What did you pay for your CX-5?

This is what I posted a few pages back. I live in Los Angeles.

2014 CX-5 FWD Grand Touring (w/ Tech Package)
Vehicle: $27,521.48
Doc Fees: $109
Sales Tax: $2,484.13
DMV Fees: $287.75
Total: $30,402.36
He needs to bring your Chinese parents to get this deal.
I'm Chinese too & fo sure we want to pay the least possible.

CX5 2014 GT AWD/TECH and ROOF RAILS

He needs to bring your Chinese parents to get this deal.
I'm Chinese too & fo sure we want to pay the least possible.

Guess,,,i got an excellent deal for my Stromy blue mica/Sand interior CX5 GT AWD/TECH PACKAGE Plus ROOF RAILS included ,,,,,,drum roll.......OTD Price $31,138 with 1.9% 60ms... picking up next saturday..can't wait to hit the road......very happy with deal...all done by email not even phone....was all approved this morning by mazda credit....

Guess,,,i got an excellent deal for my Stromy blue mica/Sand interior CX5 GT AWD/TECH PACKAGE Plus ROOF RAILS included ,,,,,,drum roll.......OTD Price $31,138 with 1.9% 60ms... picking up next saturday..can't wait to hit the road......very happy with deal...all done by email not even phone....was all approved this morning by mazda credit....
Nice, congrats, isn't there 0.9% financing available? Or only for qualified buyers.

cx5 GT/tech

Nice, congrats, isn't there 0.9% financing available? Or only for qualified buyers.

Yeah, 0.9% 36ms and 1.9% 60ms and 3.49% 72mns well these are the options available at my dealership ..but I'm very satisfied..

Anyone know there a good dealer in socal, I try edmund for price check most dealer doesn't want to give out price via email. Only 2 dealer getting back to me with %28500 without tech package. should I try end of the month?

Anyone know there a good dealer in socal, I try edmund for price check most dealer doesn't want to give out price via email. Only 2 dealer getting back to me with %28500 without tech package. should I try end of the month?

I also used stuff like that to get internet quotes. Edmunds, truecar, autotrader.....etc. They don't work.

If you want an online quote, directly email the sales departments at the dealerships you want quotes from. Every dealer has dedicated internet sales people. If they don't give you anything through email, then call them. If they still don't give you anything, don't use anymore time on them because they really aren't trying hard to earn your sale...because (and this is really the #1 thing) don't waste your time and go to the dealership.

Unless you have to buy from them (ie, they are the only dealer near you), it's never going to be worth your time to deal there. Talk from your home and you can talk to more dealers at the same time and make them work for you.

You don't have to wait until the end of the month to get a deal you'll be happy with. But you might have to expand your range (eg, how far would you go to pick-up the car and would it be worth it for the money you save?).

Is that the sales price or the drive-out price? If it's the sales price, that's pretty much sticker price, right? Are the local dealers really not willing to at least offer something below sticker?

The above is true. I bought 2 cars at the beginning of the month. 4/3 & 2/2 & gotten good deals.
Yea, don't waste your time if they won't give you a quote.
They'll tell you to come in & test drive, blah, blah...

This is what I posted a few pages back. I live in Los Angeles.

2014 CX-5 FWD Grand Touring (w/ Tech Package)
Vehicle: $27,521.48
Doc Fees: $109
Sales Tax: $2,484.13
DMV Fees: $287.75
Total: $30,402.36

That is just a ridiculous price, especially if you got one of the premium colors and any accessories. I feel great about what we paid for the pearl white with a few things thrown in and we still paid 1200 more than you before TT&L (and dealer doc fees). Your 9% sales tax sucks though, our final prices are only $450 apart.

After lurking on this thread and the Edmunds forum threads, I had an idea of what I wanted to pay. Worked with a couple of Internet Sales Reps in the LA area until I found pricing that reflected one of the lowest (if not the lowest) off invoice I've seen. With a little bit of work (and possibly luck), I was able to negotiate a great deal:

2014 CX-5 FWD Touring with Bose/Moonroof and Tech
White Pearl
Roof Rails
Bumper Guard
Wheel Locks

$26,134 + TTL

I love my CX-5. Best CUV on the market under $30k!

Maybe it won't interest anyone here, but in Italy the situation is very similar: no discounts and 3 to 5 months of waiting time, if you want to personalize your CX-5.
And for these reasons (not only our recession) CX-5 sellings are very low in Italy, while Hyundai ix35s that are very aggressively offered, show growing market shares, despite their lower (in my opinion) quality.
Fortunately I found a demo 2.0L dealer car with only 750km that no one wanted (in Italy more than 80% of SUVs have diesel engines) and could get it with a 20% discount (28.000 instead of 34.400 including some accessories)! I went 200km far from home to take it but it's worth it!

