What did you pay for your CX-5?

First time poster and first time Mazda owner here!

Finally purchased my black 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring, AWD with tech package, remote start and retractable cargo cover. Also included a few other extras like pinstriping, etc upon pick up. Grand total of $32000 OUT-THE DOOR.

Couldn't be happier with my choice thus far!

Finally purchased my black 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring, AWD with tech package, remote start and retractable cargo cover. Also included a few other extras like pinstriping, etc upon pick up. Grand total of $32000 OUT-THE DOOR.

Great pick. Top of the line CX-5 you got there. Question, did you guys test drive other crossovers before deciding on the CX-5 or did you already have your mind set?

Great pick. Top of the line CX-5 you got there. Question, did you guys test drive other crossovers before deciding on the CX-5 or did you already have your mind set?

Thanks! I tested once the Toyota RAV 4 (before the 2013 was released) and the Nissan Rogue. I test drove the CX-5 and the CRV about 4-5 times each. I loved the CX-5 from the get-go, and I thought it handled the best.

No regrets!!!

Just curious with your remote start is it one the same key fob or is it seperate key fob, they told me the did not have the module yet for the 2014 so I have a seperate fob for my remote start. Not liking that at all.

Just curious with your remote start is it one the same key fob or is it seperate key fob, they told me the did not have the module yet for the 2014 so I have a seperate fob for my remote start. Not liking that at all.

Well I had to make an appointment to have it installed...I picked it up before being installed, so I'm assuming ill have the same issue as you. :-/

Well I had to make an appointment to have it installed...I picked it up before being installed, so I'm assuming ill have the same issue as you. :-/

Post up after it is done maybe they got the new modules in for the 2014's and if that's the case I am so swapping my existing one out.(mj)

Taking delivery tomorrow of a 2014 FWD Touring with Bose/Moonroof

I have gone back and forth about what I really needed, wanted and what made the most sense for me. The CX-5 I drove two weeks ago was a FWD Touring with no options. I really wanted the Bose stereo. The features of the GT with Tech are great options but I really didn't need the options, and I was going to go for AWD but I would only use it once a year in Colorado so I decided against it.

I ended up paying $28,026 out the door with very little hassle. That is 26,010 for the car (that is $300 above invoice -- This was a fair deal considering that True Market Value according to edmunds 26,267). The rest of the amount was TT&L. I am happy with my purchase and can't wait to get the car tomorrow. Pictures will be up in the pictures thread as soon as I get around to it.

sxa, I also did went through the same reasoning when I was shopping for my CX5....well wife's CX5 :). I knew that base touring trim level fits the needs but I also wanted the Bose but no moonroof. GT is nice but we because the wife will drive it most of the time, she doesn't care about those features. She even didn't care about the bose system. To be honest, the stock radio in the Touring trim level (6 speaker) sounds fairly good.
You did pretty good for $300 above invoice. It was my high side on my target price. So, by the time you read my comments I am pretty sure you will still have a big smile from end to end driving your car home. (drive)
edit: Touring has 6 speakers while sports has 4 speaker. Bose has 9 speakers

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I've been researching this for a year (and lurking here just about as long!). I'm just about ready to buy a CX-5 GS AWD (Canadian Touring), comming from my trusty-but-rusty 2002 Protege5 (the thing is litteraly falling apart). I haven't seen many price quotes from Canada in this thread since the 2014's came out... Anyone care to share? Anywhere close to Quebec City would be great, but anywhere in Quebec or Canada would be good enough for me to get an idea.

Hi all.

I've been lurking here for the past few weeks as we made a decision to replace my wife's nearly totaled '05 Mazda6. We finally took delivery of a new 2014 CX-5 last night and I thought I'd share our experience as well.

2014 CX-5 GT FWD with tech package, white with black interior, cargo cover, all weather mats and wheel locks.
Sale price of $28,700 +TT&L and meager dealer document fee.

