What did you pay for your CX-5?

Yes, that was included in the $26,500. Had to pay NC tax of 3%, title, tag. The dealership literally made the numbers match my counteroffer. And I will add it was my first time buying a new car.

*with Roof rack*

Last edited:
Wow you did great. I just finished settling my wants from needs and I want to go with the same Touring in FWD also with a roof rack, I received a quote for:

$24,500 (MSRP:$25,410, not including Roof Rack)
+ TTL (no extra dealer fees)

I am thinking I should still shop around or try to get him to go lower.

Thanks. We emailed many dealerships ahead of time and didn't go into the dealership until I had a quote that I could live with. After we bought, another quote came in that was about the same price so I don't think this is a one-off price. I think it does help to go with quantity when contacting dealerships if you have several in your area. Good luck!

Ok Just Bought a 2014 GT CX-5 AWD - no Tech Package
Roof rack, Wheel Locks, and Bumper guard.

Price before Tax, rebates, trade-in,Licences and ect.
$29,258

After rebates, tax, trade in, and fees.

$26,776

We added GAP and other stuff, but wont add that in.

Feel like we did a good Job...any thoughts?

The $1891 was just part of the dealership's original offer when I asked for their best price. The additional $250 we negotiated on site because I didn't want the roof rack so I wouldn't pay extra for it.

I think -- at least out here in outdoor-centric Colorado -- roof rails add value to the car. Without them, you're driving a street car. With them, you've got potential for outdoor fun. Add crossbars so you're ready to put storage boxes, bike racks and ski racks on, and your car is respected for its readiness for outdoor play. I have a huge Yakima Skybox in my garage but with the amount of storage space available in the CX-5 I'm not sure if I'll use it. BUT, I did have the dealer install roof rails so I could be ready for it.

Great job on your purchase. You should be really satisfied!

Ok Just Bought a 2014 GT CX-5 AWD - no Tech Package
Roof rack, Wheel Locks, and Bumper guard.

Price before Tax, rebates, trade-in,Licences and ect.
$29,258

After rebates, tax, trade in, and fees.

$26,776

We added GAP and other stuff, but wont add that in.

Feel like we did a good Job...any thoughts?

How are we to determine if it's a good price when we don't know the value of your trade and how much your taxes are?

Picked up a 2014 CX-5 AWD Touring in Stormy Blue with Roof Rails on Saturday, July 6 in Silver Spring, MD.

MSRP - $26,660 (includes freight)+ (roof rails $250) (Dealer is installing roof rails) = $26,910
Sale Price - $24,165 + $795 freight/delivery = $24,960
Processing fee - $200

No military or loyalty discount. We weren't eligible. But we did get 0.9% for 60 months financing.
I think we did pretty well. We emailed several dealers and negotiated the price before we even got there. Once I got this price..most other dealers said that this dealer would never honor that and things would change once we got there. But nothing changed..and it was a great car buying experience.

If my calculations are correct I think we got about $1,000 under invoice..invoice seems to be $25,100 without freight.

"Out the door" with taxes and tags was $26,357

Got $4,275 for my trade in and got the number down even further.

Thanks to this thread for all the pointers and help!

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

New CX-5 owner here, first time new car buyer as well. How do you guys think I did?

I got a Red AWD Touring, no packages with the following options:
- SiriusXM
- Wheel Locks
- Auto Dim/Homelink Rear View
- Cargo Tray
- All Weather Mats

It was 26900 before T&T, about 29300 OTD in Reading, PA. Good/bad?

Thanks

sorry for the bump but anyone have any thoughts on this? sorry I'm not trying to be a troll or anything, it's just because this is my first time and I would really like to know if I did good enough. thanks

Hi Guys,

New CX-5 owner here, first time new car buyer as well. How do you guys think I did?

I got a Red AWD Touring, no packages with the following options:
- SiriusXM
- Wheel Locks
- Auto Dim/Homelink Rear View
- Cargo Tray
- All Weather Mats

It was 26900 before T&T, about 29300 OTD in Reading, PA. Good/bad?

Thanks

Hey needmovies, I would say it really depends on where your market is and how many dealers you have in your area. If you can pit them all against each other, you'll get a better deal. If you only have one dealer in the area, they can keep their prices higher and not have to worry about someone stealing their business. The price you got seems to be slightly higher than the average but not that bad. Overall, I would say that's a decent deal for all the extras you got. Enjoy the new toy! Welcome to the "family".

How are we to determine if it's a good price when we don't know the value of your trade and how much your taxes are?

Not sure what you mean since I said it was 26776 after rebates, trade in, tax and fees.
Here is the break down. Please keep in mind I don’t have the numbers in front of me but I’ll try and be accurate as possible.

