What did you pay for your CX-5?

Ok, here's the best deal I could work out in my area. Keep in mind that I REALLY wanted a CX-5 in Red and there aren't too many of those left, so I could have probably gotten a better deal by going with a different color, both in not having the premium color extra cost and in that other colors might be harder to sell.

2016.5 Grand Touring AWD with Tech package
Red / Black
Accessories: Roof Rails and wheel locks (already on the car)
$32,555 MSRP
$30,178 Pre TTL
$32,818 OTD (pre-$2,000 rebate)

So, with the rebate, it's $30,818...or about 14% off final MSRP with TTL price ($35,235). I think that's "ok", not great. Again, if I wanted to spend more time haggling I probably could have done better, but for what I wanted, there really weren't many left.

Congrats to everyone who are knocking it out of the park with better deals, hopefully I'll do better next time.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I did not have a trade in on this deal.

Last edited:
Just brought home a 2016.5 Touring AWD with bose, moonroof and navigation for $23,330 before TTL.

Last edited:
Just brought home a 2016.5 Touring AWD with bose, moonroof and navigation for $23,330 before TTL.
Nice! What was the exact MSRP and what all incentives did you receive? Seems like a great price, but hard to tell without this info. What state are you located in? I'd be interested in speaking with this dealer. I had a pretty good deal drawn up yesterday until the dealership turned into a stealership and tried changing the paperwork. Now I'm back to square one, and really wanted to buy this weekend...

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone on my progress. After much DD, I have the following offers:

2016.5 Touring FWD (no added options)
MSRP: $26315 --> best quote: $21000 + TTL = $23400 OTD

2016.5 Grand Touring FWD (no added options)
MSRP: $29670 --> best quote: $24000 + TTL = $27000 OTD

This includes the $2k customer cash. No military/loyalty cash (I'm not eligible for those). Let me know how I did, and if you think it's worth the extra $3.6k for the GT. Thanks in advance.

Hoping everything pans out and I'm driving in CX-5 by tonight (rockon).

Any luck on sealing this deal?

Just picked up my 2017 AWD GT in Machine Gray yesterday. Ended up getting it for $30,000 (pre TTL) after the $500 loyalty. Also did a trade-in, but they matched the CarMax quote, so worked out fine. Not as good of a deal as the 2016.5, but love the interior and it's a big upgrade from my 2008 Mazda3 hatchback that I just traded in. :)

Jakelee and mammoth...C'mon guys, come through with those killer deals you guys got.

$2k cash back through Mazda, $18xx true car discount, $530 for a dealer misquote. Don't recall original MSRP but I was out the door at $25700 after taxes and fees (nearly 9% tax in LA).

Just about 16% off MSRP.

(Touring AWD with Bose/Moonroof)

Edit: MSRP was $27,669

Last edited:
Jakelee and mammoth...C'mon guys, come through with those killer deals you guys got.

Confirmed, I got the 2016.5 CX-5 GT FWD for ~$27100 OTD. Buying process actually went well... only hitch was that I was unaware that the tax rate in my county went up 0.5% April 1 so OTD price was $100 higher than expected.

Here is my breakdown:
MSRP: $29670
Sales Price: $26400
TTL/Taxes: $2700
Customer Cash: $2000
OTD Price: $27100
Percent off: 17-18%

How *I think* I got it: I started using the Mazda inventory website a few weeks back and tracked how many 2016.5 CX-5s each dealer had left and recorded it weekly. Once Mazda increased the cash back to $2k, I knew it would be easier to get the price I wanted. I targeted dealers that sold less than 10% of their CX-5s week over week first to get a feel of the "going price", and then emailed other local dealers. Sure and interestingly enough, the dealer I bought it from didn't even sell any White CX-5s in over 2 weeks.

They also offered me the White Touring (MSRP: $26315) for $21000 +TTL/taxes (20% off) but since my budget was $27k, I went with the GT.

Hope this helps! If anyone is from Norcal, you can PM me for the dealer/salesperson.

