What did you pay for your CX-5?

2015 CX5 Touring FWD Crystal White with BSM, Bose, Moonroof, Cargo and Floor mats, and a few other accessories like some paint protection and wheel locks - 24077 out the door. USAA 60 month @ 1.9%

I am super happy! The also gave me 20500 for my 2014 Sport with 13K. After doing some mountain driving the 2.5 is a much better choice for me and only a small MPG hit.

Can you PM me your salesperson's name?

yesterday & today went to two dealerships in NYC. OTD price for 2015 CX-5 GT model with the following options included: All-Weather Floor Mats, Crystal White Pearl Mica Paint, Rear Bumper Guard, Retractable Cargo Cover, & Wheel Locks were $33k and $32,777. Reasonable price? NYS sales tax 8.875% and about $350 fees (they said it was already a deal since I need a new plate...)

The 0% financing really caught my attention! Just wondering if the price was reasonable? $32,500 maybe? (didn't appear to me that they can go $32k...) Thanks million for ur response!!

Is that including taxes and fees? If not, I think you could get a better deal. The accessories are overpriced and you can get them cheaper aftermarket. I do like my cargo cover and paid $134 for it on ebay.

Is that including taxes and fees? If not, I think you could get a better deal. The accessories are overpriced and you can get them cheaper aftermarket. I do like my cargo cover and paid $134 for it on ebay.

I agree, things can get complicated when you add accessories. i got my allweathermats and cargo mat for $130 online shipped.

take off the tax that's $30139 those accessories aren't worth $1000-2000 at this price it should at least have a tech package

then again I have no idea if there are differences between NY and TX

yes, everything is included (even a new plate).

The $32,777 offered me: $32,500 (today only - Saturday, whatever...) if I add wheel lock only. Otherwise, $32,777 with other options. But yes, everything included! Thanks for the advise!!

As V1raliv mentioned it's not really a good deal unless it also includes the Tech package. I paid $28841 + $2313 in sales tax & $397 in fees (including new license plate fee) for a total of $31551 OTD for a Red 2015 GT with tech. It came with regular floor mats but no other extras but I had a sunroof defector from my previous car that fits and bought the cargo cover online and I can also get the wheel locks if I want. I also bought scuff plates for the plastic interior door trim and can further customize it pretty cheaply on the internet. You need to look at the base price without tax, fees and extras to know if its a good deal or not.

I paid about 28k for a 2015 grand touring after everything including tax and title. in the crystal white..no options though. Looks like your options don't add to over $1,000.

Read through this thread and find something comparable and see what they paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As V1raliv mentioned it's not really a good deal unless it also includes the Tech package. I paid $28841 + $2313 in sales tax & $397 in fees (including new license plate fee) for a total of $31551 OTD for a Red 2015 GT with tech. It came with regular floor mats but no other extras but I had a sunroof defector from my previous car that fits and bought the cargo cover online and I can also get the wheel locks if I want. I also bought scuff plates for the plastic interior door trim and can further customize it pretty cheaply on the internet. You need to look at the base price without tax, fees and extras to know if its a good deal or not.

This is what I've been seeing..about 28-29k with no packages. Add in your accessories or packages against this price to see if your paying more or less than most people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yesterday & today went to two dealerships in NYC. OTD price for 2015 CX-5 GT model with the following options included: All-Weather Floor Mats, Crystal White Pearl Mica Paint, Rear Bumper Guard, Retractable Cargo Cover, & Wheel Locks were $33k and $32,777. Reasonable price? NYS sales tax 8.875% and about $350 fees (they said it was already a deal since I need a new plate...)

Look at the TOTAL sticker price. The dealer should be able to sell you the vehicle for that price minus ~$2500. Then, to that number add your tax/title/license fee.

I think the sales guy used $29,977 , the "invoiced" price, as the starting point. this x NYS sales tax of 8.875% = $32,637 plus $350 fees. Round up to $33,000... I thought maybe $31,000. He said no way. $32,000 reasonable? Haven't try, but can try this week. I doubt though...

Then I went to another one, told him about the $33,000 he offered $32,777 and said "we beat the price."

I agree with everyone else. I paid 29k for a '15 AWD GT with Tech, a little more than 2500 off MSRP. That seems to be about the "average" low price.

Last edited:
msrp $30,705 GT AWD and other accessories, but not include the GT tech package.

if go with other's math, about $2,500 off the msrp, plus tax and fees should be $31,100 plus minus. they offered me $32,777 (the lowest one now), not a good deal lol??

No, I think you should be closer to 28k before TTL. I don't normally negotiate "out the door price" as everyone has to pay TTL based on your location, just refuse to pay anymore than what is state mandated. Based on all the info here, there is defiantly an average and I think you should be able to find a better deal.

Oscar734,
I am also in the NYC area and have been checking around with a few dealers for a quote on a 2015 White GT AWD with and without the tech package. I'm not sure what dealerships you have checked with so far but I am requesting quotes from every dealership in a 40 mile radius of Manhattan. The best prices I have received thus far have been from Mazda of New Rochelle (who basically just matched the Truecar.com price).

White GT AWD (Sand interior) - $28,463 no accessories (includes fees)
White GT AWD w Tech - $30,191 all weather mats, cargo tray (includes fees)

This is obviously not great compared to some of the deals others have gotten here (I'm hoping those deals were without any rebates/incentives as i dont qualify for any of them). I'm trying to get the price down further and still have a couple of weeks before I need the car so I will post back if i get something significantly better than whats listed above.

Yesterday I got a quote of $20,079 (plus tax & fees) for a new 2014 Sport/base model with 6MT from my local dealer.
Has anyone got a manual trans at that price or even lower?
That's the lowest I've seen so far.

I really want AWD and 2.5L motor option, but as you all know manual trans is not offerred with those trim.

Last edited:
Many thanks!! I checked with Koeppel ($33) & Manfredi ("beat them" $32,777). Thinking about going to Wayne Mazda, but reviews from yelp didn't look good. But, thanks again, I will try to keep update as well^^

thanks to philshel! Will try to find one.Thanks to others too!!

Look at the TOTAL sticker price. The dealer should be able to sell you the vehicle for that price minus ~$2500. Then, to that number add your tax/title/license fee.

Great post and very helpful. Can the $2,500 target number be used on the Touring as well or should I shoot for a lower number? MSRP on the Touring is $25,795. Also, does the $2,500 number take into account any of the rebates or bonus cash (mazda owner, military, college grad, etc.) or should those be additional reductions. Thanks!!

Great post and very helpful. Can the $2,500 target number be used on the Touring as well or should I shoot for a lower number? MSRP on the Touring is $25,795. Also, does the $2,500 number take into account any of the rebates or bonus cash (mazda owner, military, college grad, etc.) or should those be additional reductions. Thanks!!

I didn't have any rebates or bonus cash in my discounted price. Dealer hold back may be higher on higher-priced models!

I didn't have any rebates or bonus cash in my discounted price. Dealer hold back may be higher on higher-priced models!

Thanks for the quick reply. Does anyone else have info on the target discount off of MSRP for the Touring? For those that bought a Touring, if you subtract tax/title/licensing since those will vary by location (and don't include any bonus cash), how much off of MSRP did you get? jpaulatkinson has established $2,500 as the target number for the GT. Maybe we can get the same target for the Touring and the Sport.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Oscar734,
I'm also in the Brooklyn area. Looking to purchase a CX-5 within the next few months. I've been to koeppel Mazda and wasn't too happy with the salesperson.

Anyway maybe we can get a better deal if we work together. Have you tried going the truecar.com route? What part of Brooklyn are you in?

Back