What did you pay for your CX-5?

That $500 rebate is either a NorCal only incentive or it expired in the last two weeks. Purchased a Signature today in SoCal but didn't qualify for ANY incentives. Double checked when I got home and Mazda has nothing offered for my area. Tried to keep the deal as simple as possible so as not to get twisted up in the details, i.e. no trade-in, no financing. Got the price, wrote a check, and drove off.

2019 CX-5 Signature (Snowflake)
MSRP: $38485.00
Paid: $36145.00 (including destination) plus ttl.

Both incentives are still available in the SF Bay Area through 2/28/19. Either 2.9% financing up to 60 months OR $500 rebate on GT-Reserve or Signature.
$1000 "customer cash" on lower trims.

Enjoy your Snowflake. I have the Deep Crystal Blue.

Last edited:
Destination was included. MSRP was $38,764 plus $864.65 in options ($39,099) No trade involved my old Subaru is running fine. I am in no emergency and will wait them out if I have to. I took 11 percent off MSRP but didn't discount the options. I was quoted on a Grand Touring Reserve in NJ for $32,440 + $499 Doc Fee without my $864.65 in options. which is $4070 off sticker but they wouldn't give me a price on the signature over the phone. Like I said I am in no hurry as much as I love the car they will make more

Last edited:
$32kish for a GT-R? Was that after incentives?

According to Edmunds:

36/15k
.00160 MF
56%residual for GTR
$360 lease cash on either trim.

I plugged it in my calculator and came closer to $450 in the California/LA area. (shrug)

Is that with tax? In socal too.

Hello Naszero we are also in the market for the GT R in white 2019. We live in SoCal and have been shopping a few dealers your price was also what we were going for. Not sure we qualify for the $1700 rebates we are not current Mazda owners. Mind if I ask what your rebates were from? Also if you had a good experience can you recommend contact names at Tustin Mazda. Thank you very much.

Hello Naszero we are also in the market for the GT R in white 2019. We live in SoCal and have been shopping a few dealers your price was also what we were going for. Not sure we qualify for the $1700 rebates we are not current Mazda owners. Mind if I ask what your rebates were from? Also if you had a good experience can you recommend contact names at Tustin Mazda. Thank you very much.

Send you a PM

Hey guys, I'm new here but I just wanted to let you guys know the price I paid today for my 2019 CX-5 GTR (Red) so that it may help you guys know how low you can go. I paid OTD $35,500 (including 6.5% sales tax in Florida and registration). Other dealerships were offering $38,000 and $36,200 OTD. I got this price today, the beginning of the month so buying end of the month may not always be the best time, someone is going to be desperate enough to want your business or has to hit his quota. If you'd like any more clarifications please don't hesitate to ask me more.

Disclaimer: I am in no way an expert, I'm just a student that did a lot of research to learn how to get the best deal possible for his first car and hope to be of any help. Cheers.

How long before we see a 28,xxx dollar GTR on these pages? Seems like 6 months at least.

I am waiting..
Likely Nov/Dec at the earliest, if at all this model year; turbo*s in high demand, with limited inventory.
Once Consumer Reports review comes out, will be even a tougher find. Expect that it will garner an A+ review.

Hey guys, I'm new here but I just wanted to let you guys know the price I paid today for my 2019 CX-5 GTR (Red) so that it may help you guys know how low you can go. I paid OTD $35,500 (including 6.5% sales tax in Florida and registration). Other dealerships were offering $38,000 and $36,200 OTD. I got this price today, the beginning of the month so buying end of the month may not always be the best time, someone is going to be desperate enough to want your business or has to hit his quota. If you'd like any more clarifications please don't hesitate to ask me more.

Disclaimer: I am in no way an expert, I'm just a student that did a lot of research to learn how to get the best deal possible for his first car and hope to be of any help. Cheers.

People, please stop posting OTD pricing! It is NOT a comparable quantity.

What was the MSRP on the sticker, including destination?
Were there any dealer add-on options?
What was the negotiated price, before tax?
What rebate/rebates were available, if any?
What were the dealer fees?
Was there a trade involved? If so, please detail that process.

People, please stop posting OTD pricing! It is NOT a comparable quantity.

What was the MSRP on the sticker, including destination?
Were there any dealer add-on options?
What was the negotiated price, before tax?
What rebate/rebates were available, if any?
What were the dealer fees?
Was there a trade involved? If so, please detail that process.

Sorry! Newbie to this forum. MSRP was $36,640. Negotiated price included tax, didnt negotiate without tax number included because I only wanted the bottom line. Rebates was like $500, no dealer fee. No trade involved, paid cash in full. Hope that clarifies abit more.

Sorry! Newbie to this forum. MSRP was $36,640. Negotiated price included tax, didnt negotiate without tax number included because I only wanted the bottom line. Rebates was like $500, no dealer fee. No trade involved, paid cash in full. Hope that clarifies abit more.

So, it looks like ~$2k negotiated, if there truly were no dealer fees, which I find odd. You really should learn to negotiate price by itself, as tax is an easy calculation. Don't give them any more leverage than they need.

Congrats on the purchase!

Based on the numbers you provided, your sales tax (6.5%) was about $2353.00. So $36,200 - $2353 = $33,847 negotiated selling price before incentives.

What dealer in FL? i drove the turbo in Ocala/Jenkins Mazda last week for my 1st time.
So, you saying you got a discount of ~ 7.5% off MSRP?

Last edited:
What dealer in FL? i drove the turbo in Ocala/Jenkins Mazda last week for my 1st time.
So, you saying you got a discount of ~ 7.5% off MSRP?

Cory Fairbanks in Longwood. You might qualify for more rebates than me because I'm international so yeah :)

I'm in South Jersey and the dealers around here won't deal. Been trying for a couple of years, too, and they just won't budge past about 5%.

When folks post the deals they get in California or Texas it makes me crazy. Some of the dealers in PA will do a bit better than the NJ dealers but nowhere as well as in other parts of the country.

Agree, shopping around for CX-5 in north Jersey and the best I could see was 5% off MSRP and had one other friend who was getting the same in central jersey that recently bought. If anything it feels like they can't keep up with demand and the 2019 GT's are selling like hot cakes. The prices I'm seeing in this thread ~9% and higher off MSRP are unheard of in NJ.

Agree, shopping around for CX-5 in north Jersey and the best I could see was 5% off MSRP and had one other friend who was getting the same in central jersey that recently bought. If anything it feels like they can't keep up with demand and the 2019 GT's are selling like hot cakes. The prices I'm seeing in this thread ~9% and higher off MSRP are unheard of in NJ.

You may want to take a drive down to PA or MD.

They are willing to deal a little more.

Don't go down to VA though, they charge unlimited prices for doc fees.

Likely Nov/Dec at the earliest, if at all this model year; turbo*s in high demand, with limited inventory.
Once Consumer Reports review comes out, will be even a tougher find. Expect that it will garner an A+ review.

Come on man. You sound like a dealer (JK). It sells like hotcakes or sells itself :).

This past week I spoke with several dealers on the telephone and one agreed to a $30,200 OTD price for a 2019 GT, red. However, once I arrived at the dealership the vehicle had the parchment color interior, which I did not want. The dealer had two red GT's w/black interiors. One had the premium package the other had AWD (the car we had agreed to for $30,200 had neither of these features).
I bought the AWD model and paid $31,240. I've never had an AWD vehicle before and hope I enjoy it.

Back