What did you pay for your CX-5?

Yes you can do better , just ask .They are moving the 2016 models now , don't expect them to make you a better offer . I just got a GT with Tech package for $29300, so you have some room to work with.

Looking at my first Mazda purchase
2016 (not 2016.5) CX5 GT AWD with Tech Package & Soul Red paint
List $32,155
They have offered $30,405 Almost 5.5% off
I have done no negotiation beyond this price
Because its a 2016 they are offering 0.9% financing which is why I need to move on this very soon because there are only a few 2016s left and the 2016.5 won't qualify for that financing.

Am I likely to do any better? I really hate the negotiation game and I don't have all day to spend haggling over this.

Feedback?

You can do way better. I'd shoot for another $1k off at least for sure.

Yes you can do better , just ask .They are moving the 2016 models now , don't expect them to make you a better offer . I just got a GT with Tech package for $29300, so you have some room to work with.

Was this $29,300 your out the door price?

I am looking at the CX-5 GT AWD (no tech packages) and was told the best they could do for out the door was $31,000 (oh, and they also later threw in a $250 off coupon...woo). And I assume this would be for the 2016 (not 2016.5) since they probably want to move these first. I feel like I can do better than this...thoughts?

I am looking at the CX-5 GT AWD (no tech packages) and was told the best they could do for out the door was $31,000 (oh, and they also later threw in a $250 off coupon...woo). And I assume this would be for the 2016 (not 2016.5) since they probably want to move these first. I feel like I can do better than this...thoughts?

The OTD price isn't relevant to all due to different taxes and fees among states and dealers, however, the selling price is, so what is the selling price offered before everything added, including any dealer incentives like financing discount, loyalty owner, etc...

The OTD price isn't relevant to all due to different taxes and fees among states and dealers, however, the selling price is, so what is the selling price offered before everything added, including any dealer incentives like financing discount, loyalty owner, etc...

The sales price was listed at $30,120, not including a $250 incentive. So basically $29,870 (not including the tech packages or any extras). However, its about 2K in taxes, titling, and processing fees here in VA. So I asked for 31k out the door, which they said was the best they could do.

The sales price was listed at $30,120, not including a $250 incentive. So basically $29,870 (not including the tech packages or any extras). However, its about 2K in taxes, titling, and processing fees here in VA. So I asked for 31k out the door, which they said was the best they could do.

You should be able to get that car for a sales price of $28,000 tops, and that without the -$250 extra incentive, so $27750 with that subtracted, then add your sales tax etc. If that's ~$2,000, then $29,750. The price they're giving you isn't great at all as you can get one with Tech for cheaper than that (numerous folks here have). So basically, if you end up paying more than that, you paid way too much. Don't be scared to tell them, and definitely don't be scared to walk. I hope this has helped and you solidify a deal in this price range...

Side note: Start lower than the price I stated and stick to your guns when they try to laugh it off and say no...

Last edited:
You should be able to get that car for a sales price of $28,000 tops, and that without the -$250 extra incentive, so $27750 with that subtracted, then add your sales tax etc. If that's ~$2,000, then $29,750. The price they're giving you isn't great at all as you can get one with Tech for cheaper than that (numerous folks here have). So basically, if you end up paying more than that, you paid way too much. Don't be scared to tell them, and definitely don't be scared to walk. I hope this has helped and you solidify a deal in this price range...

Side note: Start lower than the price I stated and stick to your guns when they try to laugh it off and say no...

I agree with NelsonLewis. I got my 2016 Red GT AWD with tech for $29,400 (plus the dealer threw in three years of oil change and tire rotation). If you're not in a rush to buy, walk away and try to shop around a bit more. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I bought in Maryland , the land of taxes !! $29300 was the cost with dealer fee . Taxes and title were added on plus I put some cash down and had a trade .