Price 29,258
- 500 rebate
-3800 trade
-750 down
Tax and Fees
= $26,776

Is the 29258 a fair price?
The other stuff is subjective because of various tax rates and value of people’s trade in ect. I don’t know the tax, but I know the end price after all was said and done was 26,776. Tax rate is like 9% (not 100 % sure either 8.9 or 9.2 %).

Last edited:
Picked up a 2014 FWD Touring with Tech, Bose/Moonroof, roof rack, & cargo tray for 26,650 (before tax, title, & doc fee).

I'm giddy to be driving a Mazda again after a few years behind the wheel of an old Honda CR-V. Zoom zoom!

hello all,
newbie that's been secretly reading and observing costs across the nation and just bought the CX-5 Touring for the wife.

i negotiated an OTD cost and he proposed $27,350.35 and was able to drop that down to $27,000 flat. This included everything (doc + tax + lic). i also received the mazda loyalty discount of $500 for owning a mazda3 (my current ride).

breakdown:
2014 (Silver) Mazda CX-5 Touring with the Bose/Moonroof package
MSRP: $26,540
Invoice: $25,710
Before taxes : $24,890 (before taxes)
+ Doc Fee + License + Tax + Tire Waste fee (some CA requirement) = $27,000

if anyone is in the greater LA area, i recommend Alhambra Mazda. dealt with a Bill Tang and he didn't try anything sneaky.

so far feels great and happy with the purchase!

hello all,
newbie that's been secretly reading and observing costs across the nation and just bought the CX-5 Touring for the wife.

i negotiated an OTD cost and he proposed $27,350.35 and was able to drop that down to $27,000 flat. This included everything (doc + tax + lic). i also received the mazda loyalty discount of $500 for owning a mazda3 (my current ride).

breakdown:
2014 (Silver) Mazda CX-5 Touring with the Bose/Moonroof package
MSRP: $26,540
Invoice: $25,710
Before taxes : $24,890 (before taxes)
+ Doc Fee + License + Tax + Tire Waste fee (some CA requirement) = $27,000

if anyone is in the greater LA area, i recommend Alhambra Mazda. dealt with a Bill Tang and he didn't try anything sneaky.

so far feels great and happy with the purchase!
That's a great deal! Welcome.
Lowest I can get an AWD Touring(no Bose/Moonroof) for my parents so far is $25,618 bf TTL.

That's a great deal! Welcome.
Lowest I can get an AWD Touring(no Bose/Moonroof) for my parents so far is $25,618 bf TTL.

to clarify, i got the FWD, not the AWD. :p
also interesting to note is that in the breakdown (don't have it with me right now) i did not see any mention of a 'destination fee' of $795 which i thought they would charge.

to clarify, i got the FWD, not the AWD. :p
also interesting to note is that in the breakdown (don't have it with me right now) i did not see any mention of a 'destination fee' of $795 which i thought they would charge.
Yes, I know you got FWD, the price for the AWD & Bose/Moonroof are about the same.
Nice you got the destination fee waived too.

Been asking around for OTD prices in the Bay Area (California)...
Is $26,850 a good price for a Sky Blue Touring AWD?
What about $28,900 OTD on a Soul Red Touring AWD w/ Moonroof + Bose Audio

These are just off email quotes on OTD.. Still haven't went in to negotiate with dealers since I'm a bit uncertain which one I want. I want moonroof and possibly the bose audio package, but paying the extra ~$2k..

Been asking around for OTD prices in the Bay Area (California)...
Is $26,850 a good price for a Sky Blue Touring AWD?
What about $28,900 OTD on a Soul Red Touring AWD w/ Moonroof + Bose Audio

These are just off email quotes on OTD.. Still haven't went in to negotiate with dealers since I'm a bit uncertain which one I want. I want moonroof and possibly the bose audio package, but paying the extra ~$2k..

Bose audio and Moonroof come together in one package that should only add ~$1100 to the invoice cost of the car.

Bose audio and Moonroof come together in one package that should only add ~$1100 to the invoice cost of the car.

Yeah, but the OTD price from the same dealer pretty much increased by $2,000. I was expecting it to be around $28,000 OTD when equipped with the Moonroof + Bose

Hey needmovies, I would say it really depends on where your market is and how many dealers you have in your area. If you can pit them all against each other, you'll get a better deal. If you only have one dealer in the area, they can keep their prices higher and not have to worry about someone stealing their business. The price you got seems to be slightly higher than the average but not that bad. Overall, I would say that's a decent deal for all the extras you got. Enjoy the new toy! Welcome to the "family".

Thanks Mike. Yeah I have 3 Mazda dealerships within a 45 minute drive from my house. I got two of them to price match and try to beat each other. I thought I got a very good deal compared from the "fair market" prices on edmunds and kbb. I'm happy though even if it's a bit higher than average. It's a good learning experience anyways, I'll definitely do better next time.

Back