What did you pay for your CX-5?

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but I picked up a cx-5 grand touring with awd last night for what I think was a pretty awesome deal. I qualify for ford x-plan, which translates to mazda s-plan (invoice price). On top of that, I was able to get another $1700 off (through getting them to add another $1k to the value of my trade in and a $700 discount). I also got them to throw in all weather floor mats and the cargo cover for free ($300 value). I was planning on waiting to buy, but for essentially $2k under INVOICE (which is about $800 under MSRP), I couldn't walk away without it.

Thanks! Out the door, including taxes/fees/etc it was technically 29,782.80. But that doesn't include the extra thousand I negotiated for my trade-in. I had researched it beforehand and knew that it was worth about $9k for trade-in, so their initial offer of $9,200 was pretty spot-on, but I got them up to $10,200.

Hi guys. This is my first post!

Just drove a Silver CX-5 Sport with manual transmission off the lot tonight! Paid $20,085 + tax and registration.

Oh, I should clarify this is the price with $500 Owner Loyalty Discount!

Last edited:
New here as well,

I just picked up a Fully loaded Grand Touring for 29145 + tax with MSRP of 30745. I was told dealer invoice was 29745. Dealer gave free 6yr extended warranty and window tint. Probably could have gotten more if I really pushed it, but I hate negotiating.

So far I couldnt be happier.

Last edited:
Hi guys. This is my first post!

Just drove a Silver CX-5 Sport with manual transmission off the lot tonight! Paid $20,085 + tax and registration.

Oh, I should clarify this is the price with $500 Owner Loyalty Discount!

That's a good price me thinks, I paid $20891 + TTL for the same thing on Sunday down here in SD. I did have them get the car I wanted from another, further away dealer though (LSM instead of the black mica they had on the lot).

In Vancouver - Canada the CX5 GX MSRP is CAD$1550 over invoice price. Christmas deal I got was CAD$500 off MSRP, 1% reduction in finance rate (my daughter owns a 1yr old Mazda 3 Sport), free oil and filter for duration of ownership, one year tire and rim guarantee (have convenience package) and CAD$380 documentation fee waived. First payment on March 8th 2013. Got a further CAD$500 off for taking a car that was available at the dealership (they did not have the red one I wanted available in dealership).

Hello all,
1st time purchaser of Mazda.
Just bought 2013 CX-5 GT FWD silver,with Tech pkg. and all-weather mats and molded trunk liner. Manufactured last November, arrived at dealer 2 wks ago. $28,000 + tax, title and enviro. fees. MSRP: $29,465. Good luck to all.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but I picked up a cx-5 grand touring with awd last night for what I think was a pretty awesome deal. I qualify for ford x-plan, which translates to mazda s-plan (invoice price). On top of that, I was able to get another $1700 off (through getting them to add another $1k to the value of my trade in and a $700 discount). I also got them to throw in all weather floor mats and the cargo cover for free ($300 value). I was planning on waiting to buy, but for essentially $2k under INVOICE (which is about $800 under MSRP), I couldn't walk away without it.

My wife qualifies for ford x plan..does that mean she qualifies for mazdas s plan or does it vary by employer?

My wife qualifies for ford x plan..does that mean she qualifies for mazdas s plan or does it vary by employer?

Depends on your employer.

A Ford X-Plan does not automatically translate to Mazda S-Plan anymore. That ended a few years ago. There are several companies that have a Ford buying plan but not a Mazda one. Mazda no longer accepts Ford discount plans either.

Shoot Mazda Customer Support and ask them - you may get a code (what's the harm). The way the S-Plan FAQ is written, Ford Suppliers (i.e. X-Plan) should qualify for S-Plan.

Shoot Mazda Customer Support and ask them - you may get a code (what's the harm). The way the S-Plan FAQ is written, Ford Suppliers (i.e. X-Plan) should qualify for S-Plan.

Sent a message to Liberty Mazda in Hartford. How's you RSX S holding up? I had an '03 Si

It's holding up well - no problems yet, great thing about Acuras - it's a shame their styling went downhill after the 2008 TL.

I would suggest contacting Mazda USA (not the dealer).
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=ProgramGuidelineFaq
FAQ #3 shows their number. They also have an email address and mailing address to try. Explain you're a ford supplier and you need the S-plan partner id.

Let me know how you end up - I've test driven one at Liberty a month ago. Just waiting for the 2014's to come out before taking the jump.

I am waiting for the 2014's to land at the local dealers. It will be interesting to see how much more it will cost for a 2014 with the 2.5L engine. No doubt the dealers will not selling at invoice. In any event my 2002 VW Passat wagon will be gone, even though it just turned 50K. I may just get the Touring and put in the after market leather later if I don't like the cloth. I actually like the Katzkin leather better than factory leather.
John

First time Mazda buyer also. Purchased mine in October (manufactured Aug or Sep). Automatic FWD Touring with Bose and Moonroof package for $27,800 out the door. Not great, but not bad. Plus it's getting better mileage than the '02 manual Focus I traded in. Loving my CX-5.

I am waiting for the 2014's to land at the local dealers. It will be interesting to see how much more it will cost for a 2014 with the 2.5L engine. No doubt the dealers will not selling at invoice.
The chatter is the 2.5L will carry anywhere from $1000-$1500 premium over the 2.0L. Don't be so sure about not getting it close to invoice. Dealers need to move units.

The chatter is the 2.5L will carry anywhere from $1000-$1500 premium over the 2.0L. Don't be so sure about not getting it close to invoice. Dealers need to move units.

My sentiments exactly. People think just because a model is new, there's no room for negotiation. I've gotten invoice pricing (plus additional factory incentives) on the last two Mazdas I've purchased and they were brand new models. You just have to be persistent and take your time. AND not be afraid to go out of your immediate geographic area to get the right price!

sales rep said my wife qualifies

It's holding up well - no problems yet, great thing about Acuras - it's a shame their styling went downhill after the 2008 TL.

I would suggest contacting Mazda USA (not the dealer).
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=ProgramGuidelineFaq
FAQ #3 shows their number. They also have an email address and mailing address to try. Explain you're a ford supplier and you need the S-plan partner id.

Let me know how you end up - I've test driven one at Liberty a month ago. Just waiting for the 2014's to come out before taking the jump.

But I don't know if he's just pulling my leg. I'm waiting on the 2014s as well. He said they'll come in months end.

**UPDATE
So I phoned Mazda and told them about my wife. Didn't need any trickory. The Mazda rep just gave the partner ID to me straight up. Sweet.
I went to the S Plan portion of Mazda's website. Entered the partner ID and was able to obtain a PIN certificate to bring to the dealer. However, the purchaser information is left blank. So my wife is the one who qualifies.. but am I able to put my own name? In another case, can any one fill in the blanks? I'm curious how they "verify". Or are the dealers relatively relaxed when this S Plan is brought to attention?

Last edited:
Back