What did you pay for your CX-5?

I guess I was the only one getting that warm and fuzzy feeling from Garden City Mazda. At least they were not like Giuffre Mazda trying to shove a 2013 down my throat and free 42 inch flat screen TV..... (shady)

I guess I was the only one getting that warm and fuzzy feeling from Garden City Mazda. At least they were not like Giuffre Mazda trying to shove a 2013 down my throat and free 42 inch flat screen TV..... (shady)[/QUOTE

When I was shopping around, I went to Garden City Mazda as well. Would never go back. Hate it.

I am thinking of going to Wantagh Mazda myself. The two other dealers I went to felt kinda shady.

I have been looking for the SAME exact one as you bought. 2014 GT Liq Sil w/Black and Tech pkg......You bought the ONLY one on LI. Atleast thats what other dealerships told me. Enjoy it.

Thanks!

There's others on LI, but with extra options like mats and wheel locks. The mats you'll probably want and maybe you can make a deal. They can always do an exchange with another dealer.

Well, I'm about to pull the trigger... 2014 CX-5 MT

Dealer is offering MSRP - $1000 = $20,990 + 399.99 non-negotiable doc fee (#$%^) + $42 (something else) = $21,431.99. Add to that Tax, Tag and Title (which I left out because if varies by region).

Invoice is (according to Edmunds) $21,384 so basically I'm getting it for about invoice and not paying the doc fee (or getting it about $400 less then invoice and paying the fee - same difference). I might have been able to squeeze some more out of them, but they at least put on a show of it being a good deal and they have the car I want on their lot (not easy with the MT) so I'm going for it! Picking it up Saturday!

Just picked this same car up in the Chicagoland area in Meteor Gray:

$20,784 (Includes the $795 destination fee)
$1,507 Tax @ 7.25%
$208 County Tax @ 1%
$164 Doc fee
$145 Title and plate transfer
($200) 0.9% APR Cash
(-$300) Auto Show Rebate
==
$22,308 OTD

I used the mazdausa.com inventory list to get OTD pricing by VIN from all dealers. Did the whole deed via email and never talked to a person until I went to sign the contract.

Just picked this same car up in the Chicagoland area in Meteor Gray:

$20,784 (Includes the $795 destination fee)
$1,507 Tax @ 7.25%
$208 County Tax @ 1%
$164 Doc fee
$145 Title and plate transfer
($200) 0.9% APR Cash
(-$300) Auto Show Rebate
==
$22,308 OTD

I used the mazdausa.com inventory list to get OTD pricing by VIN from all dealers. Did the whole deed via email and never talked to a person until I went to sign the contract.
Congrats. That's the same method I used.
What dealer did you buy from?
I also put my google voice # so I can screen calls. Most dealers call & tell you to come in & won't even quote a price.

Yup, same here. I just stayed consistent in that I wanted their best OTD price and preferred to do all communication via email at this point.

Pugi ended up being the cheapest by about $450 and were also the easiest to get straight info from.

Nice. I bought mine from Biggers in Eglin.
Avoid Oak Lawn & Roto like the plague.
I have no choice to go to Roto for service bc they're 10 min away. But they're horrible, always recommending XX mile service when it's not recommended in the owners manual & they scare you by mentioning warranty not covered bc of not getting the service done.

2014 CX5 GT AWD White exterior / sand interior; no tech.

Dealer in New Jersey is offering:
base $28,919.00 (including destination)
+ $300 doc fee
+ $0 for free rear bumper guard
+ $326 for California DMV registration ($284 according to DMVs online calculator).

This is with S-Plan for May pickup. Decent deal?

2014 CX5 GT AWD White exterior / sand interior; no tech.

Dealer in New Jersey is offering:
base $28,919.00 (including destination)
+ $300 doc fee
+ $0 for free rear bumper guard
+ $326 for California DMV registration ($284 according to DMVs online calculator).

This is with S-Plan for May pickup. Decent deal?
I got mine for $29,200, Crystal White Pearl GT AWD, WITH Tech Package & including destination. This is with the $500 Mazda Loyalty cash back & 0.9% financing. You may be able to do a little better than S-Plan.

Maxim11,

It pretty good since you don't have a $500 loyalty rebate....also MATR6 if I remember correctly...hopefully...I think he had a trade in so they most likely sold him at cost the cx-5 and made the profit on the trade in.

2014 gt awd /tech package

I'm in same situation here...my local mazda delersghip asking $32,000 for cx5 2014 grand touring awd/tech package...do you think its fair price?i owned cx5 2013 touring awd /bose package with moon roof,,,wanna trade in after spending over $2500 on mazda oem accessories,,,should it add values or not much?twhat should i do?plus i only 9000 miles on it...just need extra HP and upgrades are inticing....suggestions welcome...
What are you folks paying for your new CX-5's, in relation to MSRP?

