What did you pay for your CX-5?

Thank you for all the info, folks.

I emailed dealers within 300 miles and made them compete.

Walked into a dealer about 10 miles away, and offered 24500 + TTL for a red Touring with preferred pack, roof rails, cargo cover (MSRP 29655). They accepted and included the new update for Android auto/carplay.

Taxes Tag title etc were a bit less than 2000.

It was black Friday 23rd Nov. There was at least 500 extra due to it.

17% off of MSRP. I could've got another 500 off, maybe..........

Walked into a dealer about 10 miles away, and offered 24500 + TTL for a red Touring with preferred pack, roof rails, cargo cover (MSRP 29655). They accepted and included the new update for Android auto/carplay.

Great job man!

Like I always tell the naysayers, the amazing deals are out there, you just have to want to get them! If you don't believe first, then try, you can't achieve anything...

Enjoy your new car, and Happy Holidays...

BS! I brought my own financing and got a better deal than this. All you have to do is carry their loan for 3 months and they*ll get credit for it, if you*re willing to do that and refinance elsewhere afterwards...

This is usually how it works and the trade-off is you pay 3 months small interest payments yet get back a large discount up front. The key is to compare the overall deal. In recent years the admin fees can be horribly high and erode what appears to be consumer friendly deals-some dealers will back off, others nope. Anyone who can read & write can apply for the tag & title...

I dislike loyalty money in a manner of speaking. In my case they should be trying to "get me back" after the fiasco of the PITA/POS Mazda MPV i bought new in ~1990-- they wouldn't cover by warranty when my tranny shelled out. Long story but a lawyer cost more than the repair and I moved on.
Mazda doesn't have much for incentive stuff unless your college kid-if you have money to buy a new car your probably richy rich kid anyway. I damned sure could afford a new car, boost money or not, when I was in college! Military is only active duty so no help to vets/me.

Last edited:

What year model? That matters a lot as they clear out cars.

Local dealer agreed to the following 2018 Touring AWD (Snow flake). If I opt for their special APR 2.39 than I won't be able to get the customer cash $500 (so my net price will be 23750). Credit union rate is 3.99.

MSRP: 28710
discount-3710
customer bonus cash-500
customer cash -500
loyal -750
------------------------
net 23250

New here. Decided to buy a CX-5 for my wife as a second car. She test drove the Tiguan, Cherokee, and CX-5. She liked the CX-5.

I noticed that there is a world of a difference in pricing when buying in NY vs the rest of the country. Basically, no one in NYC or the Island wants to entertain anything less then the invoice pricing... or anything more than 4% off MSRP. I checked them all.. even as 2019s are showing up at dealers. This is in stark contract when I shopped around for Audi, Infinitis, Volvos, Jeep, VW, Lexus, and Acuras. I've always been able to bring down prices close to what people are getting online after a bit of haggling.

Best price for a Dark Blue on Black interior 2018 GT with premium package that I could find (below has bumper guards since that's all they have in stock.) was in NYC

MSRP: $33,460
No customer discount since I will finance at 2.39%
Price: $31,500

They will throw in CarPlay/Andriod Auto installed. This is basically 5-6% off MSRP.

I checked the supply of 2018 CX-5 GT, and basically I only see like 10 to 40 tops at all the dealers. Basically, there won't be many left by the end of December... which will limit my options since my wife really likes that Deep Crystal Blue Mica color.

Last edited:
New here. Decided to buy a CX-5 for my wife as a second car. She test drove the Tiguan, Cherokee, and CX-5. She liked the CX-5.

I noticed that there is a world of a difference in pricing when buying in NY vs the rest of the country. Basically, no one in NYC or the Island wants to entertain anything less then the invoice pricing... or anything more than 4% off MSRP. I checked them all.. even as 2019s are showing up at dealers. This is in stark contract when I shopped around for Audi, Infinitis, Volvos, Jeep, VW, Lexus, and Acuras. I've always been able to bring down prices close to what people are getting online after a bit of haggling.

Best price for a Dark Blue on Black interior 2018 GT with premium package that I could find (below has bumper guards since that's all they have in stock.) was in NYC

They will throw in CarPlay/Andriod Auto installed. This is basically 5-6% off MSRP.

