What did you pay for your CX-5?

Purchased a 2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Package Titanium Flash w/Parchment Interior a few days ago for $29,700. MSRP-$31,910. Pretty popular vehicles in my area and very few dealers were willing to negotiate down on the price.

Love the vehicle so far. Came from a 2010 Mazda3 S 2.5L. Have ordered the OEM cargo liner, OEM cargo cover, and the Aries StyleGuard Floor Liners from AutoAnything for 20% off already. First snow is falling and am ready to see how it handles on the ride home.

Purchased a 2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Package Titanium Flash w/Parchment Interior a few days ago for $29,700. MSRP-$31,910. Pretty popular vehicles in my area and very few dealers were willing to negotiate down on the price.

Love the vehicle so far. Came from a 2010 Mazda3 S 2.5L. Have ordered the OEM cargo liner, OEM cargo cover, and the Aries StyleGuard Floor Liners from AutoAnything for 20% off already. First snow is falling and am ready to see how it handles on the ride home.

That's a really fair price. Congrats and enjoy your new ride!

MSRP was $30,925. Got mine for $29499 (AWD GT) with dealer installed nav. I also got him to throw in the crossbars for the roof rails which were already on the car. I'll get the nav and crossbars when they come in. Replacing a 2014 that I rolled trying to avoid a deer on snow-covered roads. I walked away virtually unscathed from the totaled car. Roof pillars held up well.
I have no idea why this image is upside down. It's right-side up when I go to the address:

Glad you're OK --- but next time, just hit the deer. Swerving to avoid a deer is about the worst thing possible -- You have a high chance of hitting something else (whether that's another car or a tree)

Pretty much just what I paid for mine in the Chicago area as well. I think you will be pleased with the snow handling although we certainly did not receive the amounts they were predicting so you will just have to wait I guess to see for yourself :)

Excited to write my post and share my nice purchase experience in N Ca. We've just brought home our 2016.5 white AWD GT with tech pkg, roof rail, & bumper guard. MSRP $32,500 & we paid $29,500 in plus tax. The salesman let us have several options like all weather mats a little below invoice. He was never pushy. We communicated via email a few times. I did send inquires to several dealers before I contacted him. None was even close to his offer. I worried about about a demo but was happy to see only 6 miles on the it. I got to the dealership 30 min before closing & it took 20 minutes for the test drive. The staff were very patient and got us taken care quickly. They even threw in an extended power train warranty to 100k miles for free. It was the most pleasant car buying experience.

3 of our last 5 vehicles were Subaru's. Hope the AWD will work well. It's the only thing that worries me. Otherwise, I love it!

It's the unknown. I read contradicting reports from owners, the Ice Academy, etc. It's nothing like personal experience. I will have the answer when the next big snow storm hits.

It's the unknown. I read contradicting reports from owners, the Ice Academy, etc. It's nothing like personal experience. I will have the answer when the next big snow storm hits.

The only owners who have questioned it's effectiveness have never driven a CX-5 in the snow! (rofl2)

Kinda like the Subaru owners who claim the Subaru AWD is superior (because everyone knows Subaru AWD is superior). (whistle)

Got several quotes on 2016 GT AWD + Tech Package + Red. MSRP is $32,155. The lowest sales price so far is $28,696. It has a rear bumper guard, cargo cover, roof rails and door sill trim plates.

Dealer also offered
Free Oil changes for life
Free State inspection for life
engine guaranteed for life
parts and service guaranteed for life
free towing for life

My only concern is that I searched the vin# provided by the dealer on Mazda Recall website. This vehicle is in the recalled list and the status is recall incomplete. The dealer guaranteed that the recall was done and would not sell a vehicle with "recall incomplete" 'cause it's illegal.

Is this a good deal? Does my concern matters?

I live in Virginia.

Thank you, guys. Need your suggestions.

Got several quotes on 2016 GT AWD + Tech Package + Red. MSRP is $32,155. The lowest sales price so far is $28,696. It has a rear bumper guard, cargo cover, roof rails and door sill trim plates.

Dealer also offered
free towing for life

My only concern is that I searched the vin# provided by the dealer on Mazda Recall website. This vehicle is in the recalled list and the status is recall incomplete. The dealer guaranteed that the recall was done and would not sell a vehicle with "recall incomplete" 'cause it's illegal.

I live in Virginia.

That's a hell of a price if it's the selling price before any incentives etc. I'd be all over that deal...

Just realized that Canadians don't have the beige/light leather interior with white paint colour exterior. Playing around with the American website, this is a valid combination but not on the Canadian site. Can anyone confirm? Haven't had a chance to pop in a dealership yet.

It exists in Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dealer also offered
free towing for life

I live in Virginia.

YES! Go sign the papers tomorrow. I don't know how you got that deal but it's the best I've ever seen on here, especially with all the accessories and added services!!!

I got my 2016 AWD + Tech + Red for $29,400 (before taxes) with none of the accessories or lifetime services. My dealer did throw in 3 years of oil changes and tire rotation but, still not close to your deal.

Regarding your concern, it's legit but I would take the dealer's word for it. Most likely they've fixed the issue.

Last edited:
YES! Go sign the papers tomorrow. I don't know how you got that deal but it's the best I've ever seen on here, especially with all the accessories and added services!!!

I got my 2016 AWD + Tech + Red for $29,400 (before taxes) with none of the accessories or lifetime services. My dealer did throw in 3 years of oil changes and tire rotation but, still not close to your deal.

Regarding your concern, it's legit but I would take the dealer's word for it. Most likely they've fixed the issue.

Thanks for your reply!

Picked up my 2016 AWD GT+Tech on Saturday. Changed my mind after I arrived at the dealer and ended up with a white one with parchment interior.

MSRP: $32,785 (with roof rack, cargo cover, all weather floor mats, rear bumper paint protection, wheel locks)

Sales price: $28,586 after $500 finance rebate and $500 loyalty rebate

OTD: $29,976

Dealer also offered lifetime (only available in this specific dealership):
Engine guaranteed
Oil and filter changes
Parts & Service guaranteed
State inspections
Towing guaranteed

My last 2004 Mazda 6 was totaled in an accident three weeks ago. It had no issues and did a very good job when protecting me from the accident. I am so excited to get a new Mazda for myself. Love it!

Thanks for your reply!

Picked up my 2016 AWD GT+Tech on Saturday. Changed my mind after I arrived at the dealer and ended up with a white one with parchment interior.

MSRP: $32,785 (with roof rack, cargo cover, all weather floor mats, rear bumper paint protection, wheel locks)

Sales price: $28,586 after $500 finance rebate and $500 loyalty rebate

OTD: $29,976

Dealer also offered lifetime (only available in this specific dealership):
Engine guaranteed
Oil and filter changes
Parts & Service guaranteed
State inspections
Towing guaranteed

My last 2004 Mazda 6 was totaled in an accident three weeks ago. It had no issues and did a very good job when protecting me from the accident. I am so excited to get a new Mazda for myself. Love it!

Crazy deal man!!! Great job with your negotiations. Welcome onboard :)

Looking at my first Mazda purchase
2016 (not 2016.5) CX5 GT AWD with Tech Package & Soul Red paint
List $32,155
They have offered $30,405 Almost 5.5% off
I have done no negotiation beyond this price
Because its a 2016 they are offering 0.9% financing which is why I need to move on this very soon because there are only a few 2016s left and the 2016.5 won't qualify for that financing.

Am I likely to do any better? I really hate the negotiation game and I don't have all day to spend haggling over this.

Feedback?

Last edited:
Back