What did you pay for your CX-5?

ricehoot has finance background and he calculated the best interest rate they could get without Mazda's 0% financing would cost them $1,300 more even with further $1,000 price cut from Mazda's cash bonus.
No financial background needed to come to those numbers, and also to the conclusion that it wasn't a great deal to write home about...

Sales price of $23600, which turned out to be a cheaper overall cost than a 3% interest rate on $22600.

Facepalm! You were getting a touring for 22XXX and you did not take it because of 10% from dealer? You know you can switch to a 2% loan within a month for under 100?
2 % on the car from a CU over 4 years will be 946 dollars. So in effect you paid 1300 upfront and lost 1300 - (946+100) = $ 250 overall. Not to mention extra tax you paid off - so overall bad.
If you financed for 5 years you still would lose tax paid + $20.

So what's the % he got off because it doesn't seem like a great deal to me. I mean if he would've gotten the extra $1k off, maybe, but with the current circumstances and the volume I see on the lots, it seems there's room to push for that. Guess I will find out a little more today...
His original deal seemed about 14% which is cool.
I got touring with bose for 23911, Now he got touring for 23600 - So not a stellar deal imo.
But Tourings are less in volume than GTs. Mazda sells 50% GT, touring would be 30% and Sport about 20% - so tourings are not in huge volumes.

Last edited:
Just bought a 2017 GT FWD with Premium Package in Machine Gray for $1000 off MSRP. No incentives or discounts, just straight up negotiation.

FYI - I can confirm Costco pricing for 2017 is currently $300 over invoice. My salesman showed me the pricing today. That comes out to about $760 off this configuration I put together.

GT FWD with Snowflake white pearl and premium package
Invoice MSRP
Base $28,558 $29,395
Options$ $1,807 $2,030
Destination $940 $940
Total $31,305 $32,365

I just noticed that the Mazdausa.com website has updated their purchase incentives on 2016.5 CX-5s. They are still offering 0% financing but they upped the cash back from $1,000 to now $2,000.

FYI - I can confirm Costco pricing for 2017 is currently $300 over invoice. My salesman showed me the pricing today. That comes out to about $760 off this configuration I put together.

GT FWD with Snowflake white pearl and premium package
Invoice MSRP
Base $28,558 $29,395
Options$ $1,807 $2,030
Destination $940 $940
Total $31,305 $32,365
It's $1,060 off the list - a good price at this stage!

It's $1,060 off the list - a good price at this stage!

Actually it's the invoice price I listed + $300. So $32,365 (MSRP) - $31,605 (Invoice + $300) = $760 in savings.

I consider that okay/good at this point. Another $300-$500 off is great imo.

Actually it's the invoice price I listed + $300. So $32,365 (MSRP) - $31,605 (Invoice + $300) = $760 in savings.

I consider that okay/good at this point. Another $300-$500 off is great imo.
Yeah you're right! I forgot the $300 over invoice! I'm pretty sure the longer you can wait, the better the price will be! Or take $2,000 cash back for a 2016.5 CX-5! Personally if I'm in the market for a compact CUV right now without already-owned CX-5, I definitely would go for a 2016.5 CX-5. I feel 1st-gen CX-5 is much better looking, and has many better features 2nd-gen doesn't have.

Don't tell me that! (hand)

;)

Sorry, I do think it was a bit deceptive of Mazda to list the $1,000 off "until 4/30/17" but to then change it to $2,000 off until 5/1/17. I knew something was up when they changed the $1,000 off offer this weekend to end on April 3...I guess the new 2017s are now officially here, so officially they need to run the 16s out the door.

Sorry, I do think it was a bit deceptive of Mazda to list the $1,000 off "until 4/30/17" but to then change it to $2,000 off until 5/1/17. I knew something was up when they changed the $1,000 off offer this weekend to end on April 3...I guess the new 2017s are now officially here, so officially they need to run the 16s out the door.

Contacted the dealer I've been working with and trying to solidify a deal with to ask them. They confirmed it was up to $2k now, but said I've already gotten their best price. Lol sure I did. I'll look elsewhere, now...

Anyone ever hear of an "EP number" a salesman gets to lower prices even further. Claims has 4 a year to use, and I can get one if I show up in person, lol. Go figure...

No worries; I was kidding (mostly). Bought mine back in January. I knew I could save more if I waited, but once my mind was made up it was a done deal and all I would have done was agonize over any decision until I finally pulled the trigger. ;)

Looking to buy the 2016.5 CX-5 Touring (base) for 16-20% off. For anyone that has followed this thread through the years, with Mazda now offering $2K customer cash, is this possible?

Does anyone know if the $2k customer cash is deducted after taxes? or before?

For anyone else in my situation, it is now a no-brainer to take $2k cash back vs. 0% Mazda financing as you can just refinance back to with PenFed 2.24% the following month.

Planning to e-mail local dealers this Thurs and hopefully have a car by Sunday. *fingers crossed*

Last edited:
Looking to buy the 2016.5 CX-5 Touring (base) for 16-20% off. For anyone that has followed this thread through the years, with Mazda now offering $2K customer cash, is this possible?

Does anyone know if the $2k customer cash is deducted after taxes? or before?

For anyone else in my situation, it is now a no-brainer to take $2k cash back vs. 0% Mazda financing as you can just refinance back to with PenFed 2.24% the following month.

Planning to e-mail local dealers this Thurs and hopefully have a car by Sunday. *fingers crossed*
So far, customer cash has been deducted before taxes.
As for the 16-20%, good luck! I think they should and can, but they've been more
Resilient than I anticipated. Stuck at 12.2% at the moment, and told them I was a buyer at 15% (didn't use the %, the price equivalent). Contacted back today bc of the $1k extra customer cash, which would get me to the 15%, and the dealer told me I had his best price already, so I too start the look again tmw. We're in the same boat, if I can get 15-20%, they'll sell a car this week for sure. I'm willing to fly outta town for a mini vacay to get the car, so peeps please post up those good offers and where if they come in...

Good luck to us....

Looking to buy the 2016.5 CX-5 Touring (base) for 16-20% off.
So far, customer cash has been deducted before taxes.
As for the 16-20%, good luck! I think they should and can, but they've been more
Resilient than I anticipated. Stuck at 12.2% at the moment, and told them I was a buyer at 15% (didn't use the %, the price equivalent). Contacted back today bc of the $1k extra customer cash, which would get me to the 15%, and the dealer told me I had his best price already, so I too start the look again tmw. We're in the same boat, if I can get 15-20%, they'll sell a car this week for sure. I'm willing to fly outta town for a mini vacay to get the car, so peeps please post up those good offers and where if they come in...
Good luck to us....
What are you two's target purchasing price in $ amount (with destination but before TT&L) on which trim level and options?

Price quoted for the 2017 GT AWD in Machine Gray:
MSRP $31,935 / Costco $30,827 ($1,108 off)

Adding premium package:
MSRP $33,765 / Costco $32,328 ($1,437 off)

Back