Thanks for all your insight guys! Confirms my thoughts exactly. I'm in no rush so it's not a big deal for me to wait. They are acting like I'm a loony toon now, but we will see how things change come the end of month! (mj)

Thanks for all your insight guys! Confirms my thoughts exactly. I'm in no rush so it's not a big deal for me to wait. They are acting like I'm a loony toon now, but we will see how things change come the end of month! (mj)

No problem man. loony toon? Ha, that's what they do! lol You will get the fair price you deserve. Glad I could help in some way. Look forward to your report back on the outcome, and enjoy your new ride when you take ownership...

Got several quotes on 2016 GT AWD + Tech Package + Red. MSRP is $32,155. The lowest sales price so far is $28,696. It has a rear bumper guard, cargo cover, roof rails and door sill trim plates.

Dealer also offered
Free Oil changes for life
Free State inspection for life
engine guaranteed for life
parts and service guaranteed for life
free towing for life

My only concern is that I searched the vin# provided by the dealer on Mazda Recall website. This vehicle is in the recalled list and the status is recall incomplete. The dealer guaranteed that the recall was done and would not sell a vehicle with "recall incomplete" 'cause it's illegal.

Is this a good deal? Does my concern matters?

I live in Virginia.

Thank you, guys. Need your suggestions.

Hi All, Brand new to the forum! I am looking to buy a 2016 CX-5 in the coming week and would love to use this deal as a basis since I also live in VA. Which dealership was this? Hopefully in Northern Virginia?

Also, this may be a dumb question but is it possible to get a Touring package but also get the leather trim from the GT package?

Thanks for any help and I look forward to contributing to the forum!

Ok, so I don't think I'll be doing you justice without specifying that my $29,400 price was after an additional $1000 off. Originally the dealer would not budge on the $30,400 (I checked in with 3 other dealers). Fortunately, one week later Mazda had two deals going on; $500 off for being a chase customer and an other $500 to finance through chase (I made one payment to chase and switched over to my credit union loan at a much lower APR). To seal the deal, I convinced them to throw in the oil and tire rotation package.

But again, if you are not in a rush to buy, keep shopping and keep an eye out for Mazda promotions.

Ok, so I don't think I'll be doing you justice without specifying that my $29,400 price was after an additional $1000 off. Originally the dealer would not budge on the $30,400 (I checked in with 3 other dealers). Fortunately, one week later Mazda had two deals going on; $500 off for being a chase customer and an other $500 to finance through chase (I made one payment to chase and switched over to my credit union loan at a much lower APR). To seal the deal, I convinced them to throw in the oil and tire rotation package.

But again, if you are not in a rush to buy, keep shopping and keep an eye out for Mazda promotions.

I'll stick to my original post, I got the $29400 without any incentives, and then $500 extra for the Chase financing. It can be done...they originally quoted $29900, and I offered the $29400 (started with $29k).i believe I could've got a couple hundred more, but it's a fair price...

I actually did get a price quote from Virginia while shopping around. It was from Brown's in Fairfax, Va., and it was the second cheapest one I received all together just by sending an email (within $100 of the cheapest). The cheapest I received was not far from Va in J. City, TN. The highest I received was from Knoxville, TN, and the dealer and Manager was a complete waste of time (the quote was $1500 more than almost everywhere, and the guy wouldn't quit calling, texting, and emailing.)

I actually did get a price quote from Virginia while shopping around. It was from Brown's in Fairfax, Va., and it was the second cheapest one I received all together just by sending an email (within $100 of the cheapest). The cheapest I received was not far from Va in J. City, TN. The highest I received was from Knoxville, TN, and the dealer and Manager was a complete waste of time (the quote was $1500 more than almost everywhere, and the guy wouldn't quit calling, texting, and emailing.)

Email Fitzmall in Annapolis Md . They are good.

Cant believe what I am driving...

I went to look at a CX-5 GT AWD, crystal white with tech and I-Active Sense. The list for that car was 33,555. In looking at the photo on line I noticed that the stock wheels had been switched out for a custom wheel set and something in the way the car looked was different but I couldn't really tell from the picture. When I called the dealership the lady said yes they used this one as a show room car and it had different wheels. But the price was still the same, at least online...

