What did you pay for your CX-5?

Hello, been lurking a while but am now looking to purchase a new cx5 so decided to join. Ive been emailing dealers here in so cal area, and have been quote for a 2018 Snow White pearl touring with preferred package and roof rails for $25,013. This supposedly includes all rebates and incentives and must use Mazda standard rate for financing, which when I asked for clarification is 3.99 - 5.99%. This seems like a pretty good deal and wanted the opinions here as many here may be more informed than me in purchasing cars. I thank you for your help everyone.

Hello, been lurking a while but am now looking to purchase a new cx5 so decided to join. Ive been emailing dealers here in so cal area, and have been quote for a 2018 Snow White pearl touring with preferred package and roof rails for $25,013. This supposedly includes all rebates and incentives and must use Mazda standard rate for financing, which when I asked for clarification is 3.99 - 5.99%. This seems like a pretty good deal and wanted the opinions here as many here may be more informed than me in purchasing cars. I thank you for your help everyone.

You should be able to get 0% for $500 more (worth it unless you pay it off fairly quickly).

We talked about this earlier. That's a great price. But even at 4% interest you're going to pay an extra 2 grand in interest. This is how they get you. Now you've got an average deal. Not a bad deal. Just average . If you're okay with average, buy it.

Hello, been lurking a while but am now looking to purchase a new cx5 so decided to join. I’ve been emailing dealers here in so cal area, and have been quote for a 2018 Snow White pearl touring with preferred package and roof rails for $25,013. This supposedly includes all rebates and incentives and must use Mazda standard rate for financing, which when I asked for clarification is 3.99 - 5.99%. This seems like a pretty good deal and wanted the opinions here as many here may be more informed than me in purchasing cars. I thank you for your help everyone.

As far as i know, Mazda only finances at the terms you see as their special rates (0% or 0.9%) and even this is actuall via Chase bank. The 3.99-5.99 is a guess by the dealer for someone with average credit. If you have a credit union nearby, stop in and ask their rates, ask them to see if you qualify.

Or get the dealer to actually run you and see if you qualify for the 0 or 0.9 from mazda. 0% compared to 5.99 is a big difference in monthly payment.

Just paid $25984 (before Tax, Title, and Registration) for a 2018 AWD CX-5 Touring with Preferred Equipment Package. Keep in mind it was used with 2600 miles. First owner had it for 1 month and changed their mind. So it is used, but absolutely flawless and might as well be new. This will actually give you a sense of the immediate depreciation experienced by purchasing a new vehicle. If you buy new for $31K, turn around in the parking lot and trade it in, you will lose at least $5K-$6K.

Not true. My cost was basically $26K, but the dealer had to make a profit and I'm guessing it's between $1K-2K. I don't really know how much profit a dealership wants to make on a used car but I imagine it's quite a bit considering the giant screen TV's and endless Keurig coffee and all of the crap dealers must waste money on.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Wife and I put a downpayment today in NJ on a CX 5 GT AWD w/ no premium in Grey w/ black interior. Gonna hopefully pick up the car Monday.

Ended up getting it for $31.3 out the door w/ 0% and we had an almost worthless trade-in (180k miles, 10 year old...). Probably would have been $31.8 w/out the trade (maybe even less). KBB puts the trade-in value at $500.

I thought we got a good deal. I'll come back w/ more details on the price after I see the final paper work on Monday. I think DMV + doc fees are about $700?

So that's about $28.7 + 700 title+reg + 1900 tax... give or take. Maybe $29.2 w/out the trade.

Offered $500 off the price to not take the 0% but the 0% seems like too good of a deal to pass up.

Above prices includes customer loyalty as well.

Did a lot of haggling via e-mail before going to any dealers. 1st dealer offered us just under $31.8 out the door in the showroom but didn't have the vehicle in stock. Tried to get $31.0 from a 2nd dealer but they negotiated us up to $31.3 w/ the vehicle in stock.

Thanks for all the info found here I think it made the process a little easier and helped us find a deal that worked for us.

Last edited:
Not true. My cost was basically $26K, but the dealer had to make a profit and I'm guessing it's between $1K-2K. I don't really know how much profit a dealership wants to make on a used car but I imagine it's quite a bit considering the giant screen TV's and endless Keurig coffee and all of the crap dealers must waste money on.

What's not true? A 16 T + AWD and package is almost exactly $30K. True. Look it up on Mazdausa.com. I did before I posted.
You paid $26.
So depreciation is $4k.

Just paid $25984 (before Tax, Title, and Registration) for a 2018 AWD CX-5 Touring with Preferred Equipment Package. Keep in mind it was used with 2600 miles. First owner had it for 1 month and changed their mind. So it is used, but absolutely flawless and might as well be new. This will actually give you a sense of the immediate depreciation experienced by purchasing a new vehicle. If you buy new for $31K, turn around in the parking lot and trade it in, you will lose at least $5K-$6K.

You paid what some would pay for a brand new with additional accessories and oil changes included.
I paid 23911 for similar specd fwd in 2016 and got an oil change+ tint + trunk mat free

The depreciation is what the guy who traded in the 2018 received, and that was probably 24K becasue I purchased it for 26K. Assuming the dealer made 2K profit on the deal, but no idea.

And Kaps, I'm glad you got a 2016 FWD for 24K but mine is a 2018 AWD touring with PEP and I paid 26K. Thats a great deal as far as I can tell, as that car is maybe 30-31K new. Mine has 2600 miles.

The depreciation is what the guy who traded in the 2018 received, and that was probably 24K becasue I purchased it for 26K. Assuming the dealer made 2K profit on the deal, but no idea.

And Kaps, I'm glad you got a 2016 FWD for 24K but mine is a 2018 AWD touring with PEP and I paid 26K. Thats a great deal as far as I can tell, as that car is maybe 30-31K new. Mine has 2600 miles.

The price you paid is based on the depreciation amount. The guy that traded it in could have done a private party sale and got the 26K (selling direct to you) - but he chose to take more of a loss for convenience. Trade in is always lower then resale, but the actual value of the vehicle is based on resale. Resale should be the same regardless of buying used from dealer or private individual.

Depreciation and selling for a loss are 2 different things. If the car truly depreciated to 24K then you overpaid at 26K. You would not have paid a private person $26K for a car worth $24K.

Yes, you're right. I wasn't seeing it that way but the market price is what I paid and thus that's the depreciated amount. Thank you!

Yours is also a CPO unit with additional 12 month/12k mi bumper to bumper and 7 yr/100k mi powertrain warranties

You paid what some would pay for a brand new with additional accessories and oil changes included.
I paid 23911 for similar specd fwd in 2016 and got an oil change+ tint + trunk mat free

It's not likely to currently get $4000 off of a newly released 2018 model that only has $1,000 in factory rebates

Back