What brand of bulbs do you guys like most? Non-HID please

Sushi-Monster

Sparco Freak!
:
Titanium Grey 2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege
I'm currently using StreetGlow H4's. They are white but have a slight blue tint. I was looking for a total white but I guess thats okay.

How much did you pay for your bulbs? I paid $30 from the good guys of protegegarage.com.

I installed Silvania Silverstars into my bros 99' Grand Am. Boy do they look yellow! But from a distance for sure they have a bit of white to them but its still very yellow compared to my bulbs. Also, my bulbs are rated @ 100/90w's... will our wires be able to take that type of punishment?

Sylvania Silverstar... I love these bulbs in my MSP.

I bought mine from Pepboys. There was a rebate, but the cashier messed up and sold them to me for $11.53 out the door.

Last edited:
As far as I have heard Street Glows are about as white as you'll get from a Halogen bulb. It would help if they took off the silly blue coating. Makes my brights look silly during the daytime.

i use catz bulbs. Very very good looking bulb. looks similar to hid color but of course not as bright.

-B

whats the best one that doesnt look like fake HID doesnt have to look blue just something brighter then the stock ones ?

i'm using HKS Power Beam H4's (these are actually japanese koito bulbs rebadged but with a higher OUTPUT wattage by 5 or 10). keep in mind supposed output not wattage draw (still drawing your stock wattage. a thing some generic brands do NOT do). these are the whitest and the brightest that i've seen by far. they are a little brighter and whiter (less yellow) then the PIAA Super/Platinum Whites. also keep in mind these are comparable if not better then the PIAA's are other name brands because it's made by koito, a manufacturer of OEM light assemblies and bulbs. cost would probably be about $36+. here's the link...
http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=1514

i'm using HKS Power Beam H4's (these are actually japanese koito bulbs rebadged but with a higher OUTPUT wattage by 5 or 10). keep in mind supposed output not wattage draw (still drawing your stock wattage. a thing some generic brands do NOT do). these are the whitest and the brightest that i've seen by far. they are a little brighter and whiter (less yellow) then the PIAA Super/Platinum Whites. virtually no yellow and definitely no blue! even when the light is off you can't see any hint of blue in the housing. also keep in mind these are comparable if not better then the PIAA's are other name brands because it's made by koito, a manufacturer of OEM light assemblies and bulbs. cost would probably be about $36+. here's the link...

Last edited:
if u want the whitest hyper whites you gotta look on ebay for "hilite" 7000k h4 bulbs, they don't look like any other hyper white bulbs with the blue tinge to it. these are white

Sushi-Monster said:
I installed Silvania Silverstars into my bros 99' Grand Am. Boy do they look yellow! But from a distance for sure they have a bit of white to them but its still very yellow compared to my bulbs. Also, my bulbs are rated @ 100/90w's... will our wires be able to take that type of punishment?
100/90W bulbs are a bad idea. Aside from being illegal, they can overload/burn your headlight wiring harness and damage the headlight socket and other internal headlight parts.

Along with Puckpimp71, I recommend Osram Silverstars for the reason he mentioned. I also bought mine from: www.powerbulbs.com

I got the cheap blue eurodezigns bulbs. Only $9.95 on ebay. They look nice with a hint of blue, but it seems they don't have a good light output.

alexlitov said:
Search please

You'd be surpirsed how much I searched on this topic... everyone has there own opions... I would rather want a direct answer now.

starflare21 said:
i'm using HKS Power Beam H4's (these are actually japanese koito bulbs rebadged but with a higher OUTPUT wattage by 5 or 10). keep in mind supposed output not wattage draw (still drawing your stock wattage. a thing some generic brands do NOT do). these are the whitest and the brightest that i've seen by far. they are a little brighter and whiter (less yellow) then the PIAA Super/Platinum Whites. virtually no yellow and definitely no blue! even when the light is off you can't see any hint of blue in the housing. also keep in mind these are comparable if not better then the PIAA's are other name brands because it's made by koito, a manufacturer of OEM light assemblies and bulbs. cost would probably be about $36+. here's the link...

I gotta look for the HKS Power Beams for my next set of bulbs then... But your saying it's what outputting not drawing??? So when the stock bulbs are on, they really just output 65ws of heat/light? I guess thats the same with your house bulbs right? I mean, when we buy 100w bulbs to replace the 60w bulbs, they sure seem brighter & hotter too!...

H4/9003 bulbs for our cars are rated at 60/55W.

02 DX Millenium Red

Latest posts

Back