What did you pay for your CX-5?

2018 CX-5 /GT/AWD/Machine Grey (premium package & all weather floor mats)

MSRP : $33,760
Selling :$ 28,875
Sales tax:8.75%
OTD :$31,950

Last edited:
No. My sales tax was something like 2.7% ish.

Might be different if you are in Denver county.

Not too bad. I wouldn*t be Uber pissed paying 2.7%. Here it*s a $500 Max sales tax, up from just $300 a year ago. Bought my car out of State, and the finance manager was like wait, WHAT? Would*ve been like $1600 if I lived there. Umm, no thanks...

Chicago proper is 10.5% [emoji44]

/Edit/ Wanted Eternal Blue. No one had one.

Last edited:
Black is always my second choice. [emoji44] Actually now that I looked it up that's not the Blue I wanted. I like the real dark one that looks black in the right light.
This was my favorite Saab ever, perfect replica of the car i should have just stored in the garage instead of trading in....
8c203ef1a2acdbe68eed30cb7fd55900.jpg

Once you go black....

Black is always my second choice. [emoji44] Actually now that I looked it up that's not the Blue I wanted. I like the real dark one that looks black in the right light.
This was my favorite Saab ever, perfect replica of the car i should have just stored in the garage instead of trading in....
8c203ef1a2acdbe68eed30cb7fd55900.jpg

Once you go black....

Oh yeah that was a cool blue. I also didn't mind the Sky Blue they had on early model years. I personally do not like Eternal Blue at all.

Oh yeah that was a cool blue. I also didn't mind the Sky Blue they had on early model years. I personally do not like Eternal Blue at all.

I would*ve gotten sky blue if they hadn*t discontinued it. Coolest color yet imo, but would have to have a dark interior.

That is an amazing deal! I am looking for the same vehicle minus premium package in the NY and Long island area and get laughed out of the dealership when I suggest below 30k (before taxes etc). I am going to do some email quotes like some members suggested on previous pages. First time buyer and willing to travel a bit on the east coast to get the best price. If anyone has recommendations on which dealerships in NY, NJ, CT or even a bit beyond that have been competitive, any help is much appreciated.

I am looking for a touring FWD with no preferred package. wondering what some of you were able to get in california out the door. I am wondering if 26-27k out the door is doable

Back