what cars can we beat stock, that are stock and that are in our class

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find all this very interesting since I just bought a '03.5 MSP a week ago. I am also a Honda Civic owner (I know, I know). It's pretty obvious everyone here are Honda-haters. The only thing that bothers me about this thread is that we are comparing a stock turbocharged car with all-motor cars. That's not comparing apples to apples. I find that a little disappointing, but my wife and l still love our new MSP. BTW, I think this forum is great and I haven't intended on offending anyone on my first post.

tritonheat1 said:
MSP loses to:

RX-8
350Z

I don't know about these, I test drove a 350Z two weeks ago and an RX-8 last weekend and neither of them pull very hard. I believe the RX-8 has slightly lower torque than the MSP, so unless you're racing to 120 MPH, I don't think it would win. The 350Z seemed to me to be a big heavy pig with not much pull at all. I'm sure I'm wrong about both, but they just didn't seem as fast. Very scientific analysis I know.

Last edited:
xxMSPxx said:
Neons......not the srt4

Not that I spanked the local SRT4's monkey a few weeks ago in SCCA solo II or anything. Both car were box stock.

Have also beaten WRX's in SoloII.

It's all about what type of competion you want to win.

rock on,
e

Yeah I can't wait to start autox..the MSP will kick some ass..its not always about straight lines

let's get ****** serious for a minute in a quarter mile a stock msp with 170hp can not beat a stock 350z,rx-8,wrx,or srt-4.

When will you people learn, this car is not setup for Dragging. soft springs are not good for straight line performance.

This car will outhandle anything up to a super car (or MR config). Take solace in that.

ok but how many people on here that said they raced these cars race them at a autox track they race them on tha street

Seriously... there's no way an MSP will take a 350Z or RX8 on the strip. AutoX is a different story though.

2) 92 i-roc z ???????????

Sorry, I'm going to call bulls*** on this. First off, an I-roc would eat our cars with no problem. "The IROC-Z TPI 350 is now rated at 245 hp at 4400 rpm with 345 lbs.-ft. of torque at 3200 rpm", that was for the 1990. Which brings me to my final point, 1990 was the final year for IROC's. Chevy ended their association with the organizers of the International Race of Champions and 1990 was the final year. Z-28 became the flagship once again.

excuse me but i thought 90 was the last year its pretty bad that the guy driving his own car dont know its two years older than he thinks it is but anyways no bs on that one.. my 6300 lb. chevy truck with a vortech 305 beat it and my 3.5 msp beat it...

hey about the rx8s i was at the dealer last night talkin to some guy and asked how its handling would compare to my protege (as i point to the mazdaspeed they hate me for it because they couldnt get em in and i wouldnt buy their mazda6) he said that its not even comparable to a protege that the rx8 would kick its ass

hey about the rx8s i was at the dealer last night talkin to some guy and asked how its handling would compare to my protege (as i point to the mazdaspeed they hate me for it because they couldnt get em in and i wouldnt buy their mazda6) he said that its not even comparable to a protege that the rx8 would kick its ass

RyanJayG said:
Black and white Crown Victorias, Caprice Classics, and Impalas

Can you truthfully say you raced a B&W Crown Vic from a stop light?

Last edited:
275tiMSP said:
i took a Stock WRX on the FREEWAY cruisin at 65mph threw- it into 3rd and took him by about car-n-a-half (hit 135) Got 3 Witnesses....but on the other hand i hung with my buddys' WRX. he got the up&down pipe full catback....he took me about a half-a-car...... he had a strong 4th gear......
But yea on the freeway (Stock)MSP will own (Stock)WRX....
off the line....WRX will own....depending on the driver....
"It wont Hurt to Try"

I saw a ferrari the other day on the highway...i pulled up next to him and dropped into 3rd and kicked his ass....he didn't even know what hit him...

...oh wait, maybe thats cause he was cruising in 6th when I challenged and he didn't feel like dropping 3 gears to race some punk.

Actually, the kid probably has a z-28, which if I recall was TPI with a 305. Someone may have put the I-ROC sticker on the car, and sold it that way. Hell, I've seen people try to pass off a Trans Am as a GTA ( and one kid trying to say it was a Firehawk). Assuming the car wasn't maintained, yeah a MSP might beat it. I'm still doubtful though. My mechanic has a 92 z-28( runs 11.47 in the qtr-I've got MPEG's) I had an 84 Z-28(light amount of work done 350TH tranny, Holley 650DP, B&M Shift Kit, 3.73 rear), so I know what they are capable of stock, and modified.

Here's the Specs of most 3rd Gen F-Body's as I remember them.
Engine Specs
Standard V-6: 2.8 Litre: 175 HP
Standard Z28 V-8: 5.0 Litre: 235 HP
Optional V-8: 5.7 Litre: 280 HP

My 84 was marked as a 5.0 HO (High Output), which always confused me a bit. Might have just been marketing spin, I never looked into it. Traditionally Chevy likes to use Cubic Inches and Ford likes to use Liters (305 = 5.0 / 350 = 5.7) so the 5.0 kinda always bugged me. Also came with an electronic Carb, literally just cut all the wires and put on the Holley. Yeah, I miss that car. Fastest thing between two gas stations.

BigGun22 said:
2) 92 i-roc z ???????????

Sorry, I'm going to call bulls*** on this. First off, an I-roc would eat our cars with no problem. "The IROC-Z TPI 350 is now rated at 245 hp at 4400 rpm with 345 lbs.-ft. of torque at 3200 rpm", that was for the 1990. Which brings me to my final point, 1990 was the final year for IROC's. Chevy ended their association with the organizers of the International Race of Champions and 1990 was the final year. Z-28 became the flagship once again.

excuse me but i thought 90 was the last year its pretty bad that the guy driving his own car dont know its two years older than he thinks it is but anyways no bs on that one.. my 6300 lb. chevy truck with a vortech 305 beat it and my 3.5 msp beat it...

murdock_ said:
mmm i smoked a ferrari from a stand still with my taurus wagon.. i swear

oh yeah man i was there when that happpend i was right behind the guy in the Ferrari.... you had him the whole way, damn that guy was pissed, and later that day i pulled up to a lambo in my MPV and smoked that, oh and it was the LM002

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back