What did you pay for your CX-5?

Couldn't agree more. I can't believe the effort some people put into trying to get that best possible deal. I ain't got time for that. I don't enjoy it like some do. [emoji106]

The deal should be equitable to all. The dealer has to make money too. If you are happy, that is all that matters. And i agree, spending hours to save $100, not worth it, especially if no guarantee of success.

If you are happy, you got a good deal.

Hi, I am currently negotiating with a local dealer and am leaning towards the $1,000 customer cash rather than the APR. Does anyone know what the standard Mazda rate is? I don't want to go to the dealership and have my credit pulled without knowing this information.

By the way, the current deal I am working on is:

2018 GT w/PP
White
Rails
Lowest offer so far: $30,024

It's really hard to get much of a discount on the CX-5 in the Pacific NW :(

Thanks!

I also live near Seattle and am looking for a 2018 GT PP w/ RR either white, black, or dark blue. Were you at at University Mazda? I went to Doug's Lynnwood Mazda and had a pretty awful experience with a lady there.

I also live near Seattle and am looking for a 2018 GT PP w/ RR either white, black, or dark blue. Were you at at University Mazda? I went to Doug's Lynnwood Mazda and had a pretty awful experience with a lady there.

If you guys have a Costco membership use Costcoauto.com

Also don’t pay for roof rails through the dealership. They are literally $200-250 through various online sites including eBay. They just screw on and can be installed in 20 minutes by hand tightening. Watch this video.

https://youtu.be/flny6WwuRzQ

Hi,
I ended up going with the 0% as the banks in the area were all at around 3%. I actually purchased at Renton, this is my third purchase from them. I was emailing with Doug's but decided to give my sales person at Renton a shot before I went to Doug's and he came through. You should give them a shot, they will be willing to give you quotes via email as other dealerships in the area will not.
This is what I ended up with:

2018 GT w/PP
Dark blue
0% interest
$31,299 ($500 loyalty rebate included)

Trade:
2016 GT w/tech
16,000 miles
$22,1xx
(KBB fair trade was $20,0xx and I owed $22,2xx)
I had a large scratch that went from the front bumper to parts of the door panel and rim, it was down to the metal =/

It's not nearly as good as others on this forum but anyone living in the PNW knows that CX-5's are hard to negotiate. Hope it works out well for you!

Hi,
I ended up going with the 0% as the banks in the area were all at around 3%. I actually purchased at Renton, this is my third purchase from them. I was emailing with Doug's but decided to give my sales person at Renton a shot before I went to Doug's and he came through. You should give them a shot, they will be willing to give you quotes via email as other dealerships in the area will not.

2018 GT w/PP
Dark blue
0% interest

Trade:
2016 GT w/tech
16,000 miles
$22,1xx
I had a large scratch that went from the front bumper to parts of the door panel and rim, it was down to the metal =/

It's not nearly as good as others on this forum but anyone living in the PNW knows that CX-5's are hard to negotiate. Hope it works out well for you!

If they gave you more then KBB fair trade, then I say you got a really good deal. They still have to make money on the '16 too, and fix your scratch. You basically got $2k off the new price you mentioned above. I think you did great.

If they gave you more then KBB fair trade, then I say you got a really good deal. They still have to make money on the '16 too, and fix your scratch. You basically got $2k off the new price you mentioned above. I think you did great.

Thanks. Yeah, at the end of the day, I am satisfied with the transaction :)

Just picked up a 2018 CX-5 GT AWD Machine Gray Metallic/Parchment for $27,700 after haggling and rebates. Even got them to throw in all weather mats, wheel locks, and touch up paint at no extra cost :)

Last edited:
Just picked up a 2018 CX-5 GT machine gray/parchment for $27,700 after haggling and rebates. Even got them to throw in all weather mats, wheel locks, and touch up paint at no extra cost. ��

Dang that's pretty good!

I'm new, just got my CX-5 this month. Got the CX-5 GT + Premium / Soul Red / FWD for $31800 out the door + cargo privacy cover. I tried to get them to give me the tow package too but they said no...

Just picked up a 2018 CX-5 GT AWD Machine Gray Metallic/Parchment for $27,700 after haggling and rebates. Even got them to throw in all weather mats, wheel locks, and touch up paint at no extra cost :)

That is a great deal for a 2018 AWD GT. They usually push into the low $30's

Hi,

2018 GT w/PP
Dark blue
0% interest

Trade:
2016 GT w/tech
16,000 miles
$22,1xx

Thanks a lot for your reply! Congrats on your purchase!

I also picked up a dark blue 2018 GT premium with white interior on Wednesday. Drove to Mt.Rainier for the weekend and got 32 MPG!

2018 CX-5 Touring FWD w/ preferred package and the white specialty paint with black interior for $26.7k before taxes, tags, fees at 1.9% interest rate with free oil changes through to 30,000 miles.

Last edited:

Can I ask what dealer? I am in Maryland and am shopping around. This sounds like a good deal!

Thanks a lot for your reply! Congrats on your purchase!

I also picked up a dark blue 2018 GT premium with white interior on Wednesday. Drove to Mt.Rainier for the weekend and got 32 MPG!

Nice! Congrats to you too, glad it worked out well for you. :)

Was just offered a 2018 GT premium red with black interior for $30,495.

Added the dealers remote start (because I'd read so many bad reviews of MMS). That was $365 on top.

I'm getting 2.9% on lease.

I pick it up in 2 weeks. My first Mazda. Kinda psyched.

Was just offered a 2018 GT premium red with black interior for $30,495.

Added the dealers remote start (because I'd read so many bad reviews of MMS). That was $365 on top.

I'm getting 2.9% on lease.

I pick it up in 2 weeks. My first Mazda. Kinda psyched.

In two weeks you'll be in automotive heaven! Congrats.

In two weeks you'll be in automotive heaven! Congrats.

Thank you! I'm trading in my Jeep Wrangler. Loved that thing for winter driving. Not so much for daily commuter. Even less at the pump.

Feel like I'm moving from a steam powered tractor to the space shuttle.

Hey everyone. Great info on here. Negotiating a deal right now and this is what the dealer in Culver City, CA is offering me:

2018 Mazda CX-5 GT FWD Soul Red no packages with roof rails
MSRP: $31,615

$28,145
including $500 loyalty
0% APR for 63 months

Thinking I can get them down lower. Thoughts?
Thanks!

that's pretty solid.

If you have a Costco membership you can go through costcoauto.com and get their pricing on top of what you been provided, it might knock another $500-700 off

Back