What did you pay for your CX-5?

New member here, hopefully new CX-5 owner in the next week or two. Here is what I've been quoted between two dealers who are competing for me, let me know what you guys think:

2016 Sonic Silver CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
Options/Accessories:
- Tech Package
- Roof Rack, Side Rails

Current Dealer Offer: $30,000 OTD (inclusive of $880 destination fee and $348 in local DMV fees) if I do the 0.9% APR financing.

I do not not quality for the $750 leasing loyalty, $500 owner loyalty, $500 military or $250 recent graduate rebates.

that would be a pretty good deal here in NJ....but do check locally (with TrueCar, Edmunds TMV, and Kelly Bluebook) just to make sure you are in the ballpark.

Hey everyone, first time Mazda owner! I was set on getting a Honda HRV, but after test driving it, I was very disappointed with the power. I gave the cx-3 a shot, but it was way too small, so I drove the cx-5 and wow. I loved the drive and look! Since I was already bumping up to a higher class, money was tight so I had to settle for the Sport. So I ended up with a '16 CX-5 Sport AWD in Meteor Grey Mica with rear view cam, fog lights and that's it. $25.8k out the door. I wish I could have sprung for the Touring...next one!

TrueCar had it at $25,200 before tax title reg fees, so I think I did ok..thoughts?

Hey everyone, first time Mazda owner! I was set on getting a Honda HRV, but after test driving it, I was very disappointed with the power. I gave the cx-3 a shot, but it was way too small, so I drove the cx-5 and wow. I loved the drive and look! Since I was already bumping up to a higher class, money was tight so I had to settle for the Sport. So I ended up with a '16 CX-5 Sport AWD in Meteor Grey Mica with rear view cam, fog lights and that's it. $25.8k out the door. I wish I could have sprung for the Touring...next one!

TrueCar had it at $25,200 before tax title reg fees, so I think I did ok..thoughts?

Congrats and welcome! I think it's a wise decision to buy more car/less features rather than the other way around. And the CX-5 is a very nice car that comes reasonably well equipped even in the lowest trim level.

Enjoy!

Great choice!

I think you did great! You did NOT settle...but chose wisely! I was new to Mazda Last spring, and have never regretted my own decision...
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

I have an offer for the cx5

White,fwd with tech package
MSRP: $30,805
$3351 off msrp
Plus "customer assurance value of $2384 for free(free lifetime oil changes)
Price is $27,454

OTD is: $29,580
Is this a good price?

I came home tonight with:
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Sonic Silver Metallic
Options/Accessories:
- Tech Package
- Roof Rack, Side Rails

$30,400 OTD (inclusive of $880 destination fee and $348 in local DMV fees, no sales tax in Oregon) at 0.9% over 36 months, no down payment.
We did not qualify for the $500 owner loyalty, $500 military or $250 recent graduate rebates.

Hey bro where did you get that price? I live in PA and my dealer offer me OTD 32,600 for the same car. (2016 CX5 GT AWD+TECH Package+ROOF RACK SIDE RAILS+RETRACTABLE CARGO COVER)

I have an offer for the cx5

White,fwd with tech package
MSRP: $30,805
$3351 off msrp
Plus "customer assurance value of $2384 for free(free lifetime oil changes)
Price is $27,454

OTD is: $29,580
Is this a good price?
That's a great price. I paid 30100 for the configuration OTD in May.

Wanting to finish and lock in a deal on a CX-5. Think I'm almost there. What do you guys think?

2016 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech MSRP $31,855 (including destination)

Offer: $29900 (selling price)
Fees : $ 449 (dealer doc fee)
: $ 411 (taxes, tag, and small misc fees)
Total: $30760
Rebate: -500 (Mazda financing)
OTD: $30260

I would like to add Remote Start...Quote with it $31000 even OTD.

Doesn't seem too bad, but I know there's got to be a way to squeeze some more (-$500)

Thanks for the responses and look forward to being apart of the family around here very soon...

