What did you pay for your CX-5?

Got an internet quote for a 2018 CX-5 GT AWD + Premium package and a rear bumper guard , 11 miles on it , $30,999 + TT. The darker blue color with parchment interior.

Gonna go give it a look tomorrow. Also want to ask them about Android Auto upgrade. I've bought all my Mazda's from this dealer so I figure they will work with me.

They've got a lot of work to do, that price is sky high...

Good luck, and hope you get the deal you're looking to obtain...

They've got a lot of work to do, that price is sky high...

Good luck, and hope you get the deal you're looking to obtain...

Really? I thought it was decent but would work them down another 1k if I could.

Any suggestion where I should be aiming at? Someone on here mentioned 12-15% below MSRP I think a few pages ago.

Glad I popped back online, I am headed over to the dealer in an hour.

Last edited:
Really? I thought it was decent but would work them down another 1k if I could.

Any suggestion where I should be aiming at? Someone on here mentioned 12-15% below MSRP I think a few pages ago.

I shoot for more than that, but I am different, lol. to me...

Anything less than 10% and you left plenty on the table...

12-15% and you got a pretty darn good deal I wouldn't be mad about

15%+ and you basically stole the thing. I guess this is the only time in my life I think it's okay to steal. lol

Well I've bought 5 there already, I'll do my best to steal this one. Thanks!

I whipped this up in excel quick, lets hope for the best.

MSRP $33,460.00
-5% $31,787.00
-10% $30,114.00
-15% $28,441.00

Well I've bought 5 there already, I'll do my best to steal this one. Thanks!

I whipped this up in excel quick, lets hope for the best.

MSRP $33,460.00
-5% $31,787.00
-10% $30,114.00
-15% $28,441.00

GOOD LUCK!

Think Id offer $28k or so, hope they counter with $30k, dont budge at first, and if you have to, get them to meet you in the middle at $29k.

I would assume they owe you $500 loyalty and whatever Customer Cash is in your area ($500-1k I would think). If these are both the case, $28k-$28500 is definitely doable...

Enjoy your new ride...

GOOD LUCK!

Think I*d offer $28k or so, hope they counter with $30k, don*t budge at first, and if you have to, get them to meet you in the middle at $29k.

I would assume they owe you $500 loyalty and whatever Customer Cash is in your area ($500-1k I would think). If these are both the case, $28k-$28500 is definitely doable...

Enjoy your new ride...

Correct , both are available, as is the 0.9% APR. Thanks for the pep talk! ;)

On my way.....

I shoot for more than that, but I am different, lol. to me...

Anything less than 10% and you left plenty on the table...

12-15% and you got a pretty darn good deal I wouldn't be mad about

15%+ and you basically stole the thing. I guess this is the only time in my life I think it's okay to steal. lol

For this 12-15% off, you have not included any incentives/rebates correct?

Thanks.

Welp , I survived. And am the new owner of a 2018 CX-5 GT AWD w/premium package and rear lip plate. Went with the Deep Crystal Blue Mica.

I negotiated them down from a MSRP of $33,460 to $30,200. (this included customer loyalty discount $500)

My maths make that almost 10% discount off MSRP. Right? (uhm)

So for a 2018 CX-5, GT + Premium Package + AWD + Rear Lip Plate + TTL (and I had to get a new license plate) + TAX (6% PA) = $32193 OTD @ .09 % Also got them to include the Android Auto /Carplay upgrade next month at dealer's price when the parts do come in, and as always a free touch up paint pen.

I made sure to leave the trade discussion off the table until I got an acceptable MSRP discount.

I pick it up Monday. Here it is parked next to my Titanium 2016 that I bought in 2015. The color of the 2018 really is blue, but the sun has been hiding all day.

TEcGF8y.jpg

I am not a frequent poster on these forums, I hope the picture is allowed.

Last edited:
Welp , I survived. And am the new owner of a 2018 CX-5 GT AWD w/premium package and rear lip plate. Went with the Deep Crystal Blue Mica.