I checked the supply of 2018 CX-5 GT, and basically I only see like 10 to 40 tops at all the dealers. Basically, there won't be many left by the end of December... which will limit my options since my wife really likes that Deep Crystal Blue Mica color.

In your area they are not offering any cash rebate?

Welcome to the Mid-Atlantic! If it is any consolation, I had the same luck when I was buying my 2017 GT last year. (I'm from NJ myself) We don't get any good discounts or rebates.

Welcome to the Mid-Atlantic! If it is any consolation, I had the same luck when I was buying my 2017 GT last year. (I'm from NJ myself) We don't get any good discounts or rebates.

You guys should head a little South to Virginia/DC area where the deals are hot, cars are a plenty, and the rebates to boot. Good luck...

Does anyone know whether the incentives would become better once the current incentives end on 12/3? I am trying to decide whether to wait and see or buy this weekend?

Does anyone know whether the incentives would become better once the current incentives end on 12/3? I am trying to decide whether to wait and see or buy this weekend?
There are only 3 numbers that matter:
MSRP
Discount on MSRP
and Out of Door pricing (since taxes vary this one is only to see the dealer doc. fees)

I cant even tell what incentives were there when I bought it. This is my prediction - what deal you are getting now - you will atleast be able to match it in early 2019. This is based on an assumption your trim and color are not uncommon in Boston area. If you wanted SRC in Sport Trim with iActiv package and under 20 miles on the odo - yeah thats hard to find but if you have a selection of 2/3 colors and some flexibility on Trim choice - you will be fine if you buy now or even later. Another thing to note is - GT will have a higher discount % than Touring or Sport. This is true in general. Good luck.

Based on pricing I have in Boston area, you should be able to get to $30517 before TTL. I am assuming that Boston and NYC area are the same market.

The average discount before incentives is approx. 7.3%
7.3% discount -$2443
Minus Dealer cash (separate from customer cash) -$500

Total before TTL - $30517

If you have a Mazda in the household then you can get another $750 off.

You guys should head a little South to Virginia/DC area where the deals are hot, cars are a plenty, and the rebates to boot. Good luck...

Do this! Leave NY,LI and go where the deal is! Your in the NE USA where much of the population lives and there are plenty of cars within an easy days travel. Do the deal over email once your settled on color and trim level, etc.. Fly drive? If you are trading then your stuck with shopping your trade-in face to face so look for discounting them make some email contact then plan out a shopping travel day or two. If you private sale your car all that hassle goes away except to pick up the new one.
NYC is an easy days drive from many places , even from my house. The dealers have thousands of 2018's-that's a fact! 10, 20 & 30 cars is common for CX-5's @ dealers near me.

Last edited:
Based on pricing I have in Boston area, you should be able to get to $30517 before TTL. I am assuming that Boston and NYC area are the same market.

The average discount before incentives is approx. 7.3%
7.3% discount -$2443
Minus Dealer cash (separate from customer cash) -$500

Total before TTL - $30517

If you have a Mazda in the household then you can get another $750 off.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Decided to wait to see what incentives there are for December. I basically didn't qualify for any rebates or customer cash offer since I wanted to take the 2.39% APR offer. If I don't get any further discounts, then will go with the deal I have. I don't plan on venturing further out... so that's kind of my own fault... but the idea of going through all those bridges and tunnels to get off Long Island to buy a car isn't exactly what I call a casual drive out of town.

I tried to get any offer for the 2019 GT with pp. The best I got was like $200 off. Most all didn't budge from MSRP... even if they had any in the lot.

There are only 3 numbers that matter:
MSRP
Discount on MSRP
and Out of Door pricing (since taxes vary this one is only to see the dealer doc. fees)

I cant even tell what incentives were there when I bought it. This is my prediction - what deal you are getting now - you will atleast be able to match it in early 2019. This is based on an assumption your trim and color are not uncommon in Boston area. If you wanted SRC in Sport Trim with iActiv package and under 20 miles on the odo - yeah thats hard to find but if you have a selection of 2/3 colors and some flexibility on Trim choice - you will be fine if you buy now or even later. Another thing to note is - GT will have a higher discount % than Touring or Sport. This is true in general. Good luck.