Last edited:
Hey bro where did you get that price? I live in PA and my dealer offer me OTD 32,600 for the same car. (2016 CX5 GT AWD+TECH Package+ROOF RACK SIDE RAILS+RETRACTABLE CARGO COVER)

Hillsboro, Oregon. I shopped between the 3 closest Mazda dealerships. FYI, no sales tax here. I have $30,500 at another dealership, and then this one called me back and asked what they had to do to get me to buy from them. I told them $200 off (so $30,300) and they came back with $30,400). Also, both dealerships are part of the Costco Auto Program, so that factored in my decision since I get a 50% off accessories coupon, up to $200 in savings). So I'm planning to go in today to get all-weather floor mats (x4), cargo tray, rear bumper guard, and front/rear splash guards for $200 (total is $400, but then 50% off).

I came home tonight with:
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Sonic Silver Metallic
Options/Accessories:
- Tech Package
- Roof Rack, Side Rails

$30,400 OTD (inclusive of $880 destination fee and $348 in local DMV fees, no sales tax in Oregon) at 0.9% over 36 months, no down payment.
We did not qualify for the $500 owner loyalty, $500 military or $250 recent graduate rebates.

What doc fee, if any, did the dealer charge.

Hillsboro, Oregon. I shopped between the 3 closest Mazda dealerships. FYI, no sales tax here. I have $30,500 at another dealership, and then this one called me back and asked what they had to do to get me to buy from them. I told them $200 off (so $30,300) and they came back with $30,400). Also, both dealerships are part of the Costco Auto Program, so that factored in my decision since I get a 50% off accessories coupon, up to $200 in savings). So I'm planning to go in today to get all-weather floor mats (x4), cargo tray, rear bumper guard, and front/rear splash guards for $200 (total is $400, but then 50% off).

Was this at Royal Moore? I am X-shopping every dealership in Oregon for a AWD Sport or Touring. So far, they've come in with pretty good numbers.

Toronto Ontario Canada

paid invoice + 3% for GT model(yea i think thats roughly 1100CAD), with 500royalty rebate and 350 financing rebate

paid 2700 for 6 years/120kkm bumper to bumper warranty (since its tech package, i dont like fixing the high tech thingy) (i think i read somewhere, back in 2013 they do 6 year 160kkm for $2300?)

paid 1239 for 4 years financing insurance/premium financing ? (cause i dont have superb credit score, so they are afraid that i cant make up the payment in time)

Hey Guys,

Following is the offer I got for Touring FWD with no packages but includes Roof rail and cargo cover)

MSRP - $26,925
Discount: $3825
After Discount: $23,100
OTD Price Including (Doc fee, Tax and other fees): $24,500

Do you think the price is good?

What doc fee, if any, did the dealer charge.

$75, which is the max they can charge based on Oregon DMV laws. This did not differ between dealerships in Oregon. Then standard $273 for registration, license plates, title. $348 total, same between all dealerships.

Was this at Royal Moore? I am X-shopping every dealership in Oregon for a AWD Sport or Touring. So far, they've come in with pretty good numbers.

Yes, Royal Moore. I was set to buy from Gladstone at $30,500, but Royal Moore finally called me back and asked what they had to do to get my business, be it $200 or $100 less. I said $200 less and they came back with $100 less ($30,400). The lifetime power train warranty was slightly more appealing than the "Green Car" package that Gladstone offered. They essentially claimed to have sold it to me at their E pricing, which is Employee pricing, which is fairly accurate, as I saw the Employee pricing at Herzog-Meier.

Hey Guys,

Following is the offer I got for Touring FWD with no packages but includes Roof rail and cargo cover)

MSRP - $26,925
Discount: $3825
After Discount: $23,100
OTD Price Including (Doc fee, Tax and other fees): $24,500

Do you think the price is good?

What all does the "Discount" entail?

$75, which is the max they can charge based on Oregon DMV laws. This did not differ between dealerships in Oregon. Then standard $273 for registration, license plates, title. $348 total, same between all dealerships.

Awesome. That's the thing, and about the cost difference that has stopped me from pulling the trigger right now. I've had a range from $449-$599, and to top it off, I'm told it's "non-negotiable". Ha, sure it is, you can drop the price of the car a little more (I'm game for $75-200).

Now I do get hooked up here with $300 max sales tax, and about $70 for tag and title. Hoping to wrap up a deal this week...

The funny thing is, a lot of times, they'll tell you they're losing money, but they'll never truly sell you a car unless it benefits them in some way. They may "lose" money on the sale, but if it helps them meet their quote for a sales bonus payout, they're not really losing.

So, is my price listed a few post above a great one, or what should I shoot for? I would like to pull the trigger this weekend, hopefully...

Back