What did you pay for your CX-5?

We are pretty set on an agreed upon price already, although I have not yet pulled the trigger. The dealer is asking, "What can I do so you buy the car now?"

So instead of revisiting prices again, I am thinking about just saying, "If you throw in the floor mats, cargo cover, and wheel locks, then I'd buy today."

I want those items anyways and they seem to be optional add-ons totaling $430 on the website.

What do you guys think? Am I getting value from these actual add-on items or am I just asking for things that are normally already included and built into the price?

They pay next to nothing for those, so you're not asking for much. I'd be working on the price a little more, although idk where you stand now. Memorial Day and end of the month is coming, all in your favor. They need to sell the car, period, so a little bit of patience can mean huge dividends.

We are pretty set on an agreed upon price already, although I have not yet pulled the trigger. The dealer is asking, "What can I do so you buy the car now?"

So instead of revisiting prices again, I am thinking about just saying, "If you throw in the floor mats, cargo cover, and wheel locks, then I'd buy today."

I want those items anyways and they seem to be optional add-ons totaling $430 on the website.

What do you guys think? Am I getting value from these actual add-on items or am I just asking for things that are normally already included and built into the price?

I got them to throw in the mats, wheel locks & roof rails when I bought back in November - that stuff costs them next to nothing, we got to a price that was awfully close to what I initially wanted and I took the "throw in this stuff so I can feel like I won" approach, they didn't hesitate one bit

They pay next to nothing for those, so you're not asking for much. I'd be working on the price a little more, although idk where you stand now. Memorial Day and end of the month is coming, all in your favor. They need to sell the car, period, so a little bit of patience can mean huge dividends.

Which is true - but you cant buy those things cheap anywhere either - unless you want to go to AlieExpress and buy chinese made which can be hit or miss.
Its worth $$ to end customer because you cant buy it cheaper anywhere.
My CX-5 touring came with tints / rear trunk mat for free. If I were to even get best deals on these - would still be 300 out of my pocket.

Which is true - but you cant buy those things cheap anywhere either - unless you want to go to AlieExpress and buy chinese made which can be hit or miss.
Its worth $$ to end customer because you cant buy it cheaper anywhere.
My CX-5 touring came with tints / rear trunk mat for free. If I were to even get best deals on these - would still be 300 out of my pocket.
I agree with you, I said the same thing you did, so does the guy above. It's value getting accessories thrown in, period.

Hi i'm new here but have been following the board for a couple months. I purchased a 2017 CX-5 GT FWD last weekend. I'm sharing my price and hope this helps:
MSRP $30.5k
Discount $2.3k (not eligible for loyalty)
OTD $30.8k
Financed @1.99 at dealership

Hey guys, agreed to a deal for the following
2017 CX-5 Touring AWD
Deep Crystal Blue Mica with black interior
iActivsense package

$26,640 +TTL and doc fees = $28,810 OTD (7.25% tax)

Going to sign paperwork tomorrow and he will get this for me in 48 hours.

Can't wait.

Canadian experience?

How are other Canadians doing in regards to price and availability?

I'm after a Machine Grey GT + tech, which hamstrings me quite a bit given 2017 supply is still somewhat limited here (Vancouver area). I was offered a very fair value for my trade-in, but no movement from msrp on the new vehicle, so I'm in a holding pattern right now while I wait for dealers to build up some inventory. I might have better luck if I wasn't firm on colour + tech package.

There are a few 2017s on some of the lots here, but GTs (and especially w/tech package) are being snapped up before they're even off the boat. Great for Mazda, bad for me :(

Any Canadians out there with better luck? I'm hoping it will be just a few weeks or maybe end of summer at the latest that will see inventory improve and allow some movement off msrp.

^ I believe Mazda said that 48% of the CX-5 buyers were buying the GT trim, with the vast majority of CX-5s sold being AWD as well. Can't find the article anymore but it seems to align with everything I've seen online and on the road.

RayLomas,

Please let us know how this turns out. Seems like a great deal for awd AND iactivesense package. Dealers in my area are only coming down to 26k for a base 2017 Touring.
Also, if anyone else has purchased the touring lets hear your experience. Seems like everyone in this forum went for the GT. Money bags...

Hi all,

Ordered my 2017 Mazda CX 5 2,2D 175HP AT AWD Skycruise (= Grand Touring or Full Option) Soul Red Crystal/Black Leather at the local dealer last week, catalogue price was $47166 got a fleet discount of 14% so i'm paying $40566.

Howdy!

Just traded in my 2004 Celica for a 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, Soul Red Crystal with Black Leather with the Premium Package and Wheel Locks. MSRP was $34,115. Negotiated down to $32,656.91 in NE Ohio. I probably could have done better, but it was my first time buying a new car, so I didn't press as much as I could have. Next time, I'll demand some free all weather mats. lol

Also, I LOVE THIS CAR!

Howdy!

Just traded in my 2004 Celica for a 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, Soul Red Crystal with Black Leather with the Premium Package and Wheel Locks. MSRP was $34,115. Negotiated down to $32,656.91 in NE Ohio. I probably could have done better, but it was my first time buying a new car, so I didn't press as much as I could have. Next time, I'll demand some free all weather mats. lol

Also, I LOVE THIS CAR!
NEO here. Yay. Maybe I'll finally see one in the wild! LOL. Which dealer?