I assume demand is far outreaching supply at the moment, and am curious what that's doing to the price.

I ask, primarily, because I have a fairly urgent need for a new vehicle, would like it to be the CX-5, but hate the idea of paying at, or above, MSRP :)

thanks!

Maxim11,

It pretty good since you don't have a $500 loyalty rebate....also MATR6 if I remember correctly...hopefully...I think he had a trade in so they most likely sold him at cost the cx-5 and made the profit on the trade in.
Yeah, my trade in helped in getting the better price, but I can't say for sure if I or anyone else would have gotten the price w/o a trade in. But defiantely closer to the price I paid, the better.

I'm in same situation here...my local mazda delersghip asking $32,000 for cx5 2014 grand touring awd/tech package...do you think its fair price?i owned cx5 2013 touring awd /bose package with moon roof,,,wanna trade in after spending over $2500 on mazda oem accessories,,,should it add values or not much?twhat should i do?plus i only 9000 miles on it...just need extra HP and upgrades are inticing....suggestions welcome...
$32k out the door?
You should be able to get a '14 GT FWD W/Tech Package for below $31k, even $30k (destination included) bf TTL.
Go on Mazda's site & request quotes from surrounding dealers. Ask for the quote in an email, for the specific model & features you are going to buy.

Reserved a 2014 CX-5 (soul red, touring, fwd, no options) for $24171 ($800 below invoice). OTD it is $26476.**. My sister also reserved a CX-5 (same trim and options as the other one) but was only able to get $500 below invoice, and my mom reserved a mazda6 touring with tech. package for $500 below invoice. I don't know their OTD prices as I don't have their paper work in front of me, but if I recall it was tax plus around $300-400 for registration and doc fees. I think we got an okay deal. Any comments?

mazda 2014 GT AWD/Tech

As i ask for suggestions in regards to trading in my 2013 CX5 Touring AWD for 2014 GT AWD/ Tech package what u guys says? Good move , bad move....wanna keep it for long term...any suggestions or opinions are most welcome....all mazda OEM accessories i added worth over $2500 i hope these accessories add values for trade in? UOTE=MATR6;6124682]$32k out the door?
You should be able to get a '14 GT FWD W/Tech Package for below $31k, even $30k (destination included) bf TTL.
Go on Mazda's site & request quotes from surrounding dealers. Ask for the quote in an email, for the specific model & features you are going to buy.[/QUOTE]

Reserved a 2014 CX-5 (soul red, touring, fwd, no options) for $24171 ($800 below invoice). OTD it is $26476.**. My sister also reserved a CX-5 (same trim and options as the other one) but was only able to get $500 below invoice, and my mom reserved a mazda6 touring with tech. package for $500 below invoice. I don't know their OTD prices as I don't have their paper work in front of me, but if I recall it was tax plus around $300-400 for registration and doc fees. I think we got an okay deal. Any comments?

Sounds like you got great deals. Did you have any trade-ins? What dealer?

New to the forum. Just purchased our first Mazda: 2014 CX-5 AWD GT/Tech Package.

Vehicle: $29,000
Doc fee: $399
Etch fee: $299
Tax: $2051
TTL: $401
Other fees: $13
Total OTD: $32162

Not the best deal in the forum, but we are very happy with the new car.

New to the forum. Just purchased our first Mazda: 2014 CX-5 AWD GT/Tech Package.

This is one of the best deals. Pretty much what I paid. Not sure if the Doc fee & Etch fee were negotiable, but w/o those fees, the $29k vehicle price is an excellent price.

This does sound like a good deal as I'm being quoted $28919 base price for that without tech. I'm talking to a few dealers in New Jersey close to EWR airport. Though they may no mention of an etch fee, and lowered doc to 300. Which dealer did you go through?

Sounds like you got great deals. Did you have any trade-ins? What dealer?
No trade-in's, and this was a cash purchase.
Went to Tustin Mazda. I originally went to Tuttle Click in Irvine but their fleet manager promised me a deal then conveniently decided to change his mind since they didn't have the car I asked for, EVEN THOUGH I told him exactly what I wanted in my emails. They also kept pushing me to buy one with add-ons I did not want (since they had it in their stock). They were going to check nationwide inventory and try to do dealer trades if possible but they never followed up with me like they said they would (few days went by). Needless to say I did not like their attitudes and customer service. The fleet manager even had the nerve to say, "good luck finding that same deal some place else." when I just told him I was just going to check other places since they were taking so long.
So yeah...I am glad I did NOT give them the business because they definitely didn't deserve it and also because it's not like they had to do any work to get my sale. I was ready to buy from the start.

Back