What boost gauge??

jmv

:
2003 MSP #1475
I'm looking into getting an A-pillar gauge pod, and i wanted to put a boost gauge, and A/F gauge, and an oil pressure gauge in there. I was thinking i'd go with stewart warner, since i've heard some good things about them, and i've heard not so good things about Autometer, as far as boost gauges are concerned. But i'm really not sure what to get for the boost gauge... do i want a boost gauge that shows 0-15 psi, or a vacuum/boost gauge that shows 30 vacuum to 15psi?? I don't really know much about what vacuum is, why it occurs, or if its important to monitor.... ?? I'm pretty unexperienced with this stuff. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

i have the SW boost and A/F. out of all the diff boost gauges out there, i like the SW cuz the range is -30 vacuum and +15. other boost gauges have boost going up to 20psi, 30psi or more. we only boost an average of 6 -7psi at stock boost. even if you're increasing it, you're probably not doing more than 12psi. so the SW is perfect. the movement of the needle is greater b/c of the low range. i would get one with vacuum, just so that you can tell when you are going to approach boost.

Back