Hi all,

Ordered my 2017 Mazda CX 5 2,2D 175HP AT AWD Skycruise (= Grand Touring or Full Option) Soul Red Crystal/Black Leather at the local dealer last week, catalogue price was $47166 got a fleet discount of 14% so i'm paying $40566.
You're in Belgium? SkyCruise, Akera...why can't the US have cool names, too?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RayLomas,

Please let us know how this turns out. Seems like a great deal for awd AND iactivesense package. Dealers in my area are only coming down to 26k for a base 2017 Touring.
Also, if anyone else has purchased the touring lets hear your experience. Seems like everyone in this forum went for the GT. Money bags...
Update - signed the paperwork in Friday and he is looking for dealer stock close by. Expecting to get the car in 3-4 days.

Price update - when I said I am transferring plates and don't need new ones, he reduced price by another $30 without me asking. So final OTD is $28,780 coincidentally the exact same as the MSRP. I liked the price. Good thing was negotiations were all done via email and phone so by the time I showed up at the dealer, there was no more haggling . I had worked with their 'internet deal manager' and he handed the paperwork to the local dealer sales person for final workup.

Hope this helps

7eregrine ,

instead of the Trim-name, i would rather worry about not having the diesel in the US (yet ?), you guys really miss out on that !
I always look at those US reviews on YouTube and when talking about the engine and how it drives i haven't seen anyone ecstatic about that, i'm guessing the diesel engine could remedy that.
Although the 0-60 (0-100 over here) numbers aren't really different, driving that diesel with that 420Nm torque-punch really is.
what's really impressive when driving the automatic transmission, is that when you floor the pedal, it really goes seamless (even smoother then driving relaxed) trough the gears and revs up all the way to 5000+rpm (boom04) .
Gotta love those stoplights for that (drive2)

Last edited:
7eregrine ,

instead of the Trim-name, i would rather worry about not having the diesel in the US (yet ?), you guys really miss out on that)

No we don't, IMO, the diesel will be a dud here. We shall see I guess, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it fail miserably...

No we don't, IMO, the diesel will be a dud here. We shall see I guess, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it fail miserably...

Hi, i guess it is also a state of mind too, in the US you do have always had more petrol cars, here in Belgium its the other way around (since the early 80's), but it's changing again over here, petrol is getting more popular due to emission taxes.
We are a small country and our neighbors in the north, The Netherlands are too more petrol minded.
But if you get the chance test-driving a 2,2 SkyActiv D, don't hesitate.

I'm after a Machine Grey GT + tech, which hamstrings me quite a bit given 2017 supply is still somewhat limited here (Vancouver area). I was offered a very fair value for my trade-in, but no movement from msrp on the new vehicle, so I'm in a holding pattern right now while I wait for dealers to build up some inventory. I might have better luck if I wasn't firm on colour + tech package.

There are a few 2017s on some of the lots here, but GTs (and especially w/tech package) are being snapped up before they're even off the boat. Great for Mazda, bad for me :(

Any Canadians out there with better luck? I'm hoping it will be just a few weeks or maybe end of summer at the latest that will see inventory improve and allow some movement off msrp.

I tried to keep new car separate from trade in to compare apples to apples at a couple of dealerships. Best I got was $1,200 off MSRP on our GS + Comfort + i-Activesense plus 2 oil changes + the 2 front windows tinted. On top of that I was offered what I felt was a fair enough offer on my trade.

The next closest deal I had was the same discount on the car and a trade-in value approx $2,000 lower than what I ended up getting in the deal we went with. No window tint or oil changes either, but we didn't get that far into negotiating when they were so far off what I needed / wanted on our trade in.

3rd try... that dealer didn't even seem to really want to work with us at the time. It was later on a Friday so maybe it was just timing but I didn't go much farther than ballpark pricing, which was really no where near the ballpark of the other 2.

We wanted out of our previous car pretty badly so it worked out for us.

Not a GT... but hope that helps a little.

I picked up my Machine Grey GT + Tech yesterday from Signature Mazda. I had to wait about 3 weeks for it. It does seem like GT + tech package is hardest to get in Canada. My friend is still waiting for his White GT + tech that he purchased at same time (end of April). We dealt with additional accessories rather than adjusting the MSRP. I think we got pretty good deal considering the availability. I'm still waiting for most of accoessories (roof rack + cross bar, hitch, premium liners). They only had cargo liner and cover.

OK, we get it - you really, really, really hate diesels as you've stated numerous times. Even though you have never driven a CX 5 with.that engine! Funny how people on this forum who actually have (like Matthredsox for one) seem to very strongly disagree with you (and that's putting it mildly). I think I'll go out on a limb and state the obvious: I trust him more than you on this issue..
If u don't like the diesel then don't buy it - IMHO more consumer options r always preferable to the alternative. But may I humbly suggest that you please stop spreading false information based on conjecture and your obvious biases. The car will be here soon enough and then we can make our respective decisions. Thank you.

Back