What did the CX-5 replace?

old-school

Contributor
:
CX-5
We are first time Mazda owners, coming here via Ford. Had 3 Subaru's in a row in the past but kind of got over the Suby thing a while ago. Currently have an '06 Escape Hybrid with 250k miles that SWMBO replaced with the GT CX-5 as her DD.

I was allowed to drive the CX-5 today into town. What a absolutely wonderful piece of engineering. The only word I can find to descibe the Mazda is tight. Suspension, motor, trans are a cut above. The vehicle feels light, but sure footed and 'right' with the road. We like a stiff ride and while this is stiff it isn't nervous. What a fine automobile. The Escape was the most popular in it's time, the CX-5 should be the standard for this period.

As a bonus I get the Escape hand-me-down for commuting to work. I finally have a vehcle worth washing to drive to work, and the heater, defroster and AC works. I'm like a pig in mud.

What did you replace with your CX-5?

Last edited:
I previously owned a 2013 cx-5. I came from a 2007 Escape XLT V6. It was decent, but at generally mediocre. The motor was strong though. I am impressed by the cx-5 handling and I have made modifications to improve the handling for my tastes.

'08 BMW 328i
Is your name (Seminole) a reference to Piper?
Piper%20Seminole%205.png

Ok, we got 2 Escapes and one Nissan GLE. But the beemer begs embelishment rudycx5. So how ya like the Mazda?

Having owned 89 Ford Probe GT which was a sister car to MX-6 and 98 Miata buying CX 5 was very easy decision. One thing that I would like to have on my CX 5 is manual transmission with 2.5 l engine (CX 5 is my first car with AT) other than that this car is perfect.

My CX-5 replaced a 2007 Explorer EB 4wd V8, then in summer of 2014 I sold the CX-5 to a relative.

2008 VW Rabbit 2.5L, 5 Cylinder.

Attachments

• 8c1b948807d948590ad364fe4907c007.jpg
    8c1b948807d948590ad364fe4907c007.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 150
Replaced a 2001 Audi Allroad. The Audi was a very nice luxury car and handled well.The CX-5 is more fun. Go to the front of the manual and read what Zoom Zoom means. They really mean it.

Replaced a 2001 Audi Allroad. The Audi was a very nice luxury car and handled well.The CX-5 is more fun. Go to the front of the manual and read what Zoom Zoom means. They really mean it.

Did you ever have any issues with the automatic transmission on your Audi? My boss is a diehard Audi fan and it seems every one he has had since '94 has had an issue or failure.

Did you ever have any issues with the automatic transmission on your Audi? My boss is a diehard Audi fan and it seems every one he has had since '94 has had an issue or failure.

I got a torque converter warning light at about 3.5 years It was changed under warranty. other then that, no problem with the drive train. It was a nice car. I like the CX-5 better.

Back