What did you pay for your CX-5?

It was mostly what I negotiated down but includes $750 rebate for taking finance from Mazda.

Cool...

Based on your location, I think I got a quote from the same dealership...If so, they were about $600 more than the lowest quote I've gotten so far...

Feel free to PM me, and hopefully we both can solidify great deals...

Cool...

Based on your location, I think I got a quote from the same dealership...If so, they were about $600 more than the lowest quote I've gotten so far...

Feel free to PM me, and hopefully we both can solidify great deals...

I went ahead and bought it as it was a bit urgent.

Thanks. I see better pricing at Tonkin but I don't want to deal with the $750 incentive for taking "standard 4-5%" rate. I have a 1.49% loan preapproved from PenFed that I could refinance to after 3 months but I'd rather just pay the dealer and have my loan through the credit union.

$75, which is the max they can charge based on Oregon DMV laws. This did not differ between dealerships in Oregon. Then standard $273 for registration, license plates, title. $348 total, same between all dealerships.

Yes, Royal Moore. I was set to buy from Gladstone at $30,500, but Royal Moore finally called me back and asked what they had to do to get my business, be it $200 or $100 less. I said $200 less and they came back with $100 less ($30,400). The lifetime power train warranty was slightly more appealing than the "Green Car" package that Gladstone offered. They essentially claimed to have sold it to me at their E pricing, which is Employee pricing, which is fairly accurate, as I saw the Employee pricing at Herzog-Meier.

Thanks. I see better pricing at Tonkin but I don't want to deal with the $750 incentive for taking "standard 4-5%" rate. I have a 1.49% loan preapproved from PenFed that I could refinance to after 3 months but I'd rather just pay the dealer and have my loan through the credit union.

What's your best price on a GT AWD w/Tech so far, not including any rebates etc?

HAve not quoted GT as I am not interested.

I see mid 23's for a Touring AWD with no additional options. But I'd have to add $750 to those prices for not taking "standard" Mazda Capital Services financing.

Edit: Got a quot on a AWD GT: $30,662 from Kiefer in Eugene.

What's your best price on a GT AWD w/Tech so far, not including any rebates etc?

Last edited:
HAve not quoted GT as I am not interested.

I see mid 23's for a Touring AWD with no additional options. But I'd have to add $750 to those prices for not taking "standard" Mazda Capital Services financing.

Edit: Got a quot on a AWD GT: $30,662 from Kiefer in Eugene.

Thanks for the reply! Hmm, maybe my price is actually a pretty good one...decisions, decisions...

I bought a FWD 2016 CX5 GT. I told the dealer I wanted a white Gran Touring base model only with no packages with dark interior and the closest one he had on the lot had roof rails and pin stripe already added. Sticker was 31+ but actually got it for 27500 plus ttl. I emailed a few other dealers and this was the best price I was offered and this dealer matched it (dealer was closer to my home). This was a little under the great price section listed at True Car so I thought I got a decent deal. The dealer screwed up and thought it came with the SD navigation card and after he mentioned it to his boss his boss then made him give it to us for free. A couple days later I did get another email from the dealer that I got the original quote from and he mentioned he could probably save me a few hundred dollars more so I probably could have got a little bit better price on the car but all in all I'm satisfied.

Krychekxf, if you don't mind, what dealership in Houston did you end up buying from? I've only been to Joe Myers off 290 for a test drive so I haven't tried comparing prices between dealerships yet. I'm looking at getting a CX-5 in the next couple of months.

So who went shopping this weekend?

I got an offer (matched by 2 additional dealerships) for MSRP - $2200 -$500 (Loyalty - we have a CX-9) on a Touring Trim level 2016 CX-5. The one I was considering only had the roof rails and rear bumper plate options ~$25075 + ~$350 fees here in Oregon (no Sales Tax). I think one of the 3 would have taken $25K OTD with the Nav SD Card (i.e. ~another $500 off). I did not offer but I was tempted.

I've been thinking about taking the leap of faith on a 2015 Cherokee. For the same money, I am looking at 3.2L V6, Tow Package, Cold Weather (heated wheel, remote start), 8.4" UConnect Infotainment, Active Drive 2 (real Low AWD). I live near the mountains where we get decent snow so the ability to have a true locking center diff is appealing to me. The other options are to spen under $22K for one without the locking diff.

I think I will go drive the CX-5 this week to make a final decision.

Kinda went shopping. Well, told myself I was buying this weekend and didn't. I'm like you now and have 2 dealers at the same price roughly, but feel they can come down another $500 or so. If they do, I think I am prepared this time to go get the car later this week/end. Only option I want besides tech package (want the LEDs etc, don't really care for the Nav) is the Remote Start, and they're wanting too much for install, and I personally think a $30k car these days should come with it Standard. Any who, best of luck to us, and hopefully we both have successful buying stories to share soon...

Yes, GL to you as well. New incentives coming out tomorrow. I can't imagine they will be worse. It may not be month end but dealers still have quarterly and annual incentives to get cars sold. Holiday sales may also be starting.

Settled on a 2016 CX-5 FWD GT with tech/I-activsense packages $32,105 MSRP

Went back and forth with several dealers in SoCal, some of whom wouldn't negotiate by email.

Got mine from the closest dealer for a bit more than $2500 off MSRP - the last $300 off was hard to get, but I bought on 10/31 and my salesperson needed the sale to get his bonus.

Mazda extended warranty 9 years/75k miles was $1220 (was told dealer cost is $1020) - no deductible.

No other addons and they weren't pushy about it, fortunately.

Hope that helps anyone who is looking to buy.

Can you please confirm if your discount from MSRP included any incentives like loyalty, student, or military?

Settled on a 2016 CX-5 FWD GT with tech/I-activsense packages $32,105 MSRP

Went back and forth with several dealers in SoCal, some of whom wouldn't negotiate by email.

Got mine from the closest dealer for a bit more than $2500 off MSRP - the last $300 off was hard to get, but I bought on 10/31 and my salesperson needed the sale to get his bonus.

Mazda extended warranty 9 years/75k miles was $1220 (was told dealer cost is $1020) - no deductible.

No other addons and they weren't pushy about it, fortunately.

Hope that helps anyone who is looking to buy.

no military/conquest/loyalty or other

Can you please confirm if your discount from MSRP included any incentives like loyalty, student, or military?

No incentives -- I didn't finance (so that was out), no recent student or military, and no current Mazda owner incentive.

Krychekxf, if you don't mind, what dealership in Houston did you end up buying from? I've only been to Joe Myers off 290 for a test drive so I haven't tried comparing prices between dealerships yet. I'm looking at getting a CX-5 in the next couple of months.

I bought the car from Joe Meyers on 290. They matched the quote that I had got from Jeff Haas Mazda.

No incentives -- I didn't finance (so that was out), no recent student or military, and no current Mazda owner incentive.

Nice. That's pretty consistent with the deal I had. I think there was a few hundred more in there for me and your discount + loyalty would have put me in the same area as you. Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks...I started with TrueCar, and my dealer, John Hine emailed me a better price than TrueCar --- it was matched by a couple of other dealers, but I insisted that anyone else BEAT the price, so that's when I was able to move the price lower.

I think it really does help when you start test driving about a week before the end of the month or quarter (or end of the year), and plan on purchasing on the very last day of that time frame. There is a lot of motivation to sell then, and if you have the time to wait it out, it is to your advantage. I was surprised about the discounts offered as I think the CX-5 is selling pretty well.

Back