What did I do???

Piston #4 Screwed!

Spark plug #4 was pulled and it need a lot of force to pull it. The plug was unrecognizable.

Now what do I do? I love this car. I am almost tearing up over here...

New engine buddy. Just find a used engine and drop it in, cheapest way.

I put a hole in the #4 piston. Probably from the spark plug...anyway, the engine is being rebuilt as we speak. There are no rebuilt engines that my mechanic trusts on the Wet Coast so I am going to have it 'remanufactured'. My mechanic said this will be much better than a rebuilt.

We'll see, I guess.

Any comments? Questions? Insight? Advice? Bull$hit you want to share?

dont feel so bad i spun a rod bearing and now i have a motor on its way to my house. yippe cant wait to get it in with a new clutch. i miss my car
edit: if i wasnt getting married in a month i woulda had a 7lb flywheel in there also :p

Last edited:
"Blue Smoke: Blue smoke is caused by engine oil entering the cylinder area and being burned along with the fuel air mixture. As with the white smoke, just a small drop of oil leaking into the cylinder can produce blue smoke out the tailpipe. Blue smoke is more likely in older or higher mileage vehicles than newer cars with fewer miles.

How did the engine oil get inside the cylinder in the first place? The car has many seals, gaskets, and O-rings that are designed to keep the engine oil from entering the cylinder, and one of them has failed. If too much oil leaks into the cylinder and fouls the spark plug, it will cause a misfire (engine miss) in that cylinder, and the spark plug will have to be replaced or cleaned of the oil. Using thicker weight engine oil or an oil additive designed to reduce oil leaks might help reduce the amount of oil leaking into the cylinder. "

drgnzadiel101 said:
How did the engine oil get inside the cylinder in the first place? The car has many seals, gaskets, and O-rings that are designed to keep the engine oil from entering the cylinder, and one of them has failed. If too much oil leaks into the cylinder and fouls the spark plug, it will cause a misfire (engine miss) in that cylinder, and the spark plug will have to be replaced or cleaned of the oil. Using thicker weight engine oil or an oil additive designed to reduce oil leaks might help reduce the amount of oil leaking into the cylinder. "
Thanks. See post #25.

I got my car back! The new used engine seems to pull better than the original.

I got the piston back that got a hole in it and one of the valves. It's messed up! I'll post a pic as soon as I can.

Does anyone know what the normal compression ratio is for the 2.0l engine?

I got my car back! The new used engine seems to pull better than the original.

I got the piston back that got a hole in it and one of the valves. It's messed up! I'll post a pic as soon as I can.

Does anyone know what the normal compression ratio is for the 2.0l engine?

I believe its 9.1:1, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Check my #4 piston. Holy crap! (stooges) I didn't know this happened. Damn.

I didn't know the pistons were this large either but hey how else do you get 100hp, right? Wait...at one point this was Zero hp. :p

Can you see anything else besides the hole

Last edited:
I can see your hand, and a probably a grill... Besides that... An extremely melted piston. Sorry bro but your luck is bound to change.
P.S. Put that on a wall or something. What a trophy!

Latest posts

Back