Went to the track last night...

Puccio

I shaved off .1 seconds by "shaving off" my back seat and passenger seat. Other than that, didn't do anything else special. Of the three runs, my fastest was 16.6, slowest was 16.72. I'd say those are some pretty consistant numbers.

I raced 2 integras actually...Both running nitrous oxide. One guy wanted to run against another integra, but it was running to large of a shot he said. That's when I knew I was about to get owned. He only got me by 2-3 car lengths though. Nothing severe.

Good times, but not worth losing your SEATS over. Hell, I ran a 16.5 bone stock...the only thing removed from my car was my girlfriend, my subwoofer, and my air filter.

I ran a 16.4 with CAI. Put your seats back in...practice your shifts, and get more power in the engine.

Did I mention I live in Florida. Humid as hell so your engine won't run good florida? Yeah. That Florida. On the coast so it's even worse. Oh well.

dude your at sealevel try colorado altitude which makes all cars slower, less air.......I dont believe humidity makes the car slower........

Puccio said:
Did I mention I live in Florida. Humid as hell so your engine won't run good florida? Yeah. That Florida. On the coast so it's even worse. Oh well.

guess that can have a negative effect on things...:-(

vegasmp3 said:
dude your at sealevel try colorado altitude which makes all cars slower, less air.......I dont believe humidity makes the car slower........

I think it does...more moisture in the air is harder to compress...I think....anyone know for sure?

Kooldino said:

I think it does...more moisture in the air is harder to compress...I think....anyone know for sure?

the humidity does have some effect...however...the actual sea level does too...your air isn't going to get any denser .... till you cool it, the heat there is more of a factor than the humidity is.. I know how hot it gets there..and that saps your power too....I live on the coast of texas.....BUT>.....run at night...or early in the morning....as that will help.....

the PRO's love running their big drag cars here in Houston....the national events typically are in the spring or fall when the weather is cooler....which is why the world records that are held were set on this track.

If you ran your car in Death Valley and the temp was 30C would you run a better time then you would at sealevel @ 30 degrees C?

Kooldino said:
If you ran your car in Death Valley and the temp was 30C would you run a better time then you would at sealevel @ 30 degrees C?

i doubt it....just because death valley is BELOW sea level does not mean that the air presure is greater than 14.7 psi.

Sir Nuke said:

i doubt it....just because death valley is BELOW sea level does not mean that the air presure is greater than 14.7 psi.
I have to agree i also live on the gulf coast .I do know that this past winter in texas my car ran 16.1 - 16.2's at the baytown track. But once it heated up and got sticky the best i can get is 16.5.The last recorded time was this past weekend at the San Antonio races.I ran 16.5 -16.8 all day!

Back