The only drawback when you wait is, the chance that they'll run out of the color combo you want, if it's a rare one in your area. For example , my area (50 miles) had only 2 of the soul red (crystal??) on black leatherette available. I'm sure the deals will get better on the leftover 2018s but I didn't really want the silk beige interior leatherette. I wasn't sure if my kids would ruin that beige color quickly or not.

@kentuckid I got a 2018. I did have 10% off of msrp on 2019s, from a couple of dealers (no negotiating) within 50 miles. Seems svhofxho got 20% off on 2018. It's quite doable right now. I usually travel north to get my cars out of state. I could've done that and paid less, but the wife (read: boss, lol) vetoed that idea.

Last edited:
Got my first 'real' quote for a 2019 CX-5 Signature....don't know if it's good or not yet.

In Virginia, dealers can charge anything they want as a 'processing fee' as long as they declare it....and some are very hesitant to actually include it in any quote - usually the phrase is '+ taxes tags and processing'....and 'processing' can be anywhere from $99 to $999....so I always tell them to include all dealer charges.

Anyway -

2019 CX-5 Signature in Eternal Blue Mica (one of my three preferred colors - the other are Machine Gray and Silver)

MSRP $37,885
Your Price $36,885 (includes $500 Veteran discount)
+ Dealer 'Processing' of $695

OTD = $37470.

That still seems a bit high to me, it's basically $400 under MSRP.

Also...the Veteran's discount is 'ending' 12/3. Is that something that's likely to renew on 12/4 - I figure there would be some end of year incentives...any idea?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
The only drawback when you wait is, the chance that they'll run out of the color combo you want, if it's a rare one in your area. For example , my area (50 miles) had only 2 of the soul red (crystal??) on black leatherette available. I'm sure the deals will get better on the leftover 2018s but I didn't really want the silk beige interior leatherette. I wasn't sure if my kids would ruin that beige color quickly or not.

@kentuckid I got a 2018. I did have 10% off of msrp on 2019s, from a couple of dealers (no negotiating) within 50 miles. Seems svhofxho got 20% off on 2018. It's quite doable right now. I usually travel north to get my cars out of state. I could've done that and paid less, but the wife (read: boss, lol) vetoed that idea.

Unless you put towels on your seats...you don't want the light colored seats. At the DC car show, the seats on the light/ivory/beige interiors are stained blue at the end of 2 weeks from people's blue jeans.

Last edited:
Got my first 'real' quote for a 2019 CX-5 Signature....don't know if it's good or not yet.

In Virginia, dealers can charge anything they want as a 'processing fee' as long as they declare it....and some are very hesitant to actually include it in any quote - usually the phrase is '+ taxes tags and processing'....and 'processing' can be anywhere from $99 to $999....so I always tell them to include all dealer charges.

Anyway -

2019 CX-5 Signature in Eternal Blue Mica (one of my three preferred colors - the other are Machine Gray and Silver)

MSRP $37,885
Your Price $36,885 (includes $500 Veteran discount)
+ Dealer 'Processing' of $695

OTD = $37470.

That still seems a bit high to me, it's basically $400 under MSRP.

Also...the Veteran's discount is 'ending' 12/3. Is that something that's likely to renew on 12/4 - I figure there would be some end of year incentives...any idea?

Thoughts?

Don*t be fooled, they should be going no less than 5% off MSRP in the 2019s right off the bat, and they can easily do 10% if they want. At $400 off, I would*ve had to LOL*d and walk right outta there...

Don*t be fooled, they should be going no less than 5% off MSRP in the 2019s right off the bat, and they can easily do 10% if they want. At $400 off, I would*ve had to LOL*d and walk right outta there...

Fortunately, I don't HAVE to buy anything right now. I've got a '14 VW Jetta SW that is being bought back on 12/21 (for $2500 more than I paid for it 4 years ago).....and between my 2 kids' cars and travel, I don't need a car until the 1st of the year. I'll have about $30K from the VW, plus the balance out of pocket, so I can wait. I figure the first 'offer' is always a goof, anyway, just in case someone bites. One of the other dealers is saying they have 2-3 people 'in line' for their first Signatures...which is about as truthful as you would expect.

I hadn't planned on jumping this early - because I'd have to move a bunch of money around to get one before I turn in the VW....or finance it through USAA or the dealer until I get the cash.

What end of year incentives do you think there will be between 12/4-12/31?

Back