I had several local dealers balk at the price I wanted, but I did find a few in other major cities that were willing to meet or beat my desired pricing. I finally landed on a fantastic salesman that was willing to meet my requirements, my wife's requests and was willing to deliver the vehicle to our home.

Guys, can you tell me if this is a decent deal, I'm going in tomorrow to purchase.

2014 Crystal White Pearl CX-5 FWD GT w/Tech, Sand leather interior
Roof Racks
Retractable Cargo Cover
Price: $29103, $500 under invoice
Los Angeles, CA sales tax 9%
Total Out the Door = $32,156.22

Guys, can you tell me if this is a decent deal, I'm going in tomorrow to purchase.

Roof Racks
Retractable Cargo Cover
Price is ok. My white GT AWD with Tech Package was $29,200 bf TT&L.
So the $1250 difference bt FWD vs AWD equates to the roof rack & cargo cover (just got mine for $144)

Price is ok. My white GT AWD with Tech Package was $29,200 bf TT&L.
So the $1250 difference bt FWD vs AWD equates to the roof rack & cargo cover (just got mine for $144)

Thanks. I'm expecting an offer from another dealer nearby and these guys say they will beat any offer by $300 so I should be able to get it down a little more.

My 2014 has the remote start and it is a separate key fob. Not too nuts about that, but I guess that's because it's not just a start button. There's a led screen on the fob - push a button once and it shows the car with the engine, push it twice and it shows the engine and the rear defrost. Then push start to start whichever you've chosen.
remotestart.jpg

Once you open the door, the car turns off and then you use your "regular fob" to start it. That seemed a bit odd to me too, but I'm new to all this. And if that's the worst thing about the car (which it is, imho) then I guess I can't complain too much.

Roof Racks
Retractable Cargo Cover

Personally, I say no. I got my 2014 GT AWD with retractable cargo cover and a remote start for $32000 even. Tell them they need to do better that that, and good luck!!

Thanks. I'm expecting an offer from another dealer nearby and these guys say they will beat any offer by $300 so I should be able to get it down a little more.
You should be able to knock off another $500 or at least try.
Roof rack is <$300, not installed.
http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-cx5-roofrack-crossbars.html
Do you qualify for any of the incentives? The price I paid includes the $500 Mazda loyalty & they gave me a killer price bc they knew they were gonna make $$ off selling my trade in.

You should be able to knock off another $500 or at least try.
Roof rack is <$300, not installed.
http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-cx5-roofrack-crossbars.html
Do you qualify for any of the incentives? The price I paid includes the $500 Mazda loyalty & they gave me a killer price bc they knew they were gonna make $$ off selling my trade in.

I actually don't even want the roof rack and would just be selling it after I take it off. I bought a Speed3 from them in '07 but I don't own it anymore so I don't think I'll get any other incentive. I'm gonna wait for my competing offer and then take that to them which they claim they'll beat by $300. Should I be shooting for at least $1000 under invoice?

Last edited:
I actually don't even want the roof rack and would just be selling it after I take it off. I bought a Speed3 from them in '07 but I don't own it anymore so I don't think I'll get any other incentive. I'm gonna wait for my competing offer and then take that to them which they claim they'll beat by $300. Should I be shooting for at least $1000 under invoice?
Then don't pay for the roof rack or tell the dealer that gives you the best deal to find the exact car you want & do a dealer trade or find the exact car you want in inventory & use other dealer's quotes for them to beat.

Also if you remove the roof rails, you'll probably need to buy new plastic strips to cover the holes where the rack attached to the roof. Or at least that's what I saw from the thread on the roof rack install.
GL

Last edited:

Roof Racks
Retractable Cargo Cover

This is what I posted a few pages back. I live in Los Angeles.

2014 CX-5 FWD Grand Touring (w/ Tech Package)
Vehicle: $27,521.48
Doc Fees: $109
Sales Tax: $2,484.13
DMV Fees: $287.75
Total: $30,402.36

Back