with tech for 29300 last month .

Just an update. Priority Tysons and I came to agreement on an OTD quote of $30,250 for a 2016 GT with Tech Package. I'm heading out now to walk in to the dealer and hope everything goes well and there are no unexpected costs.

OTD quote of $30,250 for a 2016 GT with Tech Package

This an AWD as well? I've been combing through the notes dropped by members here and am still trying to get a solid feel for how far below MSRP should be considered expected for the 2016.5/GT/AWD+Tech. I know demand and taxes/fees are different for each market, but am meeting with intense 'full sticker/MSRP' resistance from dealerships across multiple nearby states since this is a rather unavailable config in these parts.

Just an update. Priority Tysons and I came to agreement on an OTD quote of $30,250 for a 2016 GT with Tech Package. I'm heading out now to walk in to the dealer and hope everything goes well and there are no unexpected costs.

Please let us know how it goes. That means they could sell that car to me for $29250 based on our differences in taxes and title alone, and they'll get my business as well if that's the case...look forward to hearing your outcome...

This an AWD as well? I've been combing through the notes dropped by members here and am still trying to get a solid feel for how far below MSRP should be considered expected for the 2016.5/GT/AWD+Tech. I know demand and taxes/fees are different for each market, but am meeting with intense 'full sticker/MSRP' resistance from dealerships across multiple nearby states since this is a rather unavailable config in these parts.

It's for an AWD, and you should be able to get $2k off MSRP without asking, and $3k+ if they really want your business...good luck and let us know how it goes...

you should be able to get $2k off MSRP without asking

...yeah, I'm still stuck @ $761 off + $500 off for loyalty after speaking on it again. I'm not pressed for time, but geographically seem be having problems with this in my region (Nevada/Arizona/Utah/SoCal). (notcool)

...yeah, I'm still stuck @ $761 off + $500 off for loyalty after speaking on it again. I'm not pressed for time, but geographically seem be having problems with this in my region (Nevada/Arizona/Utah/SoCal). (notcool)

Yep, I'm going to have to travel to get one as well. Oh well, better than getting jipped by my local dealer. They thought I'd pay more than MSRP, and wouldn't budge. Craziness...

Please let us know how it goes. That means they could sell that car to me for $29250 based on our differences in taxes and title alone, and they'll get my business as well if that's the case...look forward to hearing your outcome...

Priority Tysons kept their word on the $30,250 OTD price. This quote was only good if I financed through them of course. I pushed hard for the $30,000 OTD but they really would not budge on the $30,250.

When showing other dealerships the $30,350 quote many said they could beat it but would not not give me any quotes in writing until I showed up to the dealer and spoke with them in person. Most likely a ploy to get me to buy without beating that quote.

Even if someone else really could bring it down some more, Priority had the edge by offering free lifetime oil change, state inspections.

Anyway, I love my new CX-5 and proud to be part of the Mazda family! Handles great and the tech package makes it just as good most luxury cars out there.

Last edited:
you should be able to get $2k off MSRP without asking, and $3k+ if they really want your business

Doc fees are high in Nevada, on the order of $450-500. When considering $2k off MSRP you think that'd be a fair baseline including this substantial doc fee, or excluding it?

Doc fees are high in Nevada, on the order of $450-500. When considering $2k off MSRP you think that'd be a fair baseline including this substantial doc fee, or excluding it?
Well docs fees are $599 where guy above got his for roughly
$3k off MSRP, so I'd say without. All doc fees I've been quoted have been $199-$699 also. Straight profit...

Priority Tysons kept their word on the $30,250 OTD price. This quote was only good if I financed through them of course. I pushed hard for the $30,000 OTD but they really would not budge on the $30,250.

When showing other dealerships the $30,350 quote many said they could beat it but would not not give me any quotes in writing until I showed up to the dealer and spoke with them in person. Most likely a ploy to get me to buy without beating that quote.

Even if someone else really could bring it down some more, Priority had the edge by offering free lifetime oil change, state inspections.

Anyway, I love my new CX-5 and proud to be part of the Mazda family! Handles great and the tech package makes it just as good most luxury cars out there.

Just curious, was this for a 2016 or 2016.5? Also, you probably already know this,but if you aren't happy with the APR they gave you, you can always move the loan to your own bank. That's most likely what we will do in 4 months since the APR thru Mazda's financing is 3.99% (yikes!). Anywho, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the CX-5 family!

Las Vegas 2016.5 AWD + Tech

Well, this is as good as it's going to get for me in the SW region, and pulled the trigger on this build today.

I had the line items for cargo net and roof rails removed, and will also receive free tinting for the two fronts that don't come factory-tinted.

Oh, BTW -- learned from today that the $500 loyalty incentive is subtracted after the sales tax calculation. For me, that added an unexpected $40 to the cost.

FUEjggi.png

W8gPrAT.png

Attachments

• final.png
    final.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Back