What did you pay for your CX-5?

Holy cow!! Cancel that immediately. Yep, I was right, that's beyond ridiculous.

Sad part is they will recommend something else every time you bring it in for service and most people will fall for it. That $1900 is ludicrous already, and they'll have it doubled in no time with other work not needed.

Yeah. I found that negotiating sales was the easy part. I had to really get on the offensive to maneuver financing. They were quoting me some ridiculous prices on service and gap insurance.

Houston.

Austin zip code is showing the $500 APR cash rebate, which can't be combined with the customer cash rebate.

Crazy that you get $500 more in Houston than Austin. I just used 77001 zip code and it still shows the same disclaimer about not being combined with the low interest rate. But, if they gave it to you, congrats!

A cash deal quote for a 2019 GT with PP in SoCal. What do you guys think?

MSRP: $32,715.00
Dealer Discount: -$2,428.45
Sales Tax: $2,858.70
Total Government Fees: $419.75
Docs Processing Fee: $85.00
Cash offer from Mazda: -$1,000.00

Out-the-door: $32,650.00

Is this a good deal?

GT RESERVE. Plan to lease in Monday.

I have 1375 down and 387/month.

MRSP 36450, Invoice 34986

Is this a good deal? I am based in Houston TX. I've seen people reporting they get a signature on these forums for 35K which is crazy.

Thanks!

GT RESERVE. Plan to lease in Monday.

I have 1375 down and 387/month.

MRSP 36450, Invoice 34986

Is this a good deal? I am based in Houston TX. I've seen people reporting they get a signature on these forums for 35K which is crazy.

Thanks!

Its not crazy at all, its actually highly doable to get it for better than that. Whats really crazy is believing that invoice price, or invoice pricing in general.

Its not crazy at all, its actually highly doable to get it for better than that. Whats really crazy is believing that invoice price, or invoice pricing in general.

So what should I be looking for. I've checked all the 5 dealers here in Houston, no one is offering me anything better.

The 1375, now down to 380 a Mont taxes wavied seems like the best in Houston. How do I negotiate for better?

Been doing this for 2 weeks.

So what should I be looking for. I've checked all the 5 dealers here in Houston, no one is offering me anything better.

The 1375, now down to 380 a Mont taxes wavied seems like the best in Houston. How do I negotiate for better?

Well, a guy from Houston on here, infiniteregress, just got almost 8% off in Houston, so I definitely wouldnt accept less than that. I personally dont entertain anything under 10%, especially this time of year, but I also dont lease, but kinda wish I did this time around. I would still shoot for the same selling price, though.

So, on a 36450 MSRP, I would say highest 33500, but 32800 or less is what Id shoot to get.Thats without any kind of rebate that qualified, just straight discount.

Last edited:
Hey guys new here from Long Island after hours of negotiation only deal I could get nearby is 27,000 plus tax and fees with 0.9apr which according to them expires today. Is this a good deal? They are also giving me 7500 for my Honda Civic 2014 LX. In okay condition.

Hey guys new here from Long Island after hours of negotiation only deal I could get nearby is 27,000 plus tax and fees with 0.9apr which according to them expires today. Is this a good deal? They are also giving me 7500 for my Honda Civic 2014 LX. In okay condition.

Well, considering you didn't provide anything other than the price, no model, year, anything really, this could be the best or worst deal anyone has ever saw.

Care to try again with car and model (GT,GTR, etc), MSRP, dealer discount, selling price, and any rebates you got all listed separately and I'm sure folks would be glad to help. Thanks.

Sure so sorry, Newbie to posting.
its 2019 touring for cx5.
Msrp: 29065
Dealer discount:2065
Not sure about any rebates but getting 0.9 apr
Otd: 27000 +tax and fees.

2019 CX-5 Touring FWD Deep Crystal Blue
MSRP: $27660
Negotiated Discount: $2620
Rebate: $1500
Loyalty: $750
Fees: $210
Total before taxes: $23,000

I read every one of these threads from 2019 and didn't see many Touring sales. Hopefully this can help someone!

Last edited:
Sure so sorry, Newbie to posting.
it*s 2019 touring for cx5.
Msrp: 29065
Dealer discount:2065
Not sure about any rebates but getting 0.9 apr
Otd: 27000 +tax and fees.

Well, that's about a 7% discount , or average. Guy below your post just posted a 9.5% discount on the same car basically. To me, I'd make them come to 10% (26,150), actually $26000 or less is the least I'd settle for. I'm sure those "fees' are high, and that doc fee is straight dealer profit.

Are you getting internet or showroom quotes? Showroom quotes were significantly higher. In most cases, they were unwilling to even discuss matching internet quotes.
I was able to shop around quotes over the internet for a couple of days and was able to get additional $600 off.
I was originally going to buy one without roof rails at $34500 + 10% off on roof rails but was able to get one with roof rails for $34288.

Are you getting internet or showroom quotes? Showroom quotes were significantly higher. In most cases, they were unwilling to even discuss matching internet quotes.
I was able to shop around quotes over the internet for a couple of days and was able to get additional $600 off.
I was originally going to buy one without roof rails at $34500 + 10% off on roof rails but was able to get one with roof rails for $34288.

Agree.

Showroom buying is for suckers.

Email is your friend. Use it wisely.

Looks like Mazda dropped the $500 cash back incentive for special financing for October. Why the heck would they want to move less cars this month clearing the way for the 2020s? Grr, guess I'll be waiting another month and watchin this thead for trends!

Yeah, I was kind of waiting to see if the incentives would change for October also. I'm allegedly getting the insurance check for my totaled 2019 CX-5 GTR in the mail today.
Let the shopping fun? begin!

I'm looking for a left over 2019 Grand Touring Reserve as well. Anyone in the Mid Atlantic get any price quotes recently?

NJ sucks - I've tried the tri-state area and can't get below 6.7% off without incentives.

I'm looking for a left over 2019 Grand Touring Reserve as well. Anyone in the Mid Atlantic get any price quotes recently?

NJ sucks - I've tried the tri-state area and can't get below 6.7% off without incentives.

No left overs until the new ones arrive....

Yeah, I was kind of waiting to see if the incentives would change for October also. I'm allegedly getting the insurance check for my totaled 2019 CX-5 GTR in the mail today.
Let the shopping fun? begin!

ALMOST as much fun as doing your taxes!

Back