What did you pay for your CX-5?

Mine is 2016 AWD CX-5 Grand Touring with Tech and iActiveSense. Color: Soul Red. Accessories: rear bumper guard, wheel locks, all weather floor mats, cargo mat. Location: NJ. Price pre-tax, licensing, registration: $31895.00. OTD: $34000. Financed thru Chase Auto Finance @ dealer at 0%, 60 months. $500 down.

Which dealership in NJ?

What do you respond when a dealer asks you to see another dealer's quote you want them to beat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone.
I was offered the following deal:
MSRP/Market Value 30,800 for 2016 FWD CX5 GT including Tech package (+200 for metallic paint)
Negotiated down to 27,850 but CA sales tax/title/license brought final price up to 30,750 OTD.
I told the dealer I would take it for 30k even. Should I hold out or is this a good deal?

Just got my base 2016 CX-5 GT FWD in Meteor Gray in Los Angeles, CA.

MSRP: $29,100

Selling Price: $26,500 (includes $500 Mazda finance rebate)
Tax: $2,126.40
Doc Fee: $80

OTD: $29,014.15

Just bought mine last Saturday (12/19) in Ohio.

2016 GT, AWD with Tech, Deep Crystal Blue
Accessories: All weather mats, bumper guard, and cargo tray

Price: 30,010 (w/ 500 rebate)
250 - doc fee
20 - title and transfer
~2k tax

Grand total ~32,250 OTD

This is a bit of an approximation as I had a trade and service contract involved too. Left those out to keep the math simpler.

Hi all,

New to the Mazda community as of yesterday! So happy to be the new owner of a CX-5. I got my 2016 Touring AWD (Base) in White Pearl (door edge guards were already on the car - free). OTD = 25.8k in the DC DMV area. I apologize I don't remember the specific breakdown. I know processing fee was $499 and I received the recent graduate, end of the year incentive, and financed with Mazda. I initially used TrueCar and bought the price down from there. Not sure if it was the best deal but I did most of all my negotiations via e-mail, so not complaining since I don't like face-to-face haggling.

I did hear them that they are trying to clear the inventory to get ready for the 2016.5 so good deals are to be had! Good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:
I appreciate everyone here posting up their prices paid for their CX-5. This thread has helped me a great deal in finding a good price. I got my CX-5 yesterday and Im quite happy with my purchase.

2016 CX-5 FWD Grand touring with no packages. Fremont, CA
MSRP=29,100
Selling price=26,596 (I went with the 0% financing and I didnt qualify for any other rebates)
Sales tax at 9.5%= 2,527
Doc Fee and registration= 380
Total OTD=$29,502

Last edited:
I paid for my 2016 CX-5 AWD GT model 26,071$ US taxes included.

At that price it also included 4x 17" winter mags, 4x winter tires, weathertech floor mats and cargo tray, 1x oil change, 1x water repellent treatment and MY START remote car starter.

Last edited:
I paid for my 2016 CX-5 AWD GT model 26,071$ US taces included.

At that price it alao included 4x 17" winter mags, 4x winter tires, weathertech floor mats and cargo tray, 1x oil change, 1x water repellent treatment and MY START remote car starter.

That's a good price, did you get your CX5 in the US? If yes, do you know if the warranty carries over to Canadian soil?

Last edited:
With the Canadian Loonie now trading at $0.72 to the USD... is this a compelling reason for someone in the states to purchase a vehicle in Canada?

That's a good price, did you get your CX5 in the US? If yes, do you know if the warranty carries over to Canadian soil?

I bought it in Canada.

The biggest Mazda dealer in the world is in Quebec :)

Hi all,

New to the Mazda community as of yesterday! So happy to be the new owner of a CX-5. I got my 2016 Touring AWD (Base) in White Pearl (door edge guards were already on the car - free). OTD = 25.8k in the DC DMV area. I apologize I don't remember the specific breakdown. I know processing fee was $499 and I received the recent graduate, end of the year incentive, and financed with Mazda. I initially used TrueCar and bought the price down from there. Not sure if it was the best deal but I did most of all my negotiations via e-mail, so not complaining since I don't like face-to-face haggling.

I did hear them that they are trying to clear the inventory to get ready for the 2016.5 so good deals are to be had! Good luck to everyone else!

Hi, could you please share which dealer you went to ? I am in market for Mazda CX5 2016. I live in DC metro area.

I'm new to the Mazda family and really enjoying the CX-5. I came from a BMW 328i and really appreciate how well the CX-5 handles for a CUV.

I bought the CX-5 on December 30 in North Carolina. It's a 2016 GT FWD with Tech and iActivesense packages, Titanium Flash Mica with Parchment interior, carpeted cargo mat ($60), rear bumper guard ($100), Roof Rack Side Rails ($275) and wheel locks ($55):

MSRP: $32,595
Discount: 1,533
Net: $31,062
Doc Fee: 299
Tax: 941

Price OTD: $32,370

I financed with Mazda Finance (actually Chase) at 0.9% for 63 months. I really wanted the Titanium Flash and Parchment and this was the only GT with both packages I could find in NC.

Last edited:
I'm looking at a 2016 AWD Touring with the Bose/Moonroof package, plus a roof rack and remote start for $29,100 and that's out the door. Good price?

I'm looking at a 2016 AWD Touring with the Bose/Moonroof package, plus a roof rack and remote start for $29,100 and that's out the door. Good price?

It is difficult to give feedback with the pricing information you provided because tax, title and registration costs vary depending on your location. It is probably best to list your MSRP and your quoted price before tax, title and registration.

For reference, my MSRP was $33,810 and I paid $31,900 before tax, title and registration. I was not eligible for any cash incentives or rebates.

It is difficult to give feedback with the pricing information you provided because tax, title and registration costs vary depending on your location. It is probably best to list your MSRP and your quoted price before tax, title and registration.

For reference, my MSRP was $33,810 and I paid $31,900 before tax, title and registration. I was not eligible for any cash incentives or rebates.

They have this CX-5 listed for $28,475. They gave me the $500 Mazda loyalty incentive and I negotiated the out-the-door price down to $29,100 out the door.

I paid for my 2016 CX-5 AWD GT model 26,071$ USD taxes included.

At that price it also included 4x 17" winter mags, 4x winter tires, weathertech floor mats and cargo tray, 1x oil change, 1x water repellent treatment and MY START remote car starter.

Still tooting my own horn on this one :D

Back