Last edited:
Confirmed, I got the 2016.5 CX-5 GT FWD for ~$27100 OTD. Buying process actually went well... only hitch was that I was unaware that the tax rate in my county went up 0.5% April 1 so OTD price was $100 higher than expected.

Here is my breakdown:

How *I think* I got it: I started using the Mazda inventory website a few weeks back and tracked how many 2016.5 CX-5s each dealer had left and recorded it weekly. Once Mazda increased the cash back to $2k, I knew it would be easier to get the price I wanted. I targeted dealers that sold less than 10% of their CX-5s week over week first to get a feel of the "going price", and then emailed other local dealers. Sure and interestingly enough, the dealer I bought it from didn't even sell any White CX-5s in over 2 weeks.

They also offered me the White Touring (MSRP: $26315) for $21000 +TTL/taxes (20% off) but since my budget was $27k, I went with the GT.

Hope this helps! If anyone is from Norcal, you can PM me for the dealer/salesperson.
Thanks! Definitely helps!! We are in the same boat, but my dealer isn't budging, and is now playing games. He has 140 on the lot, and hasn't sold any in two weeks. Hopefully this week is the week he realizes he gives me your deal and he sells one...thanks again, guys, and enjoy your new rides...

I would wait it out a little bit if you can. I believe the customer cash rebate is paid out from corporate so I think people can score 11-13% off pre-customer cash like I did. Good luck!

I would wait it out a little bit if you can. I believe the customer cash rebate is paid out from corporate so I think people can score 11-13% off pre-customer cash like I did. Good luck!

Me too! I'm all for waiting till end of this month. I do want a specific color, but I'm keeping track of all within a 750 mile radius of my area, and they aren't moving, and haven't been for months now...thanks a lot! I too will post my deal once the day finally comes...

Here is my breakdown:

Where is the inventory website?

Where is the inventory website?

mazdausa.com

Then go straight to the dealer websites and track the ones you would like. I've done the same, they aren't selling much here either. Surely deals can be had with a little more patience...

New to the Mazda forum though I'm fairly active on the Bimmerfest BMW forum. Recognize at least one person here from there. Hey Bayern!
Leased a 2017 CX-5 today. Will serve as the wife's DD.
This is our second Mazda. the first was a 2006 Mazda3 S Touring

Details of the deal:
2017 Grand Touring AWD
Soul Red over Parchment leather
term: 36 months/30k miles
MSRP: $32,230
Sales price: $31000
$0 money down
Drive off $1383 (includes first payment; acquisition fee, title, registration, dealer doc fee).
Monthly: $370.89 (includes 6% sales tax and 3% motor vehicle lease tax-pennsylvania).

I'm headed into the dealer tomorrow to purchase a 2017 Touring AWD w/ Preferred Equipment Package.

MSRP is $29,290 (incl. destination fee). Received an $1,100 discount for a final price incl. taxes and fees of $29,751. Pretty happy about the deal.

This will be our first Mazda - super excited!

If you want to pay full MSRP yourself, go ahead. Make the dealers boat payment for him. The typcial dealership does just fine selling for a few bucks over invoice. There are a number of holdbacks and volume incentives that make up the difference so they stay profitable.

I wish this logic was applied in other markets...perhaps like the healthcare industry. Anywho I digress.

I paid MSRP minus 1500 in discounts, (Military, Loyalty, and they gave me a $500 rebate). They negated one of those discounts with their fees, plus since the CX5 isn't being registered in the US, I was exempted from sales tax, which I consider a wash because I have to pay a couple thousand to ship it to me privately.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I purchased a 2017 Soul Red Crystal Grand Touring AWD with Premium Package and black leather interior (MSRP 34,060) this week. I was very specific about the car I wanted and there were only a half dozen or so within 50 miles of my house so my ability to negotiate was limited. None the less I ended up getting about $1000 off MSRP. The "draw me in" offer was $1768 off MSRP, but the "required to pay" dealer add ons ended up costing about $700.

Back