What car did you trade in for your CX-5?

Hi,

I'm living in France, I traded my BMW X3 : year 2007, 150hp 2.0d, 128 000km, Luxe edition (all options, leather, ...) . I still wonder if I made a big mistake. (braindead

And I've to wait for long weeks before getting my CX-5 : expected delivery is late November (sad2)

;)

Turned in my 2012 Honda black on black Crosstour. You can't beat the MPG's the CX-5 has to offer which is the main reason I'm driving it now. The CX-5 is a pretty sweet ride. Now I'm looking to mod it up.

Traded a 2002 Nissan Altima. Was NOT well cared for by my wife. Poor car was in bad shape. Hopefully she does better with the CX-5. It is a constant battle trying to get her to keep it clean, not trash it out and run or back up into stationary objects.

Have to hand it to the Altima, though. It was a very reliable car while we had. Great mileage too and quite comfortable.

Turned in my 2012 Honda black on black Crosstour. You can't beat the MPG's the CX-5 has to offer which is the main reason I'm driving it now. The CX-5 is a pretty sweet ride. Now I'm looking to mod it up.

A 2012 Crossturd, wow that's a nearly new car. What were your findings/reasons for dumping that rather unattractive wagon thing?

btw - Looking forward to seeing your mods later on CX-5.

My 2000 Honda Odyssey with 355,000 km is just about ready to give up so It was time to trade it in. I'm sure I'll miss the roominess and cargo space versatility of the van but in return I should be getting a much better gas mileage from the FWD CX-5 GS.

Didn't trade anytihing in. Decided to keep my 2001 PT Cruiser and turn it over to my son who should have his license by the end of the year. I've always liked the car, the styling and the space, but the milage was horrible. I've gotten an immediate 50% increase in mileage with the CX-5. I was one of those people back in 2000 that factory ordered the PT, waited four months (which was on the short side) for a build date and then tracked in on the train from Mexico to Maryland. And I was one of the few on the road at the time. Sounds like deja vous all over again with the CX-5. The PT only has 92K miles on it, but a 12 year old car is a 12 year old car. Perfect for a teenager. Lovin' the CX-5.

Traded in a 04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G with 80K on it. Had just about 2000$ in mods. I do miss the power, but that's about it. I save about 160$ a month in gas :)

Traded in a 06 Toyota corolla that I purchased new. Never a single problem, super reliable car. How Toyota's hold their value is amazing and allowed me a great trade in. Very happy with the cx-5 so far.

Traded in a 06 Toyota corolla that I purchased new. Never a single problem, super reliable car. How Toyota's hold their value is amazing and allowed me a great trade in. Very happy with the cx-5 so far.

Did u think they gave u fair value for your corolla... Compared to kbb??

Did u think they gave u fair value for your corolla... Compared to kbb??
Yes believe it or not. At first the came in 2k less but the next day they really wanted the sale I guess. Seems like all dealers come in way less than kbb, most use nada that is subscription based.

Traded in my 2006 BMW 330xi. I miss the power, but little else. Damn car spent more time in repair than any other vehicle I have ever owned. Doesn't hurt that I am saving over $600 a year in insurance either!

I had a 2004 VW Jetta manual with the 2.0 (2.slow) engine. I loved the car and it was fun and really reliable for the first 160,000 miles. With a 2 year old and the possibility of another child, my wife and I decided we needed something bigger for our daily driver (She has a Crew Cab Toyota Tacoma that gets lousy mileage so we usually drive my car whenever we go somewhere as a family). I fell in love with the Sky Blue color so I began working with a local dealership. I sold the Jetta back in June and just got my CX-5 two days ago. It was well worth the wait. I know a lot of people complain about the horsepower, but is has 30 more hp than my Jetta did and it only weighs about 400 lbs more which means it's a rocket by comparison. Plus, it gets better mileage than the Jetta and has a smaller turning radius. The CX-5 is like getting a grown-up car without having to get a "daddy" car.

Maxda has archived a lot of "conquest" sales with CX-5, as shown in this thread.

2009 Honda Accord LX-P. I was getting tired (at 72) of getting down into, and up out of a car. I just wanted to more or less just slide in, and the CRV was not the vehicle for me.

2009 Nissan Altima Coupe. Had a lot of grief with the car. CVT failing, both doors rusting on welds, wiper intermittently not wiping even though it is set to wipe, etc...

2003 Ford Focus Base model, I actually sold it privately, but the CX-5 is the replacement, time to move up after doing with out.

2004 Honda Jazz. Really wanted an SUV (Urban Shopping Vehicle) that was substantially "best in class".
Considered Volkswagen Tiguan but discouraged by high servicing costs, lack of reliability and customer support, lack of luggage space, and defective DSG transmissions. (considering that CVT in Jazz was starting to play up and replacement equaled the vehicle value!)

Traded a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 for a Mazda2 in February 2011. Gas was killing me.
Traded the Mazda2 for the CX-5 Sport this month. Large, looming tractor trailers were killing me.

Back