I negotiated them down from a MSRP of $33,460 to $30,200. (this included customer loyalty discount $500)

My maths make that almost 10% discount off MSRP. Right? (uhm)

So for a 2018 CX-5, GT + Premium Package + AWD + Rear Lip Plate + TTL (and I had to get a new license plate) + TAX (6% PA) = $32193 OTD @ .09 % Also got them to include the Android Auto /Carplay upgrade next month at dealer's price when the parts do come in, and as always a free touch up paint pen.

I made sure to leave the trade discussion off the table until I got an acceptable MSRP discount.

I pick it up Monday. Here it is parked next to my Titanium 2016 that I bought in 2015. The color of the 2018 really is blue, but the sun has been hiding all day.

TEcGF8y.jpg

I am not a frequent poster on these forums, I hope the picture is allowed.

Congrats. Love the color. Saw in car/color in person.

Interesting thing the dealer told me, they have 38 CX-5s on the lot, and a final order of 16 en route for November, he said they have heard nothing regards an ETA for the 2019's.
He sold 29 CX-5's in September, and figures if that keeps up due to the low APR, he will have none by December.

The dealer I go to did include the rebate in the overall % discount off MSRP.

I include the Customer Cash anyone can get when available. I do not include $500 loyalty, Military, etc...

10% should be gotten without any discounts, Customer Cash included...

The dealer I go to did include the rebate in the overall % discount off MSRP.

Was there not any Customer Cash available in your area? Seems most were getting $500-1k these last couple of months...

For instance, currently shows $500 for my area, and $1k where I normally buy my cars at...

Yeah I was told it was $500 customer cash OR 0.9 APR. And since I didn't have the balance setting in my account , I went with the APR. ;)

I even checked the site when I got home.

https://www.mazdausa.com/shopping-t...year=2018&modelCode=CX5&type=purchase&index=1

$500 Customer Cash good towards 2018 Mazda CX-5. Customer Cash cannot be combined with all offers, including special lease and special APR offers financed through Participating Lender. Offer valid to 10/1/18. No cash value. Limit one discount per customer per vehicle. Must take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 10/1/18. Residency restrictions may apply. See dealer for complete details.

We're seriously considering a 2018 AWD touring for my wife's next car. Anyone in the New England (RI and surrounding areas specifically) have a dealer that is good to work with online for great pricing?

We're seriously considering a 2018 AWD touring for my wife's next car. Anyone in the New England (RI and surrounding areas specifically) have a dealer that is good to work with online for great pricing?

I priced a wide radius from my home on LI (eventually purchased locally) but found the Hartford CT dealer to be very transparent with online pricing. In the end, we purchased with a slightly better trade in deal close to home but his pricing was among my lower quotes.

Hey people i'm looking to purchase a Mazda CX5 and been doing alot of shopping in my area. Best price I can get a 2018 CX5 Touring FWD with Preferred Package is $26842 OTD. is that high or a good price? Technically selling price was $24000 before taxes and dealer fees. Or do you think i should wait till the near year end sale around december when they try to mark down the last years car?

Last edited:
Hey people i'm looking to purchase a Mazda CX5 and been doing alot of shopping in my area. Best price I can get a 2018 CX5 Touring FWD with Preferred Package is $26842 OTD. is that high or a good price? Technically selling price was $24000 before taxes and dealer fees. Or do you think i should wait till the near year end sale around december when they try to mark down the last years car?

Check MSRP for that configuration and calculate your % discount. Aim for 15%, and dont settle for less than 10%. Especially for a year end model.

Thats what Ive gathered from monitoring this thread. :)

Last edited:
Check MSRP for that configuration and calculate your % discount. Aim for 15%, and don*t settle for less than 10%. Especially for a year end model.

Ok just did the msrp it was $28610 and with the discount it was a 16%. Should I just pull the trigger ? Also do you know how much dealers can go low before losing profit ?

Back