Last edited:
After lurking on this thread and the Edmunds forum threads, I had an idea of what I wanted to pay. Worked with a couple of Internet Sales Reps in the LA area until I found pricing that reflected one of the lowest (if not the lowest) off invoice I've seen. With a little bit of work (and possibly luck), I was able to negotiate a great deal:

2014 CX-5 FWD Touring with Bose/Moonroof and Tech
White Pearl
Roof Rails
Bumper Guard
Wheel Locks

$26,134 + TTL

I love my CX-5. Best CUV on the market under $30k!

Congratulations, duckymazda. You got a super deal similar to user13398's. Did you negotiate your price off of invoice when comparing dealers and did they have your exact model (color and options)l in inventory or did they have to do a dealer swap? Also, can you PM your dealer/sales rep info? I hope to be in a position to buy by the end of this month and any help would be greatly appreciated. What an amazing and useful forum.

Welcome and congratulations on your new chariot, Loximoto! I'm curious what your fuel consumption will be on longer trips with the 2.0L engine in the higher compression/high octane version.

Thank you Mike!
For now I've used it almost only in the city. Because of the traffic and the many up and downhills we have (AT doesn't help), my consumption is an embarassing 19,6 MPG. But I made only 350 km and usually my city/highway rate is different than this. I'll put the Fuelly tag in my signature, hoping it'll display better figures.

Last edited:
Any body knows whats the difference between two gt/tech package one comes with bi-xenon and other tech package comes with xenon...r they in two separate price catagories? Someone help me coz i'm picking up mine this coming saturday...

Any body knows whats the difference between two gt/tech package one comes with bi-xenon and other tech package comes with xenon...r they in two separate price catagories? Someone help me coz i'm picking up mine this coming saturday...
The Touring Tech Package on the Touring trim doesn't have the Advanced Keyless Entry & adds rain sensing wipers bc Touring doesn't come with them.

Congratulations, duckymazda. You got a super deal similar to user13398's. Did you negotiate your price off of invoice when comparing dealers and did they have your exact model (color and options)l in inventory or did they have to do a dealer swap? Also, can you PM your dealer/sales rep info? I hope to be in a position to buy by the end of this month and any help would be greatly appreciated. What an amazing and useful forum.

I worked with Joshua Teets from Puente Hills Mazda. To level set the negotiation, I worked off of invoice on the various dealers I worked with and asked for their best pricing up front. Josh was actually great - very up front and to the point. PH Mazda is the best dealership I've ever worked with - very CS friendly. Josh was patient as my wife and I finally picked our color and options. He located a vehicle coming from the port and held it for me to pick up that evening. I picked up the car with 3 miles on it :).

I worked with Joshua Teets from Puente Hills Mazda. To level set the negotiation, I worked off of invoice on the various dealers I worked with and asked for their best pricing up front. Josh was actually great - very up front and to the point. PH Mazda is the best dealership I've ever worked with - very CS friendly. Josh was patient as my wife and I finally picked our color and options. He located a vehicle coming from the port and held it for me to pick up that evening. I picked up the car with 3 miles on it :).

Thanks, duckymazda, for all the useful information. I will be in the area tomorrow so I may touch base with him. Nice to hear.that your buying experience went smoothly and well. Since the port is so close to L.A., it seems like they have no problem locating the model, options, and color you want. Hope that you are enjoying your new ride.

Hey everyone. I'm thinking of purchasing a Mazda CX-5 so I decided to register instead of lurking. :) Anyhow, I'm looking to purchase a 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring with Technology Package. I was offered the below deal after some negotiating:

VEHICLE: $28,900.00
TAX: $1,806.25
DOC FEE: $150.00
LICENSE FEE: $180.10
PRE-TOTAL: $31,036.35
LOYALTY REBATE: -$500.00
GRAND TOTAL: $30,506.25

I'm going to ask for the break down on the license fee and ask them to halve the document fee (never hurts to try). So, this looks to be fairly decent, right?

Hey everyone. I'm thinking of purchasing a Mazda CX-5 so I decided to register instead of lurking. :) Anyhow, I'm looking to purchase a 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring with Technology Package. I was offered the below deal after some negotiating:

VEHICLE: $28,900.00
TAX: $1,806.25
DOC FEE: $150.00
LICENSE FEE: $180.10
PRE-TOTAL: $31,036.35
LOYALTY REBATE: -$500.00
GRAND TOTAL: $30,506.25

I'm going to ask for the break down on the license fee and ask them to halve the document fee (never hurts to try). So, this looks to be fairly decent, right?
This is on a FWD? Definitely take off all the $150 doc fee and take off another $500. The price you listed above is about what I paid for my AWD, the MSRP is $1250 more than the FWD

This is on a FWD? Definitely take off all the $150 doc fee and take off another $500. The price you listed above is about what I paid for my AWD, the MSRP is $1250 more than the FWD

MATR6, please stop using your deal as an example of what people can get unless you point out that you traded in a car in which the dealer was going to attempt to make several thousand on it according to your statement. It not fair to the new people who come here thinking they are getting ripped off by their dealer. I am not saying your deal or good or bad...it just can't be compared to others who have no trade in. So whether they make their profit off the new car your buying or the one your trading in...they are going to make their profit they want just to stay in business.

Back