What are "real world" benefits of a Cold Air Intake system.

This noob is curious....I'm looking for ways to increase HP without sacrificing mileage or making it too throaty (It's used for business). Would I see a gain from a CAI>>?

with my cai & exhaust I actually gained 1.5 mpg -> went from 25 to 26.5

a little better response and definitely a nice growl.

I added that mod a few weeks ago. You'll enjoy a little bit more mid-range grunt and a slight increase in hp and torque. Depending on your use of the vehicle, it might be worth the few hundred to do it. The mazdaspeed exhaust offered for it gave me an additional 60 miles to a tank. It might be to throaty for the tame crowd, but relatively quiet considering many of the others out there.
Hope this was helpful
Mike

mikem:

Where'd you buy your mazdaspeed exhaust and what'd you pay for it? I'm looking for a lower throaty growly kinda sound instead of a high pitched buzz and maybe this could be my answer. Is it really quiet though? Looking for opposite of quiet... thanks! :D

I am a salesman for mazda, plus I have some pretty good hook-ups with some peformance mods like intakes, clutches etc>>> I can get you hooked up if you want. let me know. e-mail me if you do.

The exhaust sounds good, but not overbearing like some of those hondas do.(pissed off lawnmower).

Trapshooter I just finished my 2nd Dyno run , 1st run New Injen CAI gained 3.5WHP , 2nd run with New Racing Beat Exhaust gained 5.0WHP , Total 8.5WHP. :D Nice Gains , Can FEEL the DIFF. lol P5LawnMan

Back