What did you pay for your CX-5?

In my area (Cincinnati), the dealer advertised price, in their website for GT AWD Crystal Red with premium package is 32,965$. Guess another 500$ can be taken out.

karthik calling karthik ...
that is still too high. If you nego correctly 8-12% off MSRP is doable. for e.g. if MSRP is 30000 - thats 2400-3600 off. 5% to 7% is decent but not top game.

karthik calling karthik ...
that is still too high. If you nego correctly 8-12% off MSRP is doable. for e.g. if MSRP is 30000 - thats 2400-3600 off. 5% to 7% is decent but not top game.
Thanks, Kaps! For some reason, I had thought the MRP is way higher. Should ask for much lower price.

Last edited:
Thanks, Kaps! For some reason, I had thought the MRP is way higher. Should ask for much lower price.

Time on your hands - play the email game.
Send them a quote asking for price and say what you want to buy - in my opinion the Touring with PEP is BEST VALUE CX5 - GT does not even come close to best value.

Dealers get desperate when they are near some incentive targets like best selling dealership in a metro or milestone within reach - pull the trigger in last 4-5 days of the month.

That is what I usually do.
Go to truecar.com. Build your car, and send out emails for quotes to multiple dealers near you.
Let them compete.
For those dealers who refuse to spell out the offers, you can leave them alone.
Usually, the volume dealer near you has the lowest price.
They make money from volume discount.

I hate dealers who want me to come there and then will give me a good discount.
One dealer's manager - why havent you responded to us.
My answer - you did not give me a price. ty.

He sends me the best quote but doesnt have my color pref. I go to another dealer who has it and matches it. He was volume leader in DFW and wanted to maintain it.

Any Canadians here that can tell me if this a good deal for a 2017 GT with tech?

MSRP with taxes and fees: $40,237.31

Offer $15,347.91 with taxes and fees after trading in my 2016 GT with tech for $23000

Once, I got an email quote that was 1000$ less than truecar price. You can shoot for the price at the lower end of the truecar graph.
I bought mine for almost $5k less than the Truecar price. Truecar gets $300 for the advertisement,so there's 1% you could save right there. Anyways,to each their own. I guess it's better than the folks who pay MSRP or higher. Ouch...

I just test drove a 2017 CX-5 GT and love it! I just started looking, my current car is a 2010 Mazda5 Sport, bought new. I love my Mazda5, (my 1st Mazda ever) but it has 151k miles on it, call me old fashioned but I'm thinking it's time to get a newer car? Am I crazy will my Mazda5, which I maintain, last and be dependable for another 100k or should I get the CX-5? I'm tired of mom cars my kids are older I just have the 14yr old I'm taking places, soon he will be driving. I kind of want a car for me. Frankly I am also tired of buying tires for my Mazda 5. I have never bought so many sets of tires for one car 5 sets to be exact.

The CX-5 is exactly what I am looking for sporty, roomy, fun to drive. So what package has more bang for the buck and how much should I pay? I do like all the bells and whistles nav, Backup Cam, heads up display, lane sensors, AWD, Bluetooth, handsfree etc.... curious will I have to buy so many tires for the CX-5? Does it eat tires like my Mazda5 did?

Ok so how do I start? How do I get this process started, when I bought my Mazda5 we were there forever and I am not good at haggling. Please help me! You guys are all so wise. I need wisdom. I have been driving all kinds of small SUV's and I want the Mazda CX-5.

5 sets with 30k average on a set of tires points to underlying issues. 3 or 4 sets max would be appropriate. Anyhow- see what trim you want. Go to mazda USA website and pick those exact options. Find the MSRP. Taxes are State dependent. A good discount for a CX-5 is 7%.
So if you like a touring with PEP package and its MSRP is 27000. A good price to pay is 25,100 dollars plus taxes and title fees.
Note: you said not good at haggling, otherwise 10% discount should be doable. Also do most dealing via email. Don't go in person. Arrange your finance before hand.

I have to check what is all on them but I don't want the sport models anymore I want all the bells and whistles. I drove a red Grand Touring AWD but idk if it was a premium package not sure what is on the premium package this was listed on sticker for about $34k. It has b/u camera, head up display, sensors in the display which showed blind side obstacles or if I was out of my lane etc. I literally just drove it yesterday.

I have to check what is all on them but I don't want the sport models anymore I want all the bells and whistles. I drove a red Grand Touring AWD but idk if it was a premium package not sure what is on the premium package this was listed on sticker for about $34k. It has b/u camera, head up display, sensors in the display which showed blind side obstacles or if I was out of my lane etc. I literally just drove it yesterday.

If it had the heads-up display, it DOES have the premium package which also includes a few other bells and whistles listed in the specifications page.
Click on Grand Touring and then Packages here: https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/cx-5/specs

Been looking at several crossover SUV's and just made the decision to purchase my first Mazda.

2017 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD
Snowflake White
Preferred equipment package
Towing hitch ($450) and front windows tinted included free

MSRP: 27,835
Sale Price: 25,337
OTD w/TTL: 27,713

Last edited:
5 sets with 30k average on a set of tires points to underlying issues. 3 or 4 sets max would be appropriate. Anyhow- see what trim you want. Go to mazda USA website and pick those exact options. Find the MSRP. Taxes are State dependent. A good discount for a CX-5 is 7%.
So if you like a touring with PEP package and its MSRP is 27000. A good price to pay is 25,100 dollars plus taxes and title fees.
Note: you said not good at haggling, otherwise 10% discount should be doable. Also do most dealing via email. Don't go in person. Arrange your finance before hand.
I have to say you're one of the best here on general knowledge getting a new vehicle with the best possible price and other things on new car purchase! (cool)

Been looking at several crossover SUV's and just made the decision to purchase my first Mazda.

2017 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD
Snowflake White
Preferred equipment package
Towing hitch ($450) and front windows tinted included free

MSRP: 27,835
Sale Price: 25,337
OTD w/TTL: 27,713
Good price.

Latest posts

Back