What Accessories To Get?

bacon1987

:
2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
Hi,

I just bought a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD (Black Mica) 8 days ago. I love it, I previously had a 2012 Mazda3 Hatch manual that I loved too, but I need more room. I bought the Grand Touring and did not get the tech package because I would end up paying more over time due to financing than I would if I bought the extras and installed them myself or had the dealership install them. Also they only had the tech package available on in white, I didn't want a white car.

With that being said I want to get the following things for my car, but I don't know which order I should do them in, as in what do you guys think are the most beneficial right away. I also want to know if some of the upgrades, in your experiences, are worth it. I plan on going OEM on all upgrades, here they are in no particular order:

Remote Start (Black Car w/ Black Leather in Texas Summers Yikes)
Navigation (No Cellphone Coverage in West Texas Roaming Charges Yikes)
Advanced Keyless Entry (Love Push Button Start I Already Have Wish I Could Keep Keys in Pocket/Bag Always)
Bi-Xenon HID Headlights With Auto-Leveling (I Live in Deer Country & I Don't Want a Bambi Paint Job All Over My Hood)
Auto-Dimming Mirror With Homelink (Hate My Clunky Garage Door Opener)

What do you guys think? Where can I get these parts the cheapest, and are self installs do-able for a rookie?

I am interested in hearing your opinions, I plan on doing this all over the course of 6-9 months.

Hi, congrats on your purchase!

You'll have a hard time with these 2 upgrades from your list, if you want to stay OEM :

- Advanced keyless entry
- HID

Remote start, navigation and the Homelink mirror are all dealer installed accessories. The Nav module is a simple plugin item; the mirror is a bit more involved. The remote start should probably be installed by your dealer.

Last edited:
Hi, congrats on your purchase!

You'll have a hard time with these 2 upgrades from your list, if you want to stay OEM :

- Advanced keyless entry
- HID

Remote start, navigation and the Homelink mirror are all dealer installed accessories. The Nav module is a simple plugin item; the mirror is a bit more involved. The remote start should probably be installed by your dealer.

Why is that? Are they not offered after purchase at Mazda Dealerships?

Think carefully before you get the OEM Nav system. Lots of messages here by people that really hate it. Why not get a portable that is way cheaper & much easier to upgrade over time?

Back