Well this should make modding the 2017 CX-5 suspension interesting!

To lower it (99% of the time).

This is how you can tell that the CX5 isn't a real SUV, but more a car on stilts, lol.

Almost NOONE lowers and SUV.

I thought the CX5 was an SUV when I first got it, as well. After some expensive damage crossing a flooded drive-way 10" deep, I learned otherwise. It's a car.

This is how you can tell that the CX5 isn't a real SUV, but more a car on stilts, lol.

I thought the CX5 was an SUV when I first got it, as well. After some expensive damage crossing a flooded drive-way 10" deep, I learned otherwise. It's a car.
Whatever...

Agree. The modern compact crossover is the sedan & minivan replacement. The early generation CUV's (RAV4, CRV, Escape) were styled like SUVs, but all have morphed to be the family grocery-getter, driving like a sedan, and more stylish and efficient than a minivan. Jeep and Subaru still maintain some offroad capability and outdoor-oriented styling.

Agree. The modern compact crossover is the sedan & minivan replacement. The early generation CUV's (RAV4, CRV, Escape) were styled like SUVs, but all have morphed to be the family grocery-getter, driving like a sedan, and more stylish and efficient than a minivan. Jeep and Subaru still maintain some offroad capability and outdoor-oriented styling.

Exactly. Approach/departure angles, skidplates, etc. The CX-5 sucks/has none, in these cases.

You want an SUV? You get a Tahoe, or a 4 Runner, or a Grand Jeep Cherokee.

I, too, was misinformed when I bought my CX5, but really, it's a stilted car.

Go ahead and try to take it offroad and when you're picking your front bumper up and putting it in the trunk to slink home, let us know how it went, lol

It's FWD; taking it off road is the last thing I would do with it. Do you even bother to look at forum member info? Geesh!

I don't think this will stop aftermarket manufacturers from coming up with parts for it, if it does sell well. They may not prioritize NVH with their parts though, so that's a compromise the owner has to make I suppose.

Here we go again with the negative stigma on modding in this forum. Let the people who own their cars, do what they want with their cars. I don't mind lowering a CX-5. Truth be told, I'd rather have a Mazda6 wagon, but guess what, it is not being sold here. The closest thing you will get to that, is a lowered CX-5. By the way I don't see the CX-5 as an off-road vehicle. It is a sporty CUV meant for the streets.

Yeah...I mean a crossover really just looks like a car that's higher off the ground and a bit bigger. I mean the CX-5 essentially looks like a taller and bigger, with some style differences Mazda3 hatchback to me.

P.S. CX-5 looks way better though. ;)

I don't think this will stop aftermarket manufacturers from coming up with parts for it, if it does sell well. They may not prioritize NVH with their parts though, so that's a compromise the owner has to make I suppose.

Here we go again with the negative stigma on modding in this forum. Let the people who own their cars, do what they want with their cars. I don't mind lowering a CX-5. Truth be told, I'd rather have a Mazda6 wagon, but guess what, it is not being sold here. The closest thing you will get to that, is a lowered CX-5. By the way I don't see the CX-5 as an off-road vehicle. It is a sporty CUV meant for the streets.

NO issue at all, the aftermarket parts just won't have the anti-NVH hardware.

That height is not for off roading, it is to see better over the other car, in front of you. (boom04)

That height is not for off roading, it is to see better over the other car, in front of you. (boom04)

That and my CX-5 has been absolutely fantastic in lots of snow in previous winters here in Colorado and when I used to live up in the mountains.

Back