What am I missing?

speedblue88

:
2003 Laser Blue P5
Ok so I changed my brake pads and rotors this past weekend. Today it occurred to me that I used the wrong type of lube on the slider pins. So tonight I think, no problem, I'll just take the slider bolt out, swing the caliper open, slide it off, clean the wrong grease away, relube, then put it all back together without having to remove the entire caliper again. Good plan I thought, except that for some reason the caliper won't swing open after I removed the slider bolt. I try to swing it open, but it seems to hit something and won't go any further. What am I missing here?

Ok so I changed my brake pads and rotors this past weekend. Today it occurred to me that I used the wrong type of lube on the slider pins. So tonight I think, no problem, I'll just take the slider bolt out, swing the caliper open, slide it off, clean the wrong grease away, relube, then put it all back together without having to remove the entire caliper again. Good plan I thought, except that for some reason the caliper won't swing open after I removed the slider bolt. I try to swing it open, but it seems to hit something and won't go any further. What am I missing here?

Did you pull the slider bolt out completely? It may just be the end of the bolt catching on the caliper.

Yeah, the slider bolt is out and laying on the ground. When I try to flip open the caliper, it seems to be hitting something, but I can't see what it could be hitting. The other side (passenger side) opens just fine, but this dang drivers side is driving me crazy. Also, anyone know where I can find replacement dust covers for the slider bolt and a new metal clip for the brake line?

Back