I arrived and quickly found out that the information I had was in error. The car had been enhanced in several ways, custom wheels, tinting on the roof and the lights, Door protective edging, all weather floor mats. Basically it looked like a hot rod SUV. And that cool stuff didn't come free. The sticker for all those add on things drove the price to 36,091. Well that was way out of my ballpark and I wasn't sure I really wanted the custom wheels etc. (Honestly I am still not 100% sure after a day of ownership, lol.)

I said that I was probably not going to buy it. No hard feelings, nice set up but we are pretty far apart in what I can pay for a car and this price. But he said they were really motivated to move it. I'm guessing lots of people were not into the look of the car. So we shot a few numbers back and forth. At this point I had no expectation of getting the car. I knew I had another one at another dealership that had the 2 packages and they were willing to deal. So after a few minutes of going back and forth I was ready to leave. No hard feelings but just didn't see how it was going to work. So the salesman said what is the number that you would buy this car for? So I shot him 32,000 which was 1,500 below the ORIGINAL sticker before all the customization! Well, they were desperate to move it because they ultimately took the deal.

I was in total shock, still am. The car looks amazing. Maybe a bit flashy -- certainly more flashy than the 2007 Honda Fit it replaces!

Cant believe what I am driving...

I went to look at a CX-5 GT AWD, crystal white with tech and I-Active Sense. The list for that car was 33,555. In looking at the photo on line I noticed that the stock wheels had been switched out for a custom wheel set and something in the way the car looked was different but I couldn't really tell from the picture. When I called the dealership the lady said yes they used this one as a show room car and it had different wheels. But the price was still the same, at least online...

I arrived and quickly found out that the information I had was in error. The car had been enhanced in several ways, custom wheels, tinting on the roof and the lights, Door protective edging, all weather floor mats. Basically it looked like a hot rod SUV. And that cool stuff didn't come free. The sticker for all those add on things drove the price to 36,091. Well that was way out of my ballpark and I wasn't sure I really wanted the custom wheels etc. (Honestly I am still not 100% sure after a day of ownership, lol.)

I said that I was probably not going to buy it. No hard feelings, nice set up but we are pretty far apart in what I can pay for a car and this price. But he said they were really motivated to move it. I'm guessing lots of people were not into the look of the car. So we shot a few numbers back and forth. At this point I had no expectation of getting the car. I knew I had another one at another dealership that had the 2 packages and they were willing to deal. So after a few minutes of going back and forth I was ready to leave. No hard feelings but just didn't see how it was going to work. So the salesman said what is the number that you would buy this car for? So I shot him 32,000 which was 1,500 below the ORIGINAL sticker before all the customization! Well, they were desperate to move it because they ultimately took the deal.

I was in total shock, still am. The car looks amazing. Maybe a bit flashy -- certainly more flashy than the 2007 Honda Fit it replaces!

Post a pic or it didn't happen...lol

I kid, I kid, but a pic would be nice. $32k is high...what kind of rims are they?

Hi All, Brand new to the forum! I am looking to buy a 2016 CX-5 in the coming week and would love to use this deal as a basis since I also live in VA. Which dealership was this? Hopefully in Northern Virginia?

Also, this may be a dumb question but is it possible to get a Touring package but also get the leather trim from the GT package?

Thanks for any help and I look forward to contributing to the forum!

Hi RosadoCX-5,

I got the deal from Priority Mazda Tysons Corner. They are opening a lot for Nissan and trying to sell the cars in their lot asap. I think that's why they offered much lower price than other dealerships. I live in Richmond, VA.

I requested quotes by email from 8-9 dealers both in Richmond and Northern VA, then picked the best offer. You may ask the dealers to beat each other's price. Mazda offers rebates for military, new graduate, chase finance and loyalty. You'd better mention the rebates after the negotiation, and it will save you a few more hundred bucks. Don't show the rebates to sales until you think you both have an agreement on the final OTD price. That's a trick:)

I also replied your message.

Strangely enough, that's where I just got another quote from as well. I'm down to $28,600 from them, but still looking to get it lower than that. Haven't heard about the $500 chase rebate, so I will definitely keep that